Marvel Land at DCA. Your thoughts...

Kramerica

So long as they do it with the same love and attention to detail as they did with Cars Land, I say yes please.And this is coming from someone who has absolute Marvel fatigue. But imagine the possibilities. The Iron Man suit display in Tomorrowland alone makes me geek out hard.

To me, California Adventure continues to get better and better. Let me come at this with an objective standpoint. From someone who used to be one hundred percent Disney World, you guys don't know how lucky you are. Disneyland and California Adventure are the to best Disney parks there are. Or at the very least here in the states. You're in the epicenter of Disney awesomeness, and they keep pushing to improve.

But please, Disney. One thing. Please make redoing the outside and queue of the Monsters inc. ride as awesome as the inside a top priority.

FerretAfros

Which brings up another question. If the expansion pad is 10 acres why are they calling it a "mini land?"
A large portion of the space shown in that image can't be used by this project. Everything Disney has done indicates that they want to keep the semi-private service road in tact behind the park (labeled as Disney Way on this map, though I don't think it officially has a name). Additionally, the white-roofed backstage buildings would need to remain, as well as the in-park backstage road around the periphery of the parcel. Once all those are removed, we're down to about 6.7 acres:
Marvel.jpg

And of that space, the existing Tower guest areas and backstage infrastructure along with the Red Car roundhouse are about 2.25 acres, meaning that there would only be less than 4.5 acres for new development. Although that's a relatively large parcel (approximately the same size as Grizzly River Run), WDI has proved that they are increasingly unable to use small spaces efficiently (12 acres for 3 attractions? 14 acres for just 2 attractions?!), so I have little confidence that they will use DLR's only remaining in-park expansion plot especially well

And for reference, here are some ground-level photos that I took of the area during a half marathon in November. The views are looking south along the in-park access road
12246647_10103698516175765_6387163223885807960_n.jpg

12308445_10103698517173765_6393319713543525170_n.jpg

12342346_10103698516470175_41139436339479286_n.jpg

12347604_10103698516839435_3126778251519706028_n.jpg

It looks like next month's race also goes through this area, so I'll see if I can snap some photos then

mickEblu

A large portion of the space shown in that image can't be used by this project. Everything Disney has done indicates that they want to keep the semi-private service road in tact behind the park (labeled as Disney Way on this map, though I don't think it officially has a name). Additionally, the white-roofed backstage buildings would need to remain, as well as the in-park backstage road around the periphery of the parcel. Once all those are removed, we're down to about 6.7 acres:
View attachment 137382

And of that space, the existing Tower guest areas and backstage infrastructure along with the Red Car roundhouse are about 2.25 acres, meaning that there would only be less than 4.5 acres for new development. Although that's a relatively large parcel (approximately the same size as Grizzly River Run), WDI has proved that they are increasingly unable to use small spaces efficiently (12 acres for 3 attractions? 14 acres for just 2 attractions?!), so I have little confidence that they will use DLR's only remaining in-park expansion plot especially well

And for reference, here are some ground-level photos that I took of the area during a half marathon in November. The views are looking south along the in-park access road
View attachment 137383

View attachment 137384

View attachment 137385

View attachment 137386

It looks like next month's race also goes through this area, so I'll see if I can snap some photos then

Thanks or the info! I figured that they must not be using all the land since it's constantly being labeled as a mini land. So 4.5 acres....for an E ticket, large Marvel shop a meet and greet area, probably a restaurant too ? Hmmm. I'll stand by what I said yesterday and say they should just focus all of their attention on the E ticket and less on making this a separate land. They should just make it an extension of Hollywood land and blow us away with the new attraction. Of course then the problem is marketing can't promote the new Marvel land.

But Disney , if you do build this new land please don't call it Marvel Land.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks or the info! I figured that they must not be using all the land since it's constantly being labeled as a mini land. So 4.5 acres....for an E ticket, large Marvel shop a meet and greet area, probably a restaurant too ? Hmmm. I'll stand by what I said yesterday and say they should just focus all of their attention on the E ticket and less on making this a separate land. They should just make it an extension of Hollywood land and blow us away with the new attraction. Of course then the problem is marketing can't promote the new Marvel land.

But Disney , if you do build this new land please don't call it Marvel Land.

I don't think they're allowed to. IIRC the Universal contract forbids parks in the US, regardless of location, from using the Marvel name in marketing materials. Hence Super Hero HQ, and I would imagine that would get in the way of naming something Marvel Land. Not sure.

mickEblu

I don't think they're allowed to. IIRC the Universal contract forbids parks in the US, regardless of location, from using the Marvel name in marketing materials. Hence Super Hero HQ, and I would imagine that would get in the way of naming something Marvel Land. Not sure.

Good to know!

View attachment 137382

View attachment 137383

View attachment 137384

View attachment 137385

View attachment 137386

That shouldn't take too long to demolish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom