Marvel teases a Journey into Imagination comic

doctornick

I am interested in buying the hardcover as a gift. Can anyone tell me when it is expected to come out? Would you be able to purchase it online or do you have to go to a comic book shop to get it?

Edit: I see it stated in the thread that the hardcover comes out December 3rd, is this still correct?

Maerj

Are there going to be more issues or is the Disney Kingdoms comic done with this story? These were really good and I'd like to see them do more.

Cmdr_Crimson

Are there going to be more issues or is the Disney Kingdoms comic done with this story? These were really good and I'd like to see them do more.

I beleive they are done unless their's a huge amount of people who want it..But, now they are going to do one for Big Thunder Mountain..

Maerj

I beleive they are done unless their's a huge amount of people who want it..But, now they are going to do one for Big Thunder Mountain..

That's what I meant, more stories in this series. BTM sounds like it could be pretty cool. If they keep making these, I'll keep buying them.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
I kinda wonder if Figment's success caught them so off guard that until the early sales numbers came in, they were considering dropping Kingdoms all together. Seekers of the Weird wasn't that big a seller after all.

Big Thunder Mountain coming in March and that article on Marvel.com elaborating on the future of the line explaining that "This is all one big Disney Parks Universe and you'll see where dots connect as we keep going." kinda sounds like they started thinking more seriously about it when Figment became a money printer among niche Marvel titles. You know, take some time off to consider where they are going.

Maerj

I kinda wonder if Figment's success caught them so off guard that until the early sales numbers came in, they were considering dropping Kingdoms all together. Seekers of the Weird wasn't that big a seller after all.

Big Thunder Mountain coming in March and that article on Marvel.com elaborating on the future of the line explaining that "This is all one big Disney Parks Universe and you'll see where dots connect as we keep going." kinda sounds like they started thinking more seriously about it when Figment became a money printer among niche Marvel titles. You know, take some time off to consider where they are going.

Glad they're making more but March is a long time to wait!

doctornick

Has anyone heard anything about the Figment Hardcover. I pre-ordered but received an email that it was cancelled by the supplier?

I would like to know if this is the case. I would like to purchase the hardcover as a Christmas gift, so if it is not going to happen, I need to make other plans.

And, if it is not cancelled, is there a specific place online where you can pre-order it?

doctornick

I wrote an e-mail to Disney Kingdoms and they wrote back and said that the hardcover for Figment is not going to be out until May 2015. Has anyone else heard this?

Figments Friend

It seems the hardcover edition has indeed been delayed.

It will however be worth waiting for, as Tony Baxter is writing the introduction to the hardcover edition.

:)

He spoke at the D23 Event at WDW last month about how he hopes the comics will help introduce a new generation to the characters of Dreamfinder & Figment.
Folks in their 30s and 40s treasure these characters because of their experiences with them at EPCOT Center back in the day, but now those folks who have kids of their own can't really share that experience anymore since the current Attraction has changed things so much.
So there is a desire to find some medium to help brings these two characters, and the original self-empowering creative concept, back for today's kids to enjoy and get inspired by...just like their parents were all those years ago.
The comic series is a step in that direction.

It would be great if there was enough interest and demand that the Studio would consider a film treatment.

Personally i think the best way to introduce these characters to today's generation of kids in a big way is to produce a major motion picture.
If done correctly, it would be EPIC and very much in line with what is considered 'popular' in today's fantasy film genre.
With that being a success, Disney could easily re-introduce them into the Park(s) as well as spread them across the multiple media platforms now available in today's age.

However you look at it, this is a good thing.

SteampunkKiasyd

Honestly, I think Blarion Mercurial/Dreamfinder (in the comic) looks more like James Franco. The cover of Figment #1 is clearly based on one of the Oz the Great and Powerful posters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom