1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Report Makin' Memories....One More Time! *COMPLETED*

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by Tuvalu, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Original Poster Premium Member

It was a chocolate marshmallow create-your-own sundae.

Spot on!!!

The Guinness floats are new. And yeah, the chocolate sink has been around for a couple years. It would take a lot of convincing to pull the other two away from the No Way Jose. Could I do a chocolate kitchen sink all by myself? No way, Jose!

They were! :hungry:

You can't go wrong with anything at B&C!!

2. Tuvalu

I can only picture navy shorts in my mind but the uniform could have very well been all white.

littleroo likes this.
  3. Tuvalu

Your professional opinion aligns with my suspicions. Like you, we saw many more "service" dogs this trip than we ever have.

Some of the sweets from Starring Rolls can be found in the Trolley Car Cafe (Starbucks shop).
    Uber at Disney is two thumbs way up!!!!

4. becca_

becca_ Well-Known Member

I guess it's "official" official now.. good thing you took all those pictures, Em!

5. LadyBelle

LadyBelle Well-Known Member

Would you consider taking the Minnie Van?

6. Songbird76

Songbird76 Well-Known Member

Is there a special license for service dogs though? My understanding is that a service dog is any dog that performs tasks you can't do yourself, but there's no test or accreditation.

littleroo and Tuvalu like this.
  7. MinnieM123

MinnieM123 Well-Known Member

I'm positive it was all white. I've stayed a the Swan for approx. the past 6 (yearly) trips and took the boats every day. (I actually used to wonder how they kept their uniforms so clean--white isn't exactly the easiest thing to keep clean!) ;)

littleroo and Tuvalu like this.
  8. Tuvalu

If the price is right ;).

No proof is required that the dog has been trained to be a professional service dog. And the main increase for the number of dogs in the parks is the "emotional support dog" which perform no service at all other than "comfort" the owner.

9. Tuvalu

Wednesday, June 21

Who's ready for a chill-out day?

I think Kona is.
    IMG_9066.JPG

This morning I went to the lounge promptly at opening time, hoping to beat the vultures who descend upon the continental breakfast bar and leave slim pickings for us later-arrivers. I managed to get muffins, cinnamon buns, yogurt and fruit salad (with other types of fruit beside melon) for the three of us. Coffee for Woody and Em (I was still enjoying the POG juice from the Polynesian Twilight Feast.)

Woody and I ate breakfast on the balcony as we eased into the day. No rope drop for the Tuvalu family this morning! Our plans revolved around this ~
    IMG_8632.JPG

At first I was bummed about the cloud cover on our pool day but it ended up being perfect. The mix of clouds and partial sunshine kept us from becoming miserably hot and we were able to enjoy lounging on our chairs and in the pool.

We practically had the place to ourselves for the first hour.
    IMG_8626.JPG

IMG_8627.JPG

IMG_8628.JPG
    The new kids splash zone (above) is a wonderful addition to the pool area.

But "sentimental me" misses when the pool looked like this ~
    IMG_4203.JPG
    (Middle son Drumr is getting married in a couple months!)

That's Em at the top of the slide.
    IMG_4202.JPG

IMG_4201.JPG

We got take-out from Capt. Cooks for lunch ~ hot beef and cheddar sandwich for Woody, grilled chicken sandwich with pineapple salsa for Em and me. Both were excellent.

Sun goddess vs. Mr. Sensitive Skin
    IMG_8633.JPG

10. Tuvalu

Over four hours later we returned to our room and Sulley Pig was waiting for us. (Pig accompanies Em on all her vacations.)

What was in the envelope?
    IMG_8634.JPG

DRUMROLL PLEASE..........

IMG_8635.JPG

Now you may be thinking, "WTH?" but trust me, I was sooooo happy to see this spoon. It's one that I brought from home that the mousekeeper had erroneously taken from our room two days earlier. Club staffers Randall and Yolanda went over and above to track it down. I share this story not only to give them props, but to show that the "Disney difference" still exists. :happy:

We all took showers and one of us < ahem, Em > took a brief nap before we headed out for the evening.

11. becca_

becca_ Well-Known Member

You should start a trend... spoon selfie!

littleroo, coachwnh, Tuvalu and 3 others like this.
  12. Songbird76

Songbird76 Well-Known Member

The pool area looks AMAZING!! I have to stay at the Poly someday!!!

littleroo, amjt660 and Tuvalu like this.
  13. MinnieM123

MinnieM123 Well-Known Member

Tuvalu, the pool looks nice and all, but do you think it's really large enough for the size of that resort? I recall many years ago when I stayed at the Poly, that I thought the pool was small, even back then. Couldn't even find a spot to place my beach bag; all chairs were taken, pool was mobbed, etc.

Went over to the quiet pool instead, but really wanted to try the Volcano Pool with the slide, etc. (I know they have since remodeled the quiet pool as well.) Have you tried out the newly revamped quiet pool yet?

littleroo, Tuvalu, bee and 1 other person like this.
  14. fractal

fractal Premium Member

C'mon Shirley, I've never seen the Poly pool that empty. Can't fool me.

PrincessL, littleroo, Ciara and 6 others like this.
  15. Doc Disney

Doc Disney Well-Known Member

This was such a huge bummer for me when we noticed it in our second room. I like the ceiling fan :banghead:

Haha! Sorry about that...
    If anyone recalls I too hit my head in Disney (at Art of Animation) but I unfortunately ended up with a concussion and it had nothing to do with light fixtures :oops::rolleyes:

16. Tuvalu

Spoon selfie > purple wall, don't you think? :D

The new quiet pool (Oasis) is larger than the former quiet pool and offers a nice alternative to the busy volcano (Lava) pool. We enjoy both pools for different reasons.

You don't know the pull Shirley has at the Poly. :joyfull:

You and me both!!!

17. Minnie1986

Minnie1986 Well-Known Member

I'd never put two and two together about Space Mountain. It is my favorite ride and I'll be in MK for my bday this year. Fingers crossed that I have the same luck you did.

18. Longers

Longers Well-Known Member

I'm keeping track of the ice creams and Sundaes - doing a great job! :). And I eat that bagged dryer lint - but only in Disney!

19. Tuvalu

Wednesday, con't

Woody, Em and I left our tropical paradise and headed to African village. Now in what other place in the world can you make that statement besides Disney? :p

IMG_8636.JPG

Past experience had led us here ~
    IMG_8638.JPG

We were excited to embark on our culinary journey!
    IMG_8637.JPG

IMG_4430.JPG

"Code Shirley" assured we would have privacy during our meal.
    IMG_4429.JPG

20. Tuvalu

We started off with the bread service ~ after all, it would be sacrilegious not to!

IMG_4433.JPG
    @blgauger and @Doc Disney and anyone else who doesn't like (or is uncertain about) the bread flavors ~ you can request whatever flavor(s) you want. The five breads served are traditional naan, garlic-ginger naan, spiced naan, onion kucha and paneer paratha. We don't care for the paneer paratha and substituted a second traditional naan. Ask your server to describe each type before ordering if you are a less adventurous eater.

Both Woody and Em selected an African white wine.
    IMG_4434.JPG

IMG_8640.JPG

Woody ordered African-Inspired Biryani with Chicken.....otherwise known as chicken and rice.
    IMG_4435.JPG

IMG_8639.JPG

Em and I decided to share the Potjie Inspired since the bread service always fills us up. It was disappointing that we could no longer order two meats with the Potjie but must choose one meat and one vegetable. Our server told us we could order an additional meat for $11. Since Em and I love butter chicken (and are just neutral on the veggie options) that is what we did.
    IMG_4436.JPG

It poured outside as we ate. We caught a glimpse of a zebra and a giraffe through the window but all the other birds and animals must have taken cover.

Our server was friendly and paced our meal just right. Food was delicious though we skipped dessert.

We lingered inside until the worst of the rain had stopped. We had a date to keep......with Pandora.