Marti Gras and lots of characters.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Yesterday I went to Universal, and it was sort of a "dress rehersal" for marti gras. All of the shows that would be added for this event, were all out practicing, and there are going to be a LOT of added shows. I would have to say that the amout of shows are doubled for marti gras, and they added so many new characters (not new, but never out). When I was walking aound the backlot/hollywood/NY area, there wasn't a spot where a new show wasn't going on, or charlie chaplin was driving around in a car, or some other kind of enterainment.

It seems like they have stoped the budget cuts for a while and hired a bunch of enterainment.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Originally posted by Disneyowner182
Cool cant wait to g to Marti Gras since i got my ap by the waydo you know when it is

Even though they started some of the shows already, the offical start is the 8th.

Camelot

It's interesting to see that Mardi Gras is celebrated in so many places...in so many ways.

Things are in full swing here in New Orleans with the parades, and the Mardi Gras Balls.

Hope the weather is decent here, on Mardi Gras, because I am riding on a Truck Float after the Argus Parade in Metairie. LA.

Camelot

Originally posted by woofboy111
So you get to see the real thing!!!

Yes...and sometimes I forget just how unique it is, until I remember that to most folks, Tuesday, February 12, will just be another work day, just like the rest of the week, while for us here in New Orleans and surrounding areas, it will be FAT TUESDAY, MARDI GRAS...

As a resident of the French Quarter, though I must say that we all breathe a sigh of relief when the partying in all over, because after a week of non-stop noise and trash and finding people urinating in front of your house, etc...(you get the picture), we are ready for things to return to "normal" :)

woofboy111

Original Poster
Last Night, I went to mardi gras at universal, and it's really good. Not counting the crouds (I have NEVER seen the park so crouded during the day), it's great. At 5:30 they start nonstop entertainment such as jugglers, stiltwalkers, games, throwing out beads, plus a lot more. Then at 8:00, all of the rides close down, and the parade starts. I was expecting a parade like they had in Halloween Horror Nights, but this is much better. It is very long compared to the one that they had a HHN, probably at least twice as many floats. I wouldn't say it's better than spectro magic, but it is much better than the Magic Kindoms Daytime parades (I haven't seen the other parks new parades). Then, after the parade, at 9:00, they start their musical guest. (I didn't stay to watch them, but I'll be back next weekend.)

Also, when all of the mardi gras is over at universal, they must have given out millions of beads!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom