Marvel Land in DCA?

GiveMeTheMusic

Well sure, but I assume that incorporating flexibility into the design was the intention from the beginning.

It really wasn't; they just cheaped out on the inside (and the outside, while we're at it). The sparse decor does serve the purpose of a more flexible looking space and Frozen fixes it by basically covering it all up, but its twin venue at TDS got a much bigger budget and is elaborately themed as a vintage theater inside. There was a plan to build a similar venue at Epcot around the same time, but that obviously never came to pass.

This has been Stuff You Didn't Ask For, with GiveMeTheMusic.

truecoat

This was the space I heard being used. Cap Coaster (aka Tron Coaster), Iron Man ride (aka Star Tours) and possibly repurposed Monsters Inc ride but that sounded iffy.

image.jpeg

ctrlaltdel

That would be one big expansion if they took the parking lot behind ToT. Maybe good for immersive theming with the GOTG Tower. That whole area (including existing land set aside for Marvel) could be the size of SWL. Personally, I hope they do something different with it. With the parking lot and A Bugs Land, you could have a pretty good sized land there. But if it's Marvel all the way, I would think there would be 3-4 new attractions besides Mission Breakout, and hopefully we at least get another E in that southern section.

jmuboy

You see, I think Marvel WILL end up behind the Guardians Tower and grow organically. Meaning ToT would be phase one of possibly a 3 phase expansion into a full “marvel themed area”. This land may even gobble up Bugs Land one day.

And northward in the current backlot area and old bus drop area the Hollywood theme would continue. This is where the Mickey Mouse ride would go. Remember we have not accounted for that yet. Keep in mind the show building for the Mickey Mouse ride will be huge. Consider the huge Great Movie Ride facility which is where the Mickey Mouse ride would go into at WDW. This COULD also mean the maintenance barn and end of line tracks for RCT could turn left at the Hyperion (as opposed to the right like it does now) because the RCT will need to be realigned as an entrance to the area behind Tower is developed.

I think for first time in a LONG time Disney is willing to make BOLD and expensive moves at the DL resort. This may be the time when we the fans are the ones thinking small. It took it a LONGGGGGGG time to happen but the money minting machine called “The DL Resort” Eisner dreamed up in the mid-90s may finally be coming to life.

SSG

You see, I think Marvel WILL end up behind the Guardians Tower and grow organically. Meaning ToT would be phase one of possibly a 3 phase expansion into a full “marvel themed area”. This land may even gobble up Bugs Land one day.
This could work, but if Marvel is going south of the Tower rather than north, I think Bugs Land would definitely have to be used. If Mice Chat is in the ball park with their Marvel rumors, it will be a full land rather than a mini-land. There isn't enough room behind the Tower for 2-3 more attractions, plus the shopping, dining and M&G space a full scale Marvel Land will need.

Last edited:

truecoat

The place behind TOT GOTG wouldn't be big enough for a Tron coaster clone and Iron man clone from Hong Kong. If these are really what they are going for. You barely have enough room to put both in the expanded space using the transit drop off area and have enough left for shops and such.

Green is Iron Man, Purple-ish is Tron Captain America bike coaster and yellow is space for shops and Howard the Duck M&G.

DCA 3200.jpg

Stevek

The place behind TOT GOTG wouldn't be big enough for a Tron coaster clone and Iron man clone from Hong Kong. If these are really what they are going for. You barely have enough room to put both in the expanded space using the transit drop off area and have enough left for shops and such.

Green is Iron Man, Purple-ish is Tron Captain America bike coaster and yellow is space for shops and Howard the Duck M&G.

View attachment 158844
No Chappie Land?

Bacon

View attachment 158844
No tron just a small coaster maybe the size of 7DMT and iron man from HongKong

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom