Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

fractal

@MinnieM123 we ended up spending a couple hours IN the Oasis pool. Literally IN ~ there were no open chairs and it was too hot to sit anyway.

And before you give me grief @fractal, Shirley's arrival did not clear the pool. I took this picture early in the morning. :D
View attachment 216754

The balcony on the far left is ours, overlooking the Oasis pool.

View attachment 216753

Sure you did. ;):D

Swim, showers and a stop in the lounge for Happy Hour was a great way to spend our afternoon. We also got an unexpected treat when we stumbled upon the torch lighting ceremony.

View attachment 216758

View attachment 216759

View attachment 216760

Twirling fire in between torches
View attachment 216761

View attachment 216762

Cool! We never had the luck to catch that.

blreinsel

I used to think I like you .... but BTMRR and ice cream in the same post - your killing me!
I've lost count of how many times you've ridden and eaten ice cream since I was last in the world.......I won't even match it in November . I really need someone who lives in America (better still Florida) to adopt me. :) I'd make a great sister, daughter, mum, nan - I'll take anything to spend more time there.

I'll adopt you as a grammy for Tink! :joyfull: We have a very comfy pull-out couch if that'll suit you. :p

blreinsel

Thanks Brittany - really hope to meet you when I'm over in the fall. - hope all is going well now your in Florida - I see from insta you are getting out to the parks - hope your living the dream :)

We can definitely make that happen! An ice cream date, perhaps? :) We're finally settling in and loving Florida life! Living the dream is an understatement. :joyfull:

PrincessL

Woody opened the show.

View attachment 215498

He was soon joined by Jessie.....
View attachment 215499

.....and Buzz.
View attachment 215500

View attachment 215497

Confession ~ The Up segment turned me into a HOT MESS. A sweaty, bawling Wanda. That song gets me every time!
View attachment 215502

View attachment 215501

The one time watched The Incredibles I fell asleep. Therefore this segment didn't do much for me. (Apologies to @PrincessL and all other Incredibles fans.)
View attachment 215503

I'm more of a Monsters gal.
View attachment 215504

View attachment 215505

The finale was super cute.
View attachment 215506

Finally catching up!! I'm glad you got a FP for the show. Looks like you had better seats and I can't believe you ran into friends! Agreed that you should def give the Incredibles another shot!

Other notes- love Woody's MPB shirt what a great gift.

Your pics of the Poly are making me miss it so much! Is club level worth it in your opinion?

I also loved HEA.

Your and Em's Minnie shirts are super cute!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Finally catching up!! I'm glad you got a FP for the show. Looks like you had better seats and I can't believe you ran into friends! Agreed that you should def give the Incredibles another shot!

Other notes- love Woody's MPB shirt what a great gift.

Your pics of the Poly are making me miss it so much! Is club level worth it in your opinion?

I also loved HEA.

Your and Em's Minnie shirts are super cute!
Thanks for your kind comments!

My favorite thing about club level is the location of Hawaii ~ super convenient to both pools and the beach for watching the fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant. It is also nice not to have to walk to Cooks for breakfast and do I even need to mention Ku U Leis? It certainly becomes a better value when you have a larger family for breakfast, snacks and dessert. The club staff is friendly and helpful though I don't need to utilize the planning services. I consider it a splurge and will only stay club with a decent discount.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Time to get this trip report back on track!
Thursday, June 24 (con't)

Quick recap ~ Woody, Em and I went to the MK; returned to the Poly to swim; enjoyed Happy Hour in the lounge; and then stumbled upon the torch lighting ceremony on our way to dinner.

Where did we dine?

IMG_8690.JPG

Astute readers may have noticed we have not eaten our usual BOG lunch. This was intentional. Since we'd enjoyed dinner here last summer (the exception of the server taking away my still-full wineglass notwithstanding) we decided to forego lunch this trip and do dinner again.

Upon check in I requested a table in our favorite Rose Gallery. We were led to a lovely quiet table in the back of the room.

IMG_8691.JPG

IMG_4507.JPG

Our server, while personable, was SLOW AS MOLASSES. He disappeared after taking our beverage order and we sat there awkwardly for some time. He returned to drop the bread on the table but not our drinks. Since we had gone to Happy Hour, none of us felt like wine so we had ordered soft drinks. A soft drink dispenser is IN the Rose Gallery. I could have walked over, gotten our drinks and went back for refills in the time we waited for him. Finally he brought our Cokes....which tasted like Root Beer.

Em and I are not Root Beer fans.

Of course our server was long gone.

A runner brought out our entrees. At least we could eat!
IMG_4508.JPG

Em and I both had the steak with fries and green beans jardiniere. The meal was very good.

Woody had the braised beef. He prefers the braised pork from the lunch menu.
IMG_4509.JPG

Our server returned and I mentioned that the Coke tasted like Root Beer. (Em would have just suffered in silence with a drink she didn't want ;).) He brought new glasses. Still tasted like Root Beer. ("I guess they didn't flush the lines too well"....ya think?!) I suggested the novel idea of getting the Coke out of a different machine.

Shocker ~ it worked. The Coke tasted like Coke.

Our fave Master's cupcake is not offered at dinner. The dinner "Grey Stuff" used to be atop a hard brownie. (Brownies are never supposed to be hard!) I saw a picture of the new dinner "Grey Stuff" on cheesecake. Em and I decided to share it.

IMG_4510.JPG

This was surprisingly good. Not Master's cupcake good, but better than we expected.

Woody passed on dessert until this showed up.
IMG_4511.JPG

I'd forgotten that our anniversary was noted in our ADR, resulting in this "complimentary" Grey Stuff.

It should come as no surprise that slow server was slow bringing the check too. :rolleyes:

Em and I were ready to have our picture taken with the Beast. The line wasn't too long, but it also wasn't moving. We stood in the same spot for almost ten minutes when we heard a CM say, "The wait to meet the Beast is 40 minutes."

SAY WHAT?????!!!!!

Seems the "quick picture" has turned into a full-fledged meet and greet. :banghead:

We left the line. Enjoy this picture of a random stranger with the Beast.
IMG_8692.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We walked through the masses to find a spot to watch Happily Ever After. It would be our first in-park viewing and Em wanted to take pictures. We ended up near the Crystal Palace.

IMG_4513.JPG

The searchlights give me goosebumps!!

IMG_4514.JPG

IMG_4515.JPG

IMG_4516.JPG

IMG_4517.JPG

I'm a fireworks gal, so the projections don't add much for me. But I was glad to see it once.
Em, still mourning the loss of Wishes, said: "It's growing on me."

(Those who followed my recent live report know how much HEA grows on Em!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom