Marvel Cinematic Universe - Park Concept

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
marvel-studios-nuevo-logo-2014-criticsight.png

I've always been a fan of how the Marvel Cinematic Universe has become interconnected over the years, and with Phase 3, this will usher in a whole new wave of characters moving forward.

While the concept of a theme park surrounded around one central IP is a blue sky concept, it can be fun to dream and explore the possibilities. Over the next few weeks (and with all of your help too!) I'd like to construct a fully functioning Marvel Theme Park.

I will draw influence from the films that have been released, theorize about future films, and draw from the comic books to in order to include a wide variety of characters and themes.

As for a few requirements:
- Since this will be a Disney owned park, it will be placed either internationally or west of the Mississippi, perhaps as a 3rd park for Disneyland?
- I'm only going to use the characters that Disney has film rights to, with small caveats. I'm going to use Spider-Man and the characters surrounding him. And in my world, Fox will sell the Fantastic Four rights back to Marvel so I'm going to use them as well. However, X-Men and Deadpool will not be included in this theme park.

Here's my tentative schedule that I hope to keep:
Dec 21st
- Overview, Layout, Location, Scale.

Dec 22nd
- Shield Headquarters - acting as the park's "main street".
- Wakanda - a mini-land based on Black Panther's African nation
- Hell's Kitchen - Marvel's street level heroes, such as the Defenders and Avengers Tower (acting as the park's icon)
Nepal - entry to the mystic side of the MCU with Dr. Strange as well as the hideout of the Thunderbolts

Dec 23rd
- Sokovia - Hydra base
- Attilan - a mini-land that's home of the Royal Family of Inhumans
- Asgard - home of Thor and the rainbow bridge to other realms
- Cosmic - Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Kree, Thanos

All in all a total of 8 lands (2 of which are mini-lands and all of which are interconnected with each other through easter eggs and hints)

My goal is to have it done by Christmas (we will see how it goes;)) But I'm excited for this project!

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
DISNEY'S MARVEL UNIVERSE
Park Overview

Disney's Marvel Universe will be the 3rd Gate at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. Announced in 2015 with a completion date of 2019, Disney's Marvel Universe will be situated on newly purchased land south of the current resort (in the A box)
disneyland-anaheim-land2.jpg

The park will incorporate 8 themed lands based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe and other comic book related material. It will bring your favorite superheros to life in this one of a kind theme park. Below you can see a rough sketch of the park layout and design, with the numbers and letters representing respective attractions, shops, and eateries. More details will come for each land but below the image you can read the synopsis for each attraction location (the numbers) on the map. All other locations will be explained in detail later on.
20151221_030825-1_zpsan3i2wue.jpg

1 - The Helicarrier
Guests enter the park through the S.H.I.E.L.D authorization unit and are greeted by Nick Fury and Maria Hill as they walk aboard the Triskellion which "flies" them to the Marvel Universe. Off in the distance you can see Avengers Tower, Oscorp, and more familiar locations.

2 - Avengers: Secret Wars
marvel-secretwars.jpg

Based on the epic space opera comic (and most likely the follow-up to Infinity War Part 1 and 2 in the MCU) join the Avengers on this larger than life thrill ride through the cosmos and time travel as you battle through dimensions to save the universe. This attraction uses a first-of-its-kind technology (the next generation of KUKA arms) which will be explained in detail later

3 - Daredevil vs Punisher
Daredevil-Season-2-Rosario-Dawson-The-Punisher.jpg

As you explore the NYC streets and wind up in the center of Hell's Kitchen, be prepared to witness the brutal and physical matchup of Daredevil and Punisher on this dark ride event!

4 - AKA Purple
Marvels-Jessica-Jones.jpg

Based on the hit Netflix show, Jessica Jones, this psychological show dares to push the boundaries of theme park attraction in this terrifying encounter with the Purple Man, who at any moment can mind control the entire audience if not for Jessica saving the day.

5 - The Spectacular Spider-Man
Enter Oscorp and battle the Sinister Six in this high flying indoor roller coaster.

6 - Fantastic Four
Prepare for inter-dimensional travel as you venture to Planet Zero and face off against some of the Fantastic Four's greatest enemies including Galactus and Doctor Doom, with the help of the Silver Surfer.

7 - Wakanda Trails
tumblr_nyni2nyrSI1u496xso3_r1_1280.png

Board a raft and sail around the Wakanda River and get caught up with Ulysses Klaw and Black Panther in a duel for precious vibranium metal.

8 - History of Wakanda
A film about the nation's history and its leaders

9 - Expansion Pad

10 - Captain America: Serpent Society

Help Captain America and Bucky Barns hunt down the remnants of Hydra including Baron Zemo in the wintry forests of Germany on this EMV indoor/outdoor attraction.

11 - Dr. Strange

tumblr_mok8wwrdbf1qbxq4to1_1280.jpg

Deep in the Himalayas you find the Sorcerer Supreme, Dr. Strange, and venture with him into other dimensions such as the Quantum Realm and other worlds and battle his arch enemy Dormammu

12 - Attilan
Using the same technology that was used to create the floating mountains effect at Pandora: The World of Avatar, Attilan, the Inhumans' home, will also look as if its floating in the air as it does in the comics. All around this land you will get to meet the Royal Family and the variety of powers they possess.

13 - Warlock and the Guardians

4097870-2689388632-warlo.jpg

The Guardians of the Galaxy will team up with Adam Warlock, protector of the "Soul Infinity Stone" to keep it out of the reach of the evil titan Thanos.

14 - Rocket and Groot Rescue
A kid-friendly flat ride on the roots of Groot as you fight off Ronan and in a Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin type fashion.

15 - The Collector's Chamber
This walk-through attraction takes you into the Collector's room from Guardians of the Galaxy as you get to look at all of the easter eggs to the comics including Howard the Duck

16 - Captain Marvel

"Fly" with Captain Marvel on this kid-friendly flat ride through outer space

17 - Ragnarok: Battle for Asgard

Thor-vs.-Surtur.jpg

Fight with Thor, Loki, and the Warrior's 3 on this roller coaster in the dark as you fend off the evil Surtur from destroying the galaxy.

18 - The Vault
Look inside Asgard's trophy room in this walk-through attraction

19 - Quinjet
Fly throughout the park as you get a grand-tour of the Marvel Universe aboard the Quinjet, a peoplemover type vehicle design.

20 - Marvel's Infinity War
f55c5521b3ded76f72cfe6c27489adac2509a4fc.jpg

With a view all around the river, when the stars come out and the sun goes down, you can witness an acrobatic showcase based on one of Marvel's most popular comics to date. See all your favorite superheros battle for the fate of the universe against Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet in this awesome nighttime fireworks and show spectacular!

Thanks for reading! More details to come:)

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Isn't the Triskellion a building? I thought it was a SHIELD base.
It was late...sorry about that, you're right. I got my terminology confused. Idk if they even have names now:p All I can think of is Project Insight. Well...we will just call it the Helicarrier for now!
Wonder who would portray the Fantastic Four?
I'm going to recast them! Should be up sometime today.

Flippin'Flounder

It was late...sorry about that, you're right. I got my terminology confused. Idk if they even have names now:p All I can think of is Project Insight. Well...we will just call it the Helicarrier for now!

I'm going to recast them! Should be up sometime today.
I'm pretty sure it's just called the Helicarrier, but I'm not sure.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
For @Twilight_Roxas this would be my new Fantastic Four reboot that the attraction would be based on. @TheOriginalTiki could even chime in too and help because if I remember right I think you and BlueDragonFive did a rewrite of Fantastic Four?

Fantastic Four

Directed by Denis Villeneuve

Synopsis
After gaining their powers through an inter-teleportation experiment to the negative zone, the group of scientists struggle with their new abilities. As they try to figure out what went wrong, their transporting device falls into the hands of Harvey Elder and opens up the world to the realms of Subterranea and beyond. The "Fantastic Four" must assemble and travel to these other-realms to stop the nefarious "Mole Man" from threatening the planet.

Main Cast
Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic - Colin Hanks
Sue Storm/Invisible Woman - Alexandra Daddario
Johnny Storm/The Human Torch - Dave Franco
Ben Grimm/The Thing - Josh Gad
Harvey Rupert Elder/Mole Man - Bryan Cranston

Concept Art
Subterranea
latest

latest

Mole Man
MoleMan.jpg

Negative Zone
panel_ff051b.jpg

In the film (if it ever happened...and maybe I'll do a mock plot overview after I'm done with the park, but I'd also have a stop at the Inhuman home of Attilan, when Edler discovers it and a battle between the Fantastic Four and the Inhumans would take place, introducing them to the MCU)

That's about it for now, let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

Cool although I always vision Jennifer Morrison as Susan Storms/The Invisible Woman, but its your idea, and your concepts. As a suggestion how about a original concept that has the riders & the Fantastic Four battling Moleman, M.O.D.O.K, and Doctor Doom?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Cool although I always vision Jennifer Morrison as Susan Storms/The Invisible Woman, but its your idea, and your concepts. As a suggestion how about a original concept that has the riders & the Fantastic Four battling Moleman, M.O.D.O.K, and Doctor Doom?
Ohh...actually I like the Jennifer Morrison suggestion...she would be great!

And yeah I would have then battle a bunch of villains...but I'd try to keep it to 3. Those are excellent choices. I especially like M.O.D.O.K. since he is one of the weirdest characters ever :D

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Because have you notice that M.O.D.O.K is the only Marvel villain that didn't appear in the MCU yet?
Yeah he's a major player and hopefully in Phase 4 he gets something to do. Doesn't look like he's in Phase 3

I mean who wouldn't want to see a giant floating head?:hilarious: Could go well maybe with Guardians of the Galaxy or something more weird like that.
latest

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
So a little out of order, but since we've been talking about Fantastic Four it would be fitting I start with Marvel's first comic and the "first family" so to speak of the universe. Here's the attraction that will be located in the NYC area of the theme park.

4bb41a0dd8a6f.jpg

As guests cross off the Helicarrier and into Marvel's NYC, they are met with a variety of buildings in the Marvel Universe. The Baxter Building, using forced perspective to appear larger in size, will be the home of the "Fantastic Four" attraction.
latest

Queue

You travel through the building and look at Daily Bugle articles on the walls depicting all of the heroic feats of the team. You see several easter eggs as well, as one of the articles on the wall explains that Victor Von Doom is being held at the Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane, and was placed there just recently. You then watch a pre-show video of Reed Richards explaining that you'll enter the tour of the laboratory of inter-dimensional travel. In order to travel with them, you will be placed in authorized pods for the remainder of the journey.

Attraction Ride Synopsis

For the most clear picture of what this attraction will be, think a 3D trackless dark ride with a hint of Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.
As you board your pods a lap bar comes down across you with a remotely controlled device in front of you. In the first scene, you accidentally wind up in the Negative Zone and acquire the power of one of the four members of the team. In your pod of 2 people, you can either use the remotely controled device to stretch and attack targets like Reed, make your pod Invisible like Sue, throw flames like Johnny, or smash like The Thing. This will be randomized and as the ride progresses the trackless ride system enables the vehicles to come close together and work as a team throughout the ride!

From the Negative Zone you are transported to Subterranea and battle Mole Man and his henchman. As the scene completes, Mole Man transports you to another dimension where you have to battle an even more treacherous villain.
Fantastic-Four-Face-The-Mole-Man-for-the-second-time.jpg

The next scenes involve M.O.D.A.K as you and your team come together to take down this evil floating head as 3D screens all around you project his image from side to side, up and down as your vehicles twist and turn to defeat the enemy. M.O.D.A.K laughs as he transports he says before he left Earth he releases a special someone from Ravencroft, meaning Dr. Doom. You fly back to earth and to the New York City streets.
mdkprev2.jpg

The arch-enemy of the Fantastic Four and your final battle of the attraction is in front of you. Fight as a team as you take down this iconic villain once and for all.
latest

Your ride vehicles return to the Baxter Building for the unload procedures and you disembark and journey out to the street level of Marvel's NYC for your next comic adventure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom