Making FastPass+ Selections right now and I have some questions....

Lexi

Original Poster
Ok, so I read a good amount about this new fastpass system and I thought I had it all figured out. From what I was reading it seemed when you booked your passes you would be able to pick between rides, shows, firework and parade options -- my only options are for the rides.

Am I missing something or has Disney not fully rolled out all of these features yet? Any help would be appreciated!! Oh not sure if it makes a difference to the answer, but our trip is from October 9-16 and we are testing out the magicbands as well.

Thanks!!

Disney Shib

No they have not. MyMagic+, FP+, etc are all still in testing.

Do you know if you need to have the magic band to use FP+? Right now my AP is just a card still. I am going to January with my family who are not APH's. Will they not be able to use the FP+? Sorry for all the questions. I am hoping someone can help explain this process to me lol. :cautious:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do you know if you need to have the magic band to use FP+? Right now my AP is just a card still. I am going to January with my family who are not APH's. Will they not be able to use the FP+? Sorry for all the questions. I am hoping someone can help explain this process to me lol. :cautious:
I am honestly not sure at this point. I know that if you gt your AP switched over to an RFID card it should be able to work with FP+, but I am sure if access is open to AP users at this point.

Rob562

I am honestly not sure at this point. I know that if you gt your AP switched over to an RFID card it should be able to work with FP+, but I am sure if access is open to AP users at this point.

FP+ will work for AP holders but only if you're staying at a Disney hotel that's participating in the test and if the AP is linked to your MDE account. It's not open to general AP holders yet.

If they haven't done so already, the OP may want to get set up on MDE with profiles for everyone and link their current AP to those profiles so they're ready when the Bands and FP+ do roll out to AP holders.

-Rob

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So confused still so wdw posted this article two days ago http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...!-joins-the-fastpass-line-up-from-tonight.htm and I still cannot see these options, I'm assuming its just taking Disney a few extra days to get everything up and running since their website, I'll go with the polite word here, stinks! Anyone have any luck getting fastpass+ for fireworks, parades or shows??
It depends on availability and what days. Fant is supposed to be available daily, but Wishes and Illum are weekends only.

Mrsdonaldduck

So confused still so wdw posted this article two days ago http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...!-joins-the-fastpass-line-up-from-tonight.htm and I still cannot see these options, I'm assuming its just taking Disney a few extra days to get everything up and running since their website, I'll go with the polite word here, stinks! Anyone have any luck getting fastpass+ for fireworks, parades or shows??
Just returned and we were able to use fast pass + for wishes fireworks and electrical light parade on the weekend (Friday night) it was aweome!

CaptainShortty

FP+ is currently only available to those guests staying on property with a valid theme park ticket (and annual pass) and resort stay. Your pass and resort reservation will need to be linked to your MDX account for it to allow you to utilize FP+

Lexi

Original Poster
Just returned and we were able to use fast pass + for wishes fireworks and electrical light parade on the weekend (Friday night) it was aweome!
Did you make your fastpass+ selections for the fireworks and parade before your trip or while you were in Disney?

WDW-LUVR

I was able to make all my fastpass reservation through MDE app. I was able to wasp out attractions and times, Had no problems at all. I was able to make a fastpass reservation for Illumination(Saturday Night) I was not given the option for Wishes,ELP, or BOG (during the week)

PolynesianPrincess

We're AP holders but staying on property next week and are involved in the magic band and FP+ testing. We were able to book Illuminations for this coming Saturday as well as Fantasmic for next Saturday. No parades or fireworks at MK were options for us (might be because we are going on a MNSSHP night)

I did notice when I tried to change my FP+ on MDE app, it kept saying "no other options for this time period" when I wanted to change one attraction to another. That really stinks knowing that day, if we need to change something, basically we're stuck! It's on a Sunday where the crowd level is not predicted to be high. Can only imagine how it will be when crowds are really high....

One question though for anyone who may be able to answer... Since I'm using the magic band and utilizing FP+, will I still be able to access regular FP? And also, do you know if the magic band will have my AP on it, so I can just scan that to get into the parks? I know my KTTW card never had it on it, so I didn't know if the B would, since it's linked in MDE app.

Mrsdonaldduck

We're AP holders but staying on property next week and are involved in the magic band and FP+ testing. We were able to book Illuminations for this coming Saturday as well as Fantasmic for next Saturday. No parades or fireworks at MK were options for us (might be because we are going on a MNSSHP night)

I did notice when I tried to change my FP+ on MDE app, it kept saying "no other options for this time period" when I wanted to change one attraction to another. That really stinks knowing that day, if we need to change something, basically we're stuck! It's on a Sunday where the crowd level is not predicted to be high. Can only imagine how it will be when crowds are really high....

One question though for anyone who may be able to answer... Since I'm using the magic band and utilizing FP+, will I still be able to access regular FP? And also, do you know if the magic band will have my AP on it, so I can just scan that to get into the parks? I know my KTTW card never had it on it, so I didn't know if the B would, since it's linked in MDE app.
We were able to still use regular fast pass with our key to the world

docdebbi

i am curious, how does this work?
where is the location for the parade, what time do you have to arrive, do you still need to get there early to get a good seat, is it crowded?
any and all info is appreciated
thanks

Mrsdonaldduck

i am curious, how does this work?
where is the location for the parade, what time do you have to arrive, do you still need to get there early to get a good seat, is it crowded?
any and all info is appreciated
thanks
So for the parade our fast pass was for 8:40 and the parade started at 9 we were in a roped off area in front of the castle we sat in the curb. A lot of nonfp+ folks tried to go under the rope and sit in the fp area but cast members explained to them that this is the fp+ section and they couldn't sit there. For the fireworks the fast pass was 9:30 andfireworks were at 10.'they seat you on the lawn in front of the Rose garden. Everyone is seated on the grass so they ask u to park strollers off to the side. If you get there at 9:30 you can still leave to go to the bathroom and then reenter scanning your magic band. Everyone on grass looking at the castle so no seat is bad and tink flies right over head.

docdebbi

So for the parade our fast pass was for 8:40 and the parade started at 9 we were in a roped off area in front of the castle we sat in the curb. A lot of nonfp+ folks tried to go under the rope and sit in the fp area but cast members explained to them that this is the fp+ section and they couldn't sit there. For the fireworks the fast pass was 9:30 andfireworks were at 10.'they seat you on the lawn in front of the Rose garden. Everyone is seated on the grass so they ask u to park strollers off to the side. If you get there at 9:30 you can still leave to go to the bathroom and then reenter scanning your magic band. Everyone on grass looking at the castle so no seat is bad and tink flies right over head.

thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom