- size - size - size

A Safe-Circle’s what they covet you'll find that they love it
Because they try to change the things you prize

They're green they're blue they're pink they're white
They're round they're square they're a terrible sight
They tie themselves in horrible knots
They come in stripes or polka-dots

Beware Beware Be a very wary bear…
And the report button is going to make you cry! Cry, cry, cry, cry!

shipley731

Ok Peter Pan, don't grow up if you don't want to. However, life isn't always wine and roses or even fair. You have to grasp what life has given you and move forward. As much as I love Disney, and I visit often, I know there is a bigger, badder world out there. I've visited other places in this country & overseas. You can't wrap everything in bubble wrap for your kids & expect them to be able to cope with the real world once that are out of the nest. I'm guessing you never went in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and visited "h#*l". That ride was more dark than HM and it still exists in DL, albeit in a little different version. (One of my favorite rides ever. Rode it in WDW often as a kid & then again less than a month before it closed. The highlight of my trip to DL in 2013 was getting to ride Mr. Toad's again). My point is that HM is what it is. You can't insulate your kids from everything bad and expect them to be able to deal with life. Am I advocating for showing your kids videos of suicide or executions?; of course not. But the hanging figure in the stretching room is brief & cartoon like. It is what it is. The sudden darkness & lightning sound effects are probably more frightening than the actual hanging image. You think it's too intense or might be too much for your kiddo, don't take them in the ride. Behave like a grown up. Have real conversations with your kids when they are old enough to understand these concepts and help prepare them to live their life.

mousehockey37

Ok Peter Pan, don't grow up if you don't want to. However, life isn't always wine and roses or even fair. You have to grasp what life has given you and move forward. As much as I love Disney, and I visit often, I know there is a bigger, badder world out there. I've visited other places in this country & overseas. You can't wrap everything in bubble wrap for your kids & expect them to be able to cope with the real world once that are out of the nest. I'm guessing you never went in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and visited "h#*l". That ride was more dark than HM and it still exists in DL, albeit in a little different version. (One of my favorite rides ever. Rode it in WDW often as a kid & then again less than a month before it closed. The highlight of my trip to DL in 2013 was getting to ride Mr. Toad's again). My point is that HM is what it is. You can't insulate your kids from everything bad and expect them to be able to deal with life. Am I advocating for showing your kids videos of suicide or executions?; of course not. But the hanging figure in the stretching room is brief & cartoon like. It is what it is. The sudden darkness & lightning sound effects are probably more frightening than the actual hanging image. You think it's too intense or might be too much for your kiddo, don't take them in the ride. Behave like a grown up. Have real conversations with your kids when they are old enough to understand these concepts and help prepare them to live their life.

If this person is really 13, none of what you said is going to make any sense.

However, you are right. Too many parents are trying to insulate their kids from the evils of the world instead of educating them about it. Instead of being the role models of a generation, a lot of these "insulators" are just enabling the problems of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom