Marvel heading to the parks!!!!!

dagobert

Gas has gotten in trouble for saying things in the past before he had the funds approved, but when he talks of focusing on DSP first he is talking of the Ratatouille project first and Marvel down the road. ... But in between, you'll see Star Wars get a new and increased presence at DLP.

Thanks for the answer. Good to hear that there's more coming to DLRP. Are these new projects now possible because of TWDC's debt buyout?

|Q|

Gas has gotten in trouble for saying things in the past before he had the funds approved,

I thought mr Gas was into late announcement, he didn't acknowledge the construction of TSPL, Dreams! and now Ratatouille until the works were well ahead. And still no official artwork of the new attraction has been released, opposite behavior compared to all the other Disney Parks. Beside that, shouldn't they have a lot more freedom in investing money, now that most of their debt is owed to TWDC?

but when he talks of focusing on DSP first he is talking of the Ratatouille project first and Marvel down the road. ... But in between, you'll see Star Wars get a new and increased presence at DLP.

Mr Gas at the shareholders meeting stated that after Ratatouille next new attraction will be a non-Pixar family oriented one. So, would that be SW?

WDW1974

I thought mr Gas was into late announcement, he didn't acknowledge the construction of TSPL, Dreams! and now Ratatouille until the works were well ahead. And still no official artwork of the new attraction has been released, opposite behavior compared to all the other Disney Parks. Beside that, shouldn't they have a lot more freedom in investing money, now that most of their debt is owed to TWDC?

The debt is still crushing. Disney is hoping the new arrangement will allow for more spending in/on the parks. I don't know why art hasn't been released, but plenty has been leaked.

Mr Gas at the shareholders meeting stated that after Ratatouille next new attraction will be a non-Pixar family oriented one. So, would that be SW?

I didn't hear what he said, so I can't say for sure. If he was talking DLP, then yes. But if he was talking DSP, then he was talking Marvel.

|Q|

The debt is still crushing. Disney is hoping the new arrangement will allow for more spending in/on the parks.

Well, at last now banks don't have anymore the final word on greenlighting projects!

I don't know why art hasn't been released, but plenty has been leaked.

All that has leaked is from the Chessy Town Hall, a couple of site plans (one old and one new), a drawing of the outside of the main building and an elevation for the ride building and rethemed costuming building. The only thing leaked about the inside is a picture of a big projection dome, leaked almost a couple of years before the works started (and then seen installed inside the ride building in some construction pics). Just for the sake of showing of my OCD. And derailing this thread toward Paris ^_^'

dagobert

The debt is still crushing. Disney is hoping the new arrangement will allow for more spending in/on the parks. I don't know why art hasn't been released, but plenty has been leaked.

I guess the debt will be crushing for quite some time, since DLP still can't manage to get out of the reds, despite record attendance. Hopefully the with TWDC buying the debts it will be easier to reduce the them.

I didn't hear what he said, so I can't say for sure. If he was talking DLP, then yes. But if he was talking DSP, then he was talking Marvel.

If I'm not mistaken he was talking about WDSP and a multi year long expansion plan that will last until 2018 or so. Marvel makes sense at WDSP.

Good to hear that in addition to WDSP, DLP is still considering SW for Discoveryland.

Genie of the Lamp

Bump.

Disney and More posted an update on the marvel project for HKDL. There claiming that the tomorrow land section of HKDL will recieve an expansion which will bring forth an marvel E ticket, marvel themeing, etc by 2017. There's also more in store for the HKDLR (like a 3rd hotel):
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2013/08/fresh-news-about-hong-kong-disneyland.html?m=1

I would think this would be announced at the Tokyo d23 expo in October right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom