Manifest Destiny: A Lifetime Walt Disney World Fan's First Trip To Disneyland

Sage of Time

I can't...

It's not an opinion, it's a fact. All of the attractions I listed are Frontierland attractions, whether you like it or not. The only attraction that's a little far from everything else is the Columbia. Big Thunder Ranch is a few feet from Thunder Mountain (one can literally hear the train and people screaming from the zoo), the Mark Twain is docked RIGHT IN FRONT of Thunder Mountain, the Shootin' Exposition is to the righ of Frontierland's entrance, and Pirate's Lair is actually on the Rivers of America. There isn't a single show/ride at Disneyland that takes place on the Rivers of America that's considered a New Orleans Square attraction. And I really don't see how a trip around the River, where there are animatronics of critters and Native Americans, screams New Orleans Square. Those themes are so different, I really don't understand how one can become confused with the other.

It is obvious you haven't spent enough time in Disneyland's Frontierland, based on what you're saying. And you're attempting to call a fact an opinion. I've seen you do this before, therefore I'm done going back and forth with you. Byyyeeee.
Thanks for taking a nice conversation about thematics so seriously.

I said that this was the way I felt about how the thematics interacted, despite the attraction listing being in Frontierland.

Sorry you don't want to have this conversation anymore. The only point I was trying to make is that I interpreted that the thematics of New Orleans to interact with the ROA on a much more significant level than it did with those if FrL. Which is what I said. Nothing more or less.

George Lucas on a Bench

I prefer DL's Frontierland, even though it sometimes smells like pee. Sure, it's crummy not having the Country Bear Jamboree and a comparatively ruined Tom Sawyer Island, but truth be told, the one thing I would transplant from WDW's Frontierland if I could is the Pecos Bill restaurant for that toppings bar. When I think of all my enjoyment of the DL version, I find I prefer it. You got the riverboats (L-O-V-E love spending an afternoon going around on all of them), my favorite of the two Thunders, Rancho Del Zocalo with its amazing chips and ultra-relaxing outdoor seating area right in the middle of the land (good luck doing that in WDW), the kinda sad, yet awesome, petting zoo, Fantasmic! at night, frequently deserted Big Thunder Trail with a smoking section in a weird corral thing advertising the cavalry and a complete lack of parades going through it. DL wins for me.

Mike S

Original Poster
Hard to believe a whole year has passed already since the start of this trip. I want to go back so badly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom