Making room requests

Marianm

We arrive at the Contemporary on October 20th, this may be a silly Question, but how would I go about making a special room request? There are two separate linked reservations so we have two rooms, and I wanted to request adjoining rooms. Would my best option be to call the hotel directly? Email disney? Or call WDW? Thanks all :)

DisneyDreamer08

If you check in online 30 days prior (I think it's 30 days) there is also a spot there to type in a room request. We did that when we stayed at Pop last Dec and got pretty much exactly the spot we wanted.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

We arrive at the Contemporary on October 20th, this may be a silly Question, but how would I go about making a special room request? There are two separate linked reservations so we have two rooms, and I wanted to request adjoining rooms. Would my best option be to call the hotel directly? Email disney? Or call WDW? Thanks all :)
Thanks for asking this question. I was going to post this since we will be going the week after you. I do have another similar question and sorry if it already answered. How close to your check in date should we call?

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Thanks for asking this question. I was going to post this since we will be going the week after you. I do have another similar question and sorry if it already answered. How close to your check in date should we call?

Disney used to allow faxed in room requests to be sent in 4 days prior to your visit years ago (as far back as 2005). Unfortunately they no longer allow this. However, the technology is there today for Disney to get your room requests from the reservation system more easily now than before. Now, when you call to make your reservations let the CM know what your requests are (please keep it to only 2 or 3 requests). When you make the reservations it will be noted on your account and the Room Assignor will see those requests. If they can grant them then they will do so. There is no need to call the resort ahead of time now. If your requests are not met you can ask again at the front check-in counter.

Upvote 0

Marianm

Original Poster
I called about two weeks ago and made the request. When I called a few days ago to pay the balance of my trip, I double checked about the request and they said they saw it noted on my reservation. I think you can call now and make the request.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Yes. You can. You make the request when you make the reservations. Whether that is 5 days or 5 months in advance. it doesn't really matter when you do it. I just wouldn't wait until 4 days out to do so because the Room Assignor may already have your room assigned.

Upvote 0

DanCore

Disney used to allow faxed in room requests to be sent in 4 days prior to your visit years ago (as far back as 2005). Unfortunately they no longer allow this. However, the technology is there today for Disney to get your room requests from the reservation system more easily now than before. Now, when you call to make your reservations let the CM know what your requests are (please keep it to only 2 or 3 requests). When you make the reservations it will be noted on your account and the Room Assignor will see those requests. If they can grant them then they will do so. There is no need to call the resort ahead of time now. If your requests are not met you can ask again at the front check-in counter.

I also wondered about faxing room requests. I asked Disney via an e-mail and received the following response.

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We are happy to let you know that you are still welcome to fax in a room request if you would like. The fax number for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort is 407-934-2736"

My wife and I will be celebrating our 30'th anniversery at CBR starting on Sept 23'rd and I am sending a fax 4 days before to ask for a first floor room in the Martinque buildings.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

I also wondered about faxing room requests. I asked Disney via an e-mail and received the following response.

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We are happy to let you know that you are still welcome to fax in a room request if you would like. The fax number for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort is 407-934-2736"

My wife and I will be celebrating our 30'th anniversery at CBR starting on Sept 23'rd and I am sending a fax 4 days before to ask for a first floor room in the Martinque buildings.

That is nice to know. I was told years ago that they stopped that practice. :D Thanks for the heads up. ;)

And Happy Anniversary!!

Upvote 0

andy773

I don't know the correct terminology but make sure you determine whether you want connecting or adjoining rooms. I'm not sure which is which, but one term means two rooms that are next to each other while the other term means two rooms that are next to each other with a private door that connects the two rooms. Does anyone know the correct Disney definitions?

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

I don't know the correct terminology but make sure you determine whether you want connecting or adjoining rooms. I'm not sure which is which, but one term means two rooms that are next to each other while the other term means two rooms that are next to each other with a private door that connects the two rooms. Does anyone know the correct Disney definitions?

Connecting is with the door. ;)

Upvote 0

Disney4family

Connecting has the door that opens between the two rooms. Adjoining is next to each other.

Also-

We were once told by a CM that, although room requests are noted, we should call 10 days before we arrive to confirm with them about room requests since that is when room assignments are made.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Connecting has the door that opens between the two rooms. Adjoining is next to each other.

Also-

We were once told by a CM that, although room requests are noted, we should call 10 days before we arrive to confirm with them about room requests since that is when room assignments are made.

I've heard that it is no sooner than 4 days. That is the maximum length of time that Disney can safely "hold a room" for a guest.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom