Man falls out of Balcony at Contemporary Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

monorail_driver

Original Poster
I have just gotten back from the Wonderful World of Disney [Disney World]. I stayed at the contemporary Resort, but on July 4 or 5 (time gets lost in Disney) at 4:00am, a sheriff came to our room and asked if we had heard of an argument, because a room, someone had gone from the balcony to the cement below, and they didn't know if they were pushed or jumped. The person was on the eighth story, so I doubt they were survived. It was amazing at how fast Disney cleaned up the scene, as they seem to always do.

My question is this: Does anyone know whether he jumped or was pushed out of the balcony? I didn't see any news on it, and I'm sure the media wasn't informed about it. Please let me know.

NOTE: This is a serious topic, as it does involve a death, as far as I know. Please reflect your comments as such.

speck76

this type of thing happens more often than you would want to know at large hotels with "accessible high places"

speck76

Vegas has it right....not a single hotel has a balcony

There is a hotel in Atlanta....has a very tall atrium (50 stories or so)

They have to keep a "jumper tarp" behind the front desk, as it happens often there.

BenS

MEBSTinkerbell said:
The mans death was ruled a suicide by the county :( Very sad
No chance that it was an accident?

That's terrible. Was he alone or did he have his family with him?

Ringo8n24

monorail_driver said:
I have just gotten back from the Wonderful World of Disney [Disney World]. I stayed at the contemporary Resort, but on July 4 or 5 (time gets lost in Disney) at 4:00am, a sheriff came to our room and asked if we had heard of an argument, because in the room directly below ours, someone had gone from the balcony to the cement below, and they didn't know if they were pushed or jumped. The person was on the eighth story, so I doubt they were survived. It was amazing at how fast Disney cleaned up the scene, as they seem to always do.

My question is this: Does anyone know whether he jumped or was pushed out of the balcony? I didn't see any news on it, and I'm sure the media wasn't informed about it. Please let me know.

NOTE: This is a serious topic, as it does involve a death, as far as I know. Please reflect your comments as such.

July 4th or 5th? I am confused. Is this a recent thing or last year?

Tom

Beta Return
Ringo8n24 said:
July 4th or 5th? I am confused. Is this a recent thing or last year?

Type-o, I imagine, since we just past JUNE 4-5.

Seems very odd that someone would go to WDW to finish it all off. I'm going to make a guess that he suffered from medically diagnosed depression and/or was intoxicated.

Ringo8n24

Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering if this happened that far back and I had not heard about it before. That is really sad for that person, their family and everyone else who had their vacation affected by it. :(

monorail_driver

Original Poster
Yeah, I meant June ... made that mistake one too many times...

I wondered what everyone heard...i heard from a Contemporary worker something about a "love triangle" with three guys in the hotel room and an argument in the hotel room and he was pushed off ... I guess that report was wrong. I'm guessing they probably got back from Pleasure Island and has a little too much to drink ... sad ending to a magical vacation.

Robfasto

I remember for years that the skylights in the roof of the Contemporary had to be boarded over to keep people from jumping through them. The finally found a suitable 'glass' to go up there so the sun can shine through.

Ringo8n24

Any links to a story about this or was it kept quiet from the media by Disney? Some of you seem to know a little about this so I was wondering if it leaked on the news.

speck76

Ringo8n24 said:
Any links to a story about this or was it kept quiet from the media by Disney? Some of you seem to know a little about this so I was wondering if it leaked on the news.

Something like this is typically not heavily reported for respect to the family. It happens at Orlando hotels more often than you would think possible.

Woody13

speck76 said:
Something like this is typically not heavily reported for respect to the family. It happens at Orlando hotels more often than you would think possible.
Hi Speck!:wave: Let's say I was staying in one of your hotels and I got depressed and decided to jump. Would you throw out the safety net for me?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
edwardtc said:
Seems very odd that someone would go to WDW to finish it all off. I'm going to make a guess that he suffered from medically diagnosed depression and/or was intoxicated.

Perhaps it was the shock of seeing the bill that their kids had charged to the room :eek:

Robfasto

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Perhaps it was the shock of seeing the bill that their kids had charged to the room :eek:

True, the arcade at the Contemporary doesn't use money anymore for the games, you can add 'credits' to your room key....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom