Pre-Trip "Man, I Hate Dangling"!!! The Begley's 1st Trip To Disney!!

Hey, I'm Sheena! Nice to meet ya!

I'm a 29 year old SAHM who has NEVER been to Disney..sigh...

But, no worries...we are FINALLY headed to the one place Ive been wanting to go to after 2 cancellations!!

Well everything is booked, paid for, and we are just playing the waiting game at this point. Cant wait to book our Fastpasses in 2 weeks!!!

List of Characters:

My Family hails from the Philadelphia Suburbs and have been to many places including Florida, London and Romania!!

Me: Sheena, 29. I'm Nila. Notice my title...my fvorite line from the Lion King..." Man, I hate Dangling". Makes me laugh every time!

Dh- Steve, 34 (He has never been either). He's my Simba and we've been married 9 years!!

DD: Issy, 7. Smart, Funny and the type-A Big Sister!! She is counting down the days and cant wait to get on an airplane.

DS: Ethan, 3 aka E-Man: Your typical boy!! Loves to run, play, eat pizza and play his drums!!

DS: Nick, 1 aka Little Hercules: Loves to laugh, EAT, climb the stairs...and did I mention EAT!! He's the baby and he knows it!

Now, for the particulars....:))

Who: The Begley's + my MIL who is seriously the BEST, sweetest MIL a girl could ask for!!

What: Our 1st DISNEY Trip!!!!

When: 11 Glorious Days & 10 spectacular nights!! August 20th-30th, 2014!!! 76 days left!!!!

Where: We are spending our first 3 nights at the Poly Club Level as a 30th Birthday present for me! the remaining 7 nights will be at townhouse with a private pool for $579 for the week! Yes, you read that right, $579 for the week!!! It was a special that I booked in February of 2013! It was too good of a deal to past up!!

Why: Ive always wanted to go to Disney! Its like a rite of passage for me! My mother couldn't afford to take us growing up and its something Ive always wanted my children to experience. I may very well cry when I see the castle!

Some Background Info: Ive been researching Disney Info like a made woman!! I think I could get a degree, if there was one offered for Disney...LOL. Also, We booked the Poly through a TA who got us an AWESOME rate of $230 a night for 5 of us (its 6 really but we dont pay for Nick) at the Poly CL!! That includes our tickets (4 days + water park), and 2 extra fastpasses given to us each day we visit (in addition to the 3 Disney provides) for staying at least 3 days at Club Level during construction. It was VERY nice of the folks at Poly Club Level to do that for us!

So Let's get to the Itinerary..shall we!!

Wednesday, Aug. 20th- Flights out of PHL via Southwest at 10:10am. We paid for Early Boarding so we could all sit together. Its wouldve been nice to get an earlier flight but I wanted the kids to wake up during their normal times 7:30am. We will have a limo service coming to pick us up and take us to the airport! Getting this vacation started right!!! We land at 12:50pm and have rented a van. We rather have our own transportation than ride the Disney buses. After getting the van, we plan to stop for lunch at Chick-fil la! After lunch, head to Target for some snacks/drinks, then check into the Poly! We hope to get settled before our ADR at the Grand Flordian Cafe (we were booked at Ohana but with the menu being changed, we decided to cancel). After dinner, just explore Grand Floridan/Poly and get in our jammies and head to the Lougne for desserts/drinks and FIREWORKS!!! Then off to bed for an early start the next day! Morning EMH at Magic Kingdom!!!

....will be back in a little bit...its 5:15 and kids gotta eat...LOL.

Attachments

• pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 39
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 38
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 38
  • ethan.jpg
    ethan.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 43
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 48

AJ's B

I'd like a deal like that! You are going to have a terrific time. Remember that it's going to be hot and there is usually afternoon thunderstorms. We will also be there August 20 to 30.

DisSplash

I am soooo excited for you! I too did not get to experience the Disney magic at Disneyworld until I was an adult, and yes, you should be prepared for tears. All of that pent-up excitement merges with the reality that you made that dream happen for not only you but your own kids becomes just too much to handle without tears! We also arrived at Magic Kingdom for the first time as the parade was coming down the street, so it was even more magical and emotional. So keep some tissues handy, and be prepared to get yourself hooked!

You have definitely done your research too. Sounds like you got some great deals there! And yes, it does rain just about every afternoon on August (we were there last year at about the same time). But a little rain won't stop your fun. Just don't forget to pack ponchos for everyone. I recommend packing at least 2 (or more) for everybody - you can stock up on really inexpensive camping ponchos at Target. Way cheaper than the Disney ponchos. And hopefully you'll be near Pirates or something else where you can pretend it isn't raining. One year, we rode Pirates 8 times in a row while it poured outside! When we finally came out the rain was gone!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip plans!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom