Marathon Weekend 2012

Ariel484

my wife wants to run in the princess half marathon, since we are both new to running we want to train and run it together, can men run in the princess half marathon?

Do it! I ran it with my brother this past February. You guys will have a blast! :sohappy:

Just be aware that the tech shirts that you get with the entry fee come in WOMEN'S sizes only...my brother ordered a medium and had to exchange it for an XL at the expo.

faw286570

I have registered for the 2012 full marathon. Now this will be out of place on this thread. Since I am new here and would like to become a member of the disney running community online is there a place to post an introduction, or a format for this? I appreciate anyones guidance on this. A PM or post is fine to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Figment82

We registered for the Full last night - snuck in just before the $10 increase. We waffled back and forth for weeks about going for it or sticking to the Half, but ended up going for it. :lookaroun

We did a nice 14 miles yesterday and hopefully can keep the momentum going through the summer. :) We bought bikes a few weeks ago to help with some cross training. I wish everyone the best of luck in their training!

Phonedave

I have registered for the 2012 full marathon. Now this will be out of place on this thread. Since I am new here and would like to become a member of the disney running community online is there a place to post an introduction, or a format for this? I appreciate anyones guidance on this. A PM or post is fine to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

You just did. :)

Seriously though, if you want to start a thread introducing yourself, just do so.

Otherwise, just jump right insomewhere.

It is a friendly group over here in this corner of WDWMagic.com

-dave

Oh, and Welcome aboard :)

JillC LI

Well, I just did it. Signed up for my first full marathon. Funny, my left foot hurts all of a sudden. :D

Congratulations! Committing is the biggest step, and making that commitment public is another biggie. Now change your mindset from "I signed up for my first full marathon" to "I'm going to complete my first full marathon" - I'm a firm believer in the power of positive thinking!

MKCP 1985

Congratulations! Committing is the biggest step, and making that commitment public is another biggie. Now change your mindset from "I signed up for my first full marathon" to "I'm going to complete my first full marathon" - I'm a firm believer in the power of positive thinking!

absolutely!

Disney is the best place in the world do to a first marathon because no matter your pace, there is someone right there with you. :king:

lpet11984

Considering going for the half marathon in January, especially after reading some awesome trip reports that are helping give me some courage. (Ariel484- I loved reading about your trip! :) ) My sister in law and I, along with other family, will be in WDW for New Years and it looks as though we may just try and stay the rest of the week so we can run the half together along with one of my best friends who lives down there already. The Donald medal and the prospect of getting out to CA (where S-i-L lives) for the Disneyland half in Sept '12 are also proving convincing.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Considering going for the half marathon in January, especially after reading some awesome trip reports that are helping give me some courage. (Ariel484- I loved reading about your trip! :) ) My sister in law and I, along with other family, will be in WDW for New Years and it looks as though we may just try and stay the rest of the week so we can run the half together along with one of my best friends who lives down there already. The Donald medal and the prospect of getting out to CA (where S-i-L lives) for the Disneyland half in Sept '12 are also proving convincing.

Do it!:sohappy:

Ariel484

Thanks! :wave:

You should totally do it...you, your SIL and your friend will have a blast. :sohappy:

tranquil21

I am thinking I am going to do the Goofy Challenge!!

I have only run the Philly marathon in 2009....and thought I would never train for a marathon again....but...here I am....looking for a challenge!!! What better than doing Disney??? :)

Good luck everyone!!

One question.....do family and friends enter the parks for free to watch us...or do they have to pay admission for the day??

dreamfinder

One question.....do family and friends enter the parks for free to watch us...or do they have to pay admission for the day??

Depends on where and when they are trying to watch. If they want to catch you running down Main Street, they can normally get in there for free, but will have to leave before the park opens. They will be contained to one side of Main Street, and not allowed past the hub. Most runners will be going through the other parks after they have opened. If family/friends want to cheer you on from within the park, they will need to have admission to the park for that day. Cheering from the start/finish don't require admission to the parks, but they may need to wait a bit to get close enough to see. They can also cheer at the Yacht/Beach Club area without needing admission, but then they can't see you finish. If you look at the runners handbook and also on the website, they have guides to helping spectators find locations to watch based on your expected times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom