Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

PorterRedkey

It has been indicated that buildings will be removed to allow access to ST.
I know @marni1971 most recent layout allowed for Star Tours access, but I thought that was far from official. Is that what you are referring to? I think he said it was based on a dream. However, it could work.

I hope they can keep Star Tours. I ride it 4 or 5 times each visit, even if I just visit for a day. I only rode it 3 times last January because the Jakku sequence was not random.

I just don't think people appreciate that a C3-PO AA is piloting the ship. How cool is that! Sometimes I just watch the AA.

JustInTime

I know @marni1971 most recent layout allowed for Star Tours access, but I thought that was far from official. Is that what you are referring to? I think he said it was based on a dream. However, it could work.

I hope they can keep Star Tours. I ride it 4 or 5 times each visit, even if I just visit for a day. I only rode it 3 times last January because the Jakku sequence was not random.

I just don't think people appreciate that a C3-PO AA is piloting the ship. How cool is that! Sometimes I just watch the AA.
Yes that is what I'm alluding to. I assumed him saying it was a dream was his way of not getting himself in trouble. If you read his next few posts, somebody wrote that they would hate to see muppets cut off and ST connected to SWL and he replied, "get used to it." Sometimes you gotta read between the lines. I may have misunderstood but it seems totally plausible.

PorterRedkey

Yes that is what I'm alluding to. I assumed him saying it was a dream was his way of not getting himself in trouble. If you read his next few posts, somebody wrote that they would hate to see muppets cut off and ST connected to SWL and he replied, "get used to it." Sometimes you gotta read between the lines. I may have misunderstood but it seems totally plausible.

I hope you are right, but I am not holding my breath. Especially, when it seems ST in DL is destined for an overlay since Tomorrowland is far from the new land.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No i meant that it is as plausible based on your idea that buildings and things could be removed so there could potentially be a direct path to star tours from Star Wars land.
There will be a direct path (with curves under the tunnel)

It will go from Star Tours in a straight line to the "tunnel". It will run right through where the skyscraper tower backdrops are today and down the centre of what was New York Street.

Basically the forced perspective skyscrapers will go to open up a wide, straight boulevard.

JustInTime

There will be a direct path (with curves under the tunnel)

It will go from Star Tours in a straight line to the "tunnel". It will run right through where the skyscraper tower backdrops are today and down the centre of what was New York Street.

Basically the forced perspective skyscrapers will go to open up a wide, straight boulevard.
When I said buildings were moving that's what I meant. You explained that beautifully and I can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for sharing.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry, it looks like I contributed to this confusion. I must have misread @Bill Cipher 's post thinking he was just talking about a re-theme of Star Tours, I missed the part about moving the simulators. There is NO indication that Star Tours will be moved to Star Wars Land.
I disagree. Seeing as ST is on the opposite side of Muppet Courtyard than where SWL is planned to be, and that DHS's SWL will probably be a carbon copy of DLR's version, (which would REALLY need it's ST moved) I think there is a fighting chance that ST will be moved.

Phicinfan

I disagree. Seeing as ST is on the opposite side of Muppet Courtyard than where SWL is planned to be, and that DHS's SWL will probably be a carbon copy of DLR's version, (which would REALLY need it's ST moved) I think there is a fighting chance that ST will be moved.
Per all insider reports, ST stays as is, until SWE opens, and then at some point post that, it will get rethemed to some other ride. Not surprising as the Falcon ride to me sort of replaces ST.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

That is just speculation, there is no rumors of it moving and none of our insiders have indicted that it is moving.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just because no insiders have confirmed it, I'm not allowed to speculate and entertain logic? k...

You can speculate all you want, which is fine, but you were disagreeing with my statement "There is NO indication that Star Tours will be moved to Star Wars Land", which is correct, there is currently nothing that indicates it's moving.

It's sort of like the Iron Man going into the DL ST rumor. Lots of speculation about it because in some ways it makes sense, but there is no evidence that it's actually being considered.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
You can speculate all you want, which is fine, but you were disagreeing with my statement "There is NO indication that Star Tours will be moved to Star Wars Land", which is correct, there is currently nothing that indicates it's moving.

It's sort of like the Iron Man going into the DL ST rumor. Lots of speculation about it because in some ways it makes sense, but there is no evidence that it's actually being considered.
You've got the definitions of indication and evidence wrong. Logic is indicating and acting as evidence that ST will be moved. It may not be the most sound evidence, and it definitley isn't as sound as an insider confirming, but it is evidence nonetheless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom