Make a CM feel good!

raven

Original Poster
Since there seems to be a lot of negative threads right now on the boards, I decided we all need a little break. We all come here because we love Disney in some way. Let's show it!

CM's are great people who get paid very little to do everything possible for you to make the most of your experience. And they often go unrewarded for the little things they do.

Think of some ways you can really give back the joy and appreciation to a CM. Here are a few of mine:

-Smile and make eye contact when talking to a CM. It will make them feel that they are important to you.

-If they are not busy with something, ask them questions about the park or history. They LOVE to share information.

-Pose for a picture with them. This makes them feel like they are a star! Especially the CM's that don't have much to do with Guest Relations (Custodial, Security, Food Service, etc.)

-Ask them what their favorite Disney Character, move, attraction or memory is and why.

-Thank every CM that gives you information or helps you and be sincere about it.

How will you make a difference? :wave:

Woody13

Before I make a trip to WDW, I always buy a set of "What Would Walt Do" pins at this link: http://whatwouldwaltdo.com/

Then, if my friends or I encounter a CM that really shows us the "magic", then we give the CM a pin and we follow up with a message to the board. Also, we normally use up our supply of pins on each visit because the CM's are that good! :wave:

aim

What a great thread! I usually do what you listed Raven. Because I know how stressful it can get with rude guests. And Woody13, a friend of my sister's got one of those pins. And I know it really made him feel so great to be working at WDW! :sohappy:

raven

Original Poster
Originally posted by Woody13
Before I make a trip to WDW, I always buy a set of "What Would Walt Do" pins at this link: http://whatwouldwaltdo.com/

Then, if my friends or I encounter a CM that really shows us the "magic", then we give the CM a pin and we follow up with a message to the board. Also, we normally use up our supply of pins on each visit because the CM's are that good! :wave:

What a great idea. I had little cards I used to give but the pin thing is so cool. I will have to get some. Thanks! :wave:

chrisjoi

WDW Cast Membes are overall great. Just visit a park owned by a different company and it becomes clear the Disney CM's love their job and are happy to be there. We also visit a small park in Georgia(Wild Adventures) and the comparison of cast members cannot not even be made. The CM's at Wild Adventures overall are not happy and only a few of them even make eye contact with the visitors.

Hurray for Disney Cast Members... they are the best!

LoriMistress

When my dh and I were eating at The Crystal Palace we had this great waitress who put Mickey Confeddi all over our table. Well, when the check came, we spelled out "Thank You" to her. I'm sure in a stupid way, that made her feel good.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by Woody13

I'm all for giving a pin of some type to a CM if they are deserving, but (sorry to those who may be offended on this 'positive' thread) I am not a fan of any group that RIPS OFF the W.W.J.D.

This simple bracelet acts as a reminder to those whose Faith is tested. To put Walt on the same level as Christ, even in this simple way, is utter ignorance.

I mean you wouldn't put Mickey on the Cross would you?

A better pin would be a WDW Blue ribbon or something like that.

wild01ride

Originally posted by JBSLJames
I'm all for giving a pin of some type to a CM if they are deserving, but (sorry to those who may be offended on this 'positive' thread) I am not a fan of any group that RIPS OFF the W.W.J.D.

This simple bracelet acts as a reminder to those whose Faith is tested. To put Walt on the same level as Christ, even in this simple way, is utter ignorance.

I mean you wouldn't put Mickey on the Cross would you?

A better pin would be a WDW Blue ribbon or something like that.

Christ is my Savior and I will not argue about the fact that there is nothing and no one that can be compared to Him in any way.
I understand your personal attachment to the W.W.J.D. fad, but honestly, that is a commercial use of Faith. You and I both know that what we have in our hearts is what really matters and a bracelet merely shows our faith and dedication to the walk to others.
I don't think that the "...Walt..." bracelets are by any means a comparison, rather, they do represent the commitment that someone has to keeping alive "One Man's Dream". I think that anyone willing to put effort into keeping the Magic alive and sharing it with others should be able to wear something showing their commitment to a guest service that can be experienced no where else.
Truly, no matter what someone is wearing on his/her wrist, it is that person's true dedication that really matters.

In Him...

P.S., the cookies are great!
:animwink:

JBSLJames

Good point. I have just seen a lot of rip-offs to the W.W.J.D. and others like Austin 3:16. Bugs me sometimes. I know that the bracelet has been a nice 'visual' to those around me, but it is the WALK that people really notice.

The mints are pretty good to. Berean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom