Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, June 17

Woody is not a fan of flying. He has spent a good part of his career in the air (he's a Delta million miler) and would prefer to drive to WDW. He feels a car journey is more relaxing and puts him in a vacation mood.

Em and I are the opposite. We want to BE THERE NOW and flying gets us there faster....except when you live within 8 hours driving distance, flying really only saves a couple hours. But each hour spent in the world is better than one that isn't, am I right??!!

When our kids were growing up we always drove to WDW and suffered through many hours of rain, traffic delays, construction slowdowns and BOREDOM. (Can you relate? I know @TheMouseFan can!) However back in 1995, Woody had enough frequent flier miles to fly the 5 of us to Orlando.

Here is little Em on her very first airplane ride.
IMG_8883.JPG

(For you moms out there, yeah she's sporting Gymboree :))

Driving continued to be our primary mode of transport until Southwest entered the Atlanta market a few years ago. With $49 fares, it was almost cheaper for Woody and I to fly than drive. I was happy. He was not. In addition to disliking air travel, he dislikes Southwest. But he loves me enough to agree to fly. :inlove:

This trip I compromised and spent the extra money to fly Delta. The plane took off late and our row (in the middle of the plane) did not receive beverage service because the flight attendants were chatty with each other instead of working....we even watched as one snacked on a bag of peanuts while standing beside us! The captain announced our approach and the cart was whisked away as my throat grew even more parched. (Water! I just want a sip of water!)

That has never happened on Southwest.

We landed and I practically dashed to a water fountain. A quick ride on the fonorail ("fake monorail" a la @Doc Disney) and we were here ~

IMG_7436.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

It's always a bit nerve wracking wondering what crowds we're about to encounter at Disney's Magical Express. You may remember DME pictures from my previous reports that resemble Wal-Mart on Black Friday. Those pictures were taken on a Saturday afternoon.

It was Saturday afternoon.

Did you hear that? A big collective sigh of relief from the Tuvalu family. Cause this is what it looked like ~

IMG_7438.JPG

I would ask, "Guess where we're going?" but I already told you which resort.
IMG_7439.JPG

You're going to see a different side of Woody this trip. A playful side. Starting now.

IMG_7440.JPG

Even with construction, this is still a happy sight!

IMG_7441.JPG

After stops at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs and PO French Quarter we finally arrived at PO Riverside.

IMG_7443.JPG

IMG_7444.JPG

I had received our room number text while on the bus so we skipped the front desk. Riverside is a sentimental family favorite as we spent our 90s vacations here. Will we remember our 2017 stay with the same fondness?

Pirate Magic

Would this be considered virtual reality? Or augmented reality? In either case, happy to be a jelly bean! :hilarious:

We can compare notes!

It's not Woody who gets ditched this time........:cautious:

We'll always have Epcot. :happy:

Welcome, Sabrina!

This made me LOL Karen!

It may not be covered in pixie dust....you've been warned.:eek:

So was he!!!!!

Yes we will!! I can't still believe that I saw you at EPCOT

Longers

Saturday, June 17

. Riverside is a sentimental family favorite as we spent our 90s vacations here. Will we remember our 2017 stay with the same fondness?

I really hope so - you know how I feel about it!

And I can't believe you can get fares so cheap - no wonder you are always there I would be too at those prices!

I really need a move to the USA

Following along - Again ............

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Maybe someday there will be hovercars. :D
Hover cars were my favorite part of The Jetsons. And the old Horizons ride. :(

I'm in! Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Hi Matty!

This is my first comment on a trip report, but just have to say I've enjoyed reading your recent ones and am happy to have another to follow while waiting for our own Disney trip in August! I'm hoping my daughter will still want to go on Disney vacations with me as an adult like your daughter does!
If you indoctrinate your daughter early, she will! :p Thanks for reading.

I really need a move to the USA.
Specifically Florida....then you could ride BTMRR as often as you wish! And just think of all the ice cream....;)

Im in :) i could never get tired of a @Tuvalu TR!
Welcome back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom