Marvel Land in DCA?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Mouse Age is reporting the DCA is being looked at for a Marvel Miniland. Scroll to the end of the article. http://micechat.com/91544-disneyland-diamond-anniversary/

"That concept of a Marvel mini-land with elaborate atmospheric meet n’ greets, in order to get those valuable characters out of their Innoventions plywood purgatory, has grown in scale and cost now. The plan now is to have the Marvel Studios area be capped off by an indoor roller coaster with a thrill factor (and a height requirement) above Space Mountain or Big Thunder. Think of Rock N’ Roller Coaster themed to Marvel superheroes, but with sharper technology and a much healthier Iger budget, instead of the smaller Eisner budget that Rock N’ Roller Coaster got in the 1990’s."

Not much infor yet but they are expecting an announcement at D23 this year. it would be great if we got Marvel and Star Wars lands in the next few years.

Kman101

It makes sense. Sounds like D23 could have lots of fun announcements if they release info about Star Wars Land (for BOTH coasts ... it makes NO sense for Hollywood Studios to be left out when they are shoehorning SW into Disneyland) and a potential Marvel land. Hopefully the coaster isn't just a plussed Rock n Roller coaster themed to Marvel but a ride system that's similar to Gringott's. JMO but that would be a heck of a lot more fun and interesting that just a regular coaster.

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm ok with a Marvel mini-land in DCA but the idea of an indoor coaster leaves me cold. That Disney has managed to squander what can only be described as an insanely valuable property this way for so long is mind-blowing.

Marvel deserves its own gate. I want to go to Asgard, Stark Labs, etc. in fully realized DisneySea-esque environments. Sigh.

Travel Junkie

Wouldn’t a 3rd gate with anchored by Marvel, Star Wars, and… fine ok Frozen be a monster hit? I know DLR isn’t quite ready logistically but man I would love to see that park. So far Marvel has meet and greets, a Disney race named after it, basically a rethemed Star Tours ride coming to Hong Kong and this mini land if it pans out. It is very underwhelming considering the box office draw it has.

Even without WDW and Tokyo being options, sharing the development costs between DLR, DLP, HKDL and possibly SDL could bring a large presence to the parks that is worthy of Marvel. They are really blowing it and these things are cyclical. By the time they get around to it, comic book movies may have worn out their welcome.

Suspirian

I'm ok with a marvel area in Hollywoodland, but the Marvel Studios concept just seems kind of lazy. I guess a coaster is ok, but it just seems kind of expected for that property. Still looking forward to it though.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
I wonder if Disney is even worrying about Hulk and Spiderman since they are on the other coast. I would hope we can get some amazing rides on par or better then IOA.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Mouse Age is reporting the DCA is being looked at for a Marvel Miniland. Scroll to the end of the article. http://micechat.com/91544-disneyland-diamond-anniversary/

"That concept of a Marvel mini-land with elaborate atmospheric meet n’ greets, in order to get those valuable characters out of their Innoventions plywood purgatory, has grown in scale and cost now. The plan now is to have the Marvel Studios area be capped off by an indoor roller coaster with a thrill factor (and a height requirement) above Space Mountain or Big Thunder. Think of Rock N’ Roller Coaster themed to Marvel superheroes, but with sharper technology and a much healthier Iger budget, instead of the smaller Eisner budget that Rock N’ Roller Coaster got in the 1990’s."

Not much infor yet but they are expecting an announcement at D23 this year. it would be great if we got Marvel and Star Wars lands in the next few years.
Maybe an Ant Man sized coaster?

Kman101

Considering the box office successes the Marvel movies have been, it's pretty sad how ignored it kind of is within the parks and that nothing of a significance has been greenlit. I guess Iron Man Experience but that's just Star Tours themed to Iron Man. Not knocking it but that's just what it is. Sounds like they're dusting off their idea for Rock n Roller Coaster re-do in Paris and plopping it down in Anaheim.

Twilight_Roxas

A launched Marvel coaster? What an original idea! Disney's first stateside Marvel attraction not surpassing The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is sad. Just doing what Universal did two decades before is just pathetic.
I think the spider-man attraction could fit Big Hero 6.

Mike S

I'm ok with a Marvel mini-land in DCA but the idea of an indoor coaster leaves me cold. That Disney has managed to squander what can only be described as an insanely valuable property this way for so long is mind-blowing.

Marvel deserves its own gate. I want to go to Asgard, Stark Labs, etc. in fully realized DisneySea-esque environments. Sigh.
A launched Marvel coaster? What an original idea! Disney's first stateside Marvel attraction not surpassing The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is sad. Just doing what Universal did two decades before is just pathetic.
I can't agree more with these posts. Marvel has endless possibilities and Disney is going with Marvel meets RnRC :banghead:

jensenrick

LOVE this idea. This might actually get me to go to DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom