Marvel in Hollywood Studios?

A1st

Original Poster
I heard a rumor that the Hollywood Studios Expansion will be primarily based on Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm. Marvel? Yes, Marvel. Apparently the Marvel Character license with Universal ends in 2015! And by that time Universal can not have any rides that use the Marvel characters. This means that the park will have to re-theme all of those attractions. Again, this is only a rumor.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I heard a rumor that the Hollywood Studios Expansion will be primarily based on Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm. Marvel? Yes, Marvel. Apparently the Marvel Character license with Universal ends in 2015! And by that time Universal can not have any rides that use the Marvel characters. This means that the park will have to re-theme all of those attractions. Again, this is only a rumor.

No. Marvel contract has no expiration. See here :

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/western-way-park-5th-gate.864474/

Tim_4

Okay I'll bite.

To be clear this is 0% true. That said, I think it would be entertaining to hear where you got this information.

Tim_4

Well I did say this is just a rumor, but I heard it from a tour guide (I know, not the most reliable source)
I don't blame you. That Disney name tag seems to say "I know what I'm talking about." Sadly, this is rarely true. Stuff like this is highly confidential even within the company and operations people, including management, are usually the last to know.

A1st

Original Poster
What I also "heard" (However, I am very skeptical to post because of the comments that I know it will get) is that Disney sends Imagineers into Universal to check on all of the Marvel rides to make sure everything is up to their standard, and that Disney is hoping that by annoying Universal this much it will make them give up the agreement.

Again, not sure if it is correct.

lazyboy97o

What I also "heard" (However, I am very skeptical to post because of the comments that I know it will get) is that Disney sends Imagineers into Universal to check on all of the Marvel rides to make sure everything is up to their standard, and that Disney is hoping that by annoying Universal this much it will make them give up the agreement.

Considered, tried and quickly abandoned. Hard to play such games when Universal Orlando Resort is maintained just as well as, if not better than, Walt Disney World.

WED99

ummmmm no.

Question: Since Disney bought Marvel, does the liscense only allow Universal the current walk around characters? For example, they can have spider man, etc. but do the others belong to Disney?

Tim_4

Anything aggregious would be all over the blogs in about five seconds. Not worth the time and effort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom