Marvel Land at DCA. Your thoughts...

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
I looked on WDW Magic and saw no Marvel Land coming to Disney California Adventure thread. So I made one. Let's do this! Let's talk about the rumor (that still occurs today).

marvel-700x394[1].jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

I say bring it on. I'm not a Marvel fan and unlike Star Wars I have trouble associating Disney with Marvel superheroes. However, given the popularity of the brand the expectations for a Marvel themed area will be as high as they are for Star Wars Land and Harry Potter.

My hope is that they are careful about the storytelling and ensure that it aligns with the California theme. I'm crossing my fingers that we finally see a big project themed to San Francisco. Maybe it'll be the Marvel expansion.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
I say bring it on. I'm not a Marvel fan and unlike Star Wars I have trouble associating Disney with Marvel superheroes. However, given the popularity of the brand the expectations for a Marvel themed area will be as high as they are for Star Wars Land and Harry Potter.

My hope is that they are careful about the storytelling and ensure that it aligns with the California theme. I'm crossing my fingers that we finally see a big project themed to San Francisco. Maybe it'll be the Marvel expansion.

I agree. My biggest fear for California Adventure is that they don't drift away from the California theme. I hope the park doesn't turn into a Pixar type of theme park. Disney will have to find some way to fit Marvel in with a California-themed park. How could they?

Californian Elitist

I agree. My biggest fear for California Adventure is that they don't drift away from the California theme. I hope the park doesn't turn into a Pixar type of theme park. Disney will have to find some way to fit Marvel in with a California-themed park. How could they?

DCA has already drifted significantly away from the California theme.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
It should be obvious if one witnessed both DCA 1.0 and the current DCA. DCA 1.0 had way more California references than DCA 2.0. DCA has been "Disneyfied."

I wouldn't exactly agree with that. Sure the lands now have more Disney than in 2001-2007, but the theme park's atmosphere didn't really belong in a Disney park. It has Disney in it now. Not too much Disney to change the park's name. That's what I'm afraid of. Not too much. I think California Adventure has the right amount of Pixar. I just don't want them to add too much, or it won't be a California mixed with Disney theme park. Just a Disney and Pixar Adventure.

Buena Vista Street - California in the 1920's
Hollywood Land - Tells about the movie making in California
Grizzly Peak - Northern California Theme
Pacific Wharf - A tribute to California's fishing industry
Paradise Pier - A tribute to the carnivals, amusement parks, and boardwalks
Cars Land - Very California-like, relating to the Route 66 of California

Bug's Land - Now that needs to improve on it's California theme. They could find some way to have a land (that relates to California) where age 7 and younger kids could have fun that replaces Bug's Land.

Californian Elitist

I wouldn't exactly agree with that. Sure the lands now have more Disney than in 2001-2007, but the theme park's atmosphere didn't really belong in a Disney park. It has Disney in it now. Not too much Disney to change the park's name. That's what I'm afraid of. Not too much. I think California Adventure has the right amount of Pixar. I just don't want them to add too much, or it won't be a California mixed with Disney theme park. Just a Disney and Pixar Adventure.

Buena Vista Street - California in the 1920's
Hollywood Land - Tells about the movie making in California
Grizzly Peak - Northern California Theme
Pacific Wharf - A tribute to California's fishing industry
Paradise Pier - A tribute to the carnivals, amusement parks, and boardwalks
Cars Land - Very California-like, relating to the Route 66 of California

Bug's Land - Now that needs to improve on it's California theme. They could find some way to have a land (that relates to California) where age 7 and younger kids could have fun that replaces Bug's Land.

Buena Vista Street is a fantasy concept of 1920's Los Angeles Disney spun up.

Cars Land/Radiator Springs takes place in Arizona.

Hollywood Land definitely does NOT represent the filmmaking aspect of California. That it's laughable. As someone who was born and raised in Los Angeles, grew up visiting Hollywood, and studied some film and film history in college, I can safely say that Hollywood Land is a mega fail, and has nothing to do with filmmaking.

The one major attraction in Grizzly Peak is losing its California identity.

There's no point in discussing a bug's land.

The only two lands I'll give you are Pacific Wharf and Paradise Pier.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
Buena Vista Street is a fantasy concept of 1920's Los Angeles Disney spun up.

Cars Land/Radiator Springs takes place in Arizona.

Hollywood Land definitely does NOT represent the filmmaking aspect of California. That it's laughable. As someone who was born and raised in Los Angeles, grew up visiting Hollywood, and studied some film and film history in college, I can safely say that Hollywood Land is a mega fail, and has nothing to do with filmmaking.

The one major attraction in Grizzly Peak is losing its California identity.

There's no point in discussing a bug's land.

The only two lands I'll give you are Pacific Wharf and Paradise Pier.

How would they improve those lands?

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
At the same time, I don't care too much about what Disney does with DCA. Disneyland is another topic, but DCA is different. If Disney decides to put an entire land based on Marvel films in DCA, then whatever.

I understand that. Disneyland is more historic then DCA. And fortunately, if Marvel Land comes, it won't replace anything too popular most likely. Just one Bug's Life attraction would go (based on the Google Earth). And the storage areas. And if one Bug's land attraction would go, (and if they chose not to get rid of the land) then they could make a dark ride Bug's Life attraction. One similar to the Alice in Wonderland attraction in Disneyland. It would improve the place a lot.

Californian Elitist

I understand that. Disneyland is more historic then DCA. And fortunately, if Marvel Land comes, it won't replace anything too popular most likely. Just one Bug's Life attraction would go (based on the Google Earth). And the storage areas. And if one Bug's land attraction would go, (and if they chose not to get rid of the land) then they could make a dark ride Bug's Life attraction. One similar to the Alice in Wonderland attraction in Disneyland. It would improve the place a lot.

I'd rather see Marvel replace Hollywood Land. At least a bug's land is well-themed. Not saying that a bug's land is a good fit for the park, but Hollywood Land is the worst land of the park, despite the actual Hollywood being at most an hour away.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
I'd rather see Marvel replace Hollywood Land. At least a bug's land is well-themed. Not saying that a bug's land is a good fit for the park, but Hollywood Land is the worst land of the park, despite the actual Hollywood being at most an hour away.

What would they do with the Monsters Inc. ride? Move it, or get rid of it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom