Malfunction Stories

What Disney Parks attraction breaks down the most frequently?

• Total voters

graphite1326

Several year ago while riding the Kilaminjaro Safari at Animal Kingdom the driver saw an animal (a bird maybe) go under the truck at a stop but didn't see him come back out. He had to call for another CM in a smaller vehicle to come and look all around the truck. We were stopped for over a half an hour waiting for the person to come out and check. It was a scenario I had not considered before on the safari, but I can see how it could have been traumatizing to run over an animal, or worse, for the next truck to find it's carcass.
This baffles me that it would be traumatizing. Of course I live in the country and hitting an animal or seeing one hit or dead along the road is a daily occurrence.

jaques21

in all my years at WDW I have only been evac'd once and it was on BTMRR, the ride broke down on the steep incline and we were removed and taken under the mountain was pretty cool. I have also broken down on SSE for 45 mins, I was stuck at the roman scene.

mikenatcity1

while i've never been evacuated, these are 2 of the more annoying breakdowns:

Disneyland Pirates- past the bedroom and just at the treasure room- the second time I ever rode it I was stuck in that room for over an hour. At least that's a point in the ride where it's only the background music, not the singing.

EPCOT- the Nemo ride. Just after we launch, Marlin is looking for Nemo. We were stuck there for 30-40 minutes. I haven't been back on that ride as the same lines repeated over and over and over...

danyoung56

I just experienced a very weird malfunction of Ellen's Energy Adventure. At the end, as your vehicles are coming back into the opening room, and three screens are on your right with the final scene of Final Jeopardy, the vehicles stopped and the 3 screens went black about 10 seconds early, and we didn't rotate. The small screen on the left started, but it was covered with a drape. That scene played for about 10 seconds and then everything just went dark. We saw the cast members scrambling around for about 10 minutes. And then an overalled employee manually opened the right side of the vehicles and we all stepped down and exited. Very strange.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We got stuck for about 15 minutes on Splash at the "waterfall" after the big drop. Somehow my daughter always manages to make sure I sit on the right side so I will get wet from the water fall... :/

I kept hoping a CM would announce we'd be evacuated from the ride. If only to keep me from strangling my daughter everytime the water fall started, drenching me, while she laughed.... I seriously considered dis-inheriting her. She still finangles it so I ride on that side and laughs when I get soaked. I'm beginning to think she arranged that stop with the CMs operating the ride....

:bored:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom