Making first Disney Autograph Book

Tribute Trainer

Original Poster
I'm working on creating my first autograph book for my kids for our upcoming trip. Below are the pages I've come up with. The first photo is for the cover, the last three are for general autographs of characters that don't have pages created for and the back cover. I'm planning to order an 8x8 lay-flat Shutterfly book.
I was hoping to get suggestions and comments before I order the book. Thank you for your input!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

mrtoad

very neat idea! my kids have used the standard autograph books in the past and then last trip I purchased on etsy 2 books that were made from disney little golden books that had the binding cut off and then after all the pages of the book they added like 50 sheets of white paper before the back cover and then spiral bound it. For this trip they are using those same books but they have both decided to draw pictures of each character they want to get autographs from in the corner of each page. My older daughter is a very good artist so they came out great. My younger daughter is 7 and her pictures show that but are very cute all the same.

I saw you did ralph and venelope, do they do meet and greets? if so that is great.

nice job!

PineapplePrincess

Very cute! I wish I had been craftsy enough to make one when DD was younger. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think Mike & Sully do autographs because of their hands.

Tribute Trainer

Original Poster
Very cute! I wish I had been craftsy enough to make one when DD was younger. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think Mike & Sully do autographs because of their hands.
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. I will look into the autographs from Mike & Sully. I know I read Ralph doesn' t sign due to his hands.

Livialovesdisney

This is fantastic! I hope you all have a great time at Disney :) My only suggestion, it is not even really a suggestion haha, is to put them away and save them for when the kids are older! :) I went to Disney all the time when I was a kid and I had an autograph book FILLED and I really wish I would have saved it. :'( I am so disapointed that I didn't. So definitely, save the autographs for when the kids grow up! It will make for good memories (; xx

Tribute Trainer

Original Poster
This is fantastic! I hope you all have a great time at Disney :) My only suggestion, it is not even really a suggestion haha, is to put them away and save them for when the kids are older! :) I went to Disney all the time when I was a kid and I had an autograph book FILLED and I really wish I would have saved it. :'( I am so disapointed that I didn't. So definitely, save the autographs for when the kids grow up! It will make for good memories (; xx

That's a good idea. I will definitely have to do that.

Tribute Trainer

Original Poster
Looks great!!

Just know there is a possibility that Shutterfly will not print this due to copyright on the characters. I had better success with Wal-mart site-to-home.

I did some research into photobook companies. I didn't realize how many there were until I started looking. I really wanted a lay flat book with thicker pages. I originally was thinking Shutterfly, but ended up going with Adoramapix due to the pages. The books came out great.

Longers

Curious to how this turned out? Have you used it in the parks yet as I don't think you said when your trip was?

Tribute Trainer

Original Poster
Curious to how this turned out? Have you used it in the parks yet as I don't think you said when your trip was?
The books turned out great! We've taken a couple trips down there since I made these, so we have been able to get all the pages signed except Peter Pan and Ralph/Vanellope (Vanellope no longer signs). I'm glad to have added the extra pages in the back as we've seen a dozen or so characters that we didn't have pages for. The kids love them and look at them all the time.

msr709

I'm working on creating my first autograph book for my kids for our upcoming trip. Below are the pages I've come up with. The first photo is for the cover, the last three are for general autographs of characters....QUOTE]

Wonderful idea!! You've inspired me to do one for my grandson and nephew. Where did you get the pictures? Love them and the whole idea!! I'm so glad I found this thread.

Tribute Trainer

Original Poster
That's exciting.
I just searched google for backgrounds and clipart. I used adobe photoshop to add the characters onto the backgrounds.
Also, we brought several color sharpiesso we picked colors that matched the characters to sign with. It looked nice after.
I also recommend whatever photobook company you use, to get the thicker pages.
If you have more questions, feel free to contact me.

msr709

That's exciting.
I just searched google for backgrounds and clipart. I used adobe photoshop to add the characters onto the backgrounds.
Also, we brought several color sharpiesso we picked colors that matched the characters to sign with. It looked nice after.
I also recommend whatever photobook company you use, to get the thicker pages.
If you have more questions, feel free to contact me.
How do I private message you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom