Marvel Teaming with John Ridley for Mystery TV Series

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/17/marvel-john-ridley

john-ridley.jpg

Oscar-winning writer-producer John Ridley (12 Years a Slave) is teaming up with Marvel to develop a mysterious new TV series.

We hear the deal involves reinventing an existing Marvel superhero character or property for ABC—but all sides are staying quiet on exactly which title Ridley is adapting.

CaptainAmerica

"Reinventing" an existing character. If it IS Kamala Khan, there's absolutely no chance she'll be called Ms. Marvel. Zero. It's a goofy, awkward name to pronounce, and will confuse audiences (as I said in a different thread). It would be like making a movie called Ant-Guy or Thar or Sargeant America.

Yes I get Kamala's origin in the comics as a result of the terrigen bomb and Carol Danvers taking the Captain Marvel title. Still not going to happen in the MCU.

Sped2424

"Reinventing" an existing character. If it IS Kamala Khan, there's absolutely no chance she'll be called Ms. Marvel. Zero. It's a goofy, awkward name to pronounce, and will confuse audiences (as I said in a different thread). It would be like making a movie called Ant-Guy or Thar or Sargeant America.

Yes I get Kamala's origin in the comics as a result of the terrigen bomb and Carol Danvers taking the Captain Marvel title. Still not going to happen in the MCU.
Cause names like ant man, doctor strange, iron man, the scarlet witch, are all names that don't sound silly in the slightest. You seem rather picky and choosy over what is ridiculous and what isn't. I see 0 difference between her comicyness and anything else in the mcu.

CaptainAmerica

Cause names like ant man, doctor strange, iron man, the scarlet witch, are all names that don't sound silly in the slightest. You seem rather picky and choosy over what is ridiculous and what isn't. I see 0 difference between her comicyness and anything else in the mcu.
It's the "Ms." I object to. I don't think it's too silly or ridiculous or outlandish, I just don't think it's how people speak. I think it sounds BAD, not silly.

doctornick

I didn't see anything about this show. I presume it is either dead or still in development, but not ordered. American Crime is coming back for another season, so maybe Ridley is not available. Or maybe this will be a summer 2016 show if it does happen.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
I didn't see anything about this show. I presume it is either dead or still in development, but not ordered. American Crime is coming back for another season, so maybe Ridley is not available. Or maybe this will be a summer 2016 show if it does happen.
It's in development they haven't filmed anything yet. It will be winter/spring at the earliest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom