Major Storm Damage at USO

luv

Yup, the Disney bathrooms used to be clean! I was never disgusted by the bathrooms...back in the day. And there was always someone in there, keeping it neat and spiffy.

They used to really know how to run theme parks.

lazyboy97o

Believe it or not, back in the day there was a CM assigned to each bathroom. That CM was there sweeping up, wiping every drop of water off the counter after each person washed their hands, toilet paper was always stocked, and you were always greeted coming & going with a smile. My mother used to say you could eat in the Disney bathrooms they were so clean.
It only happened once, but when I was last at Disneyland, in one of the bathrooms there was a Cast Member who was going in and giving the toilet a quick wipe down before the next person entered the stall. He had a smile on his face and a friendly tone as he worked his way around. A small thing that really made an impression.

COProgressFan

Believe it or not, back in the day there was a CM assigned to each bathroom. That CM was there sweeping up, wiping every drop of water off the counter after each person washed their hands, toilet paper was always stocked, and you were always greeted coming & going with a smile. My mother used to say you could eat in the Disney bathrooms they were so clean.

And, sadly, this is what we get these days. A custodial CM who happens to look in on the restrooms every now & then. It's nooooothing like it was when there was a CM assigned to each restroom full time.

As far as the context of the conversation, a restroom regardless of the cleanliness, beats the alternative when shelter from severe wind & lightning is needed at a moment's notice. Definitely need to put things in perspective. One can take a shower and wash their clothes. Not such an easy fix if you're dead or maimed, right?

Last visit, it was very obvious restrooms weren't being attended to regularly by custodial crews. I had 2 or 3 incidents where restrooms had no paper towels (and these restrooms didn't have the hand dryers either). Of course, you only realize this after you've washed your hands and they are dripping wet.

durangojim

My family and I were in the MK that day. Actually we were literally walking past the Emporium at 2:15 on our way out when our iPhone's went off alerting us to a tornado warning. We hurried and out of the gates as we needed to get back to the WL for our 3:30 magical express pick up. The boats were not running so we went to the bus stop. There were at least 50 people in line for the bus to the WL. They put 2 people in scooters on the bus and then started loading the other guests. At 2:23 we watched a big storm cloud roll in and then were pelted with rain as they hurried to fit as many people on the bus. Unfortunately my wife and 2 kids were about 4 people back when the stopped loading and we and everyone else were pelted with wind and water. It was pretty intense and my 5 and 7 year olds were pretty scarred. The bus drove off and we waited for another 15 minutes while until another bus came. The winds were probably the most concerning thing about the whole experience.

luv

"I'm the toilet wiper", nice job. LOL> My friends would have a field day with something like that for probably as long as I lived. LOL.
LOL. But it beats, "I can't pay my share of the rent", "I transport illegal drugs" and "I wish I had a job."

Sometimes you have to do what you must. They provide a service (which helps people) and if they're friendly, they make someone's day a little more pleasant...so that's not a bad job, really.

And if you do it well, you can always move up. :)

PUSH

Snow days are great until you exceed 3 or 4, then you have to make them up in June. We typically got 2ish snow days a year. One year we didn't get any and then another year we used them all and another one! Although we can't just account for the kids in the city because there's a lot of rural kids, so the back roads are a huge problem.

EDIT- I forgot to quote someone, so this seems out of place. :p

Tom Morrow

Yup, the Disney bathrooms used to be clean! I was never disgusted by the bathrooms...back in the day. And there was always someone in there, keeping it neat and spiffy.

Ehh, I dunno about this. I'm definitely someone who calls out Disney/TDO where warranted, but the bathrooms are still usually nearly spotless and I see a custodial CM tending to them more often than I don't.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Ehh, I dunno about this. I'm definitely someone who calls out Disney/TDO where warranted, but the bathrooms are still usually nearly spotless and I see a custodial CM tending to them more often than I don't.
I would have agreed with this completely - right up until our most recent trip in November, 2012.
I was uncomfortably surprised at the state of the washrooms then. There were strips of toilet paper all over the floors in the stalls, the counters were pooled with water, many toilets were "full" (ugh), and paper towel overflowed the garbage cans. All of this was noticeable more often than not. Even my favourite washrooms at the Poly were less than pristine.

luv

That would not be my experience. At all. They got just terrible for a while and then got a little better, but they are nowhere near where they were fifteen years ago. They used to be KUH-LEEN. Now, they're public restrooms.

They're even making the new ones to hide dirt.

Disvillain63

The one between Adventureland and Frontierland used to be fairly empty and always clean. When we were there in November, I actually had to find a castmember...not a costumed castmember...one in khakis and white shirt and tie...told him that the ladies' room need servicing...filthy, no paper...I've never seen a November this busy, so maybe they weren't ready for it?

luv

The one between Adventureland and Frontierland used to be fairly empty and always clean. When we were there in November, I actually had to find a castmember...not a costumed castmember...one in khakis and white shirt and tie...told him that the ladies' room need servicing...filthy, no paper...I've never seen a November this busy, so maybe they weren't ready for it?
I frequently hear the excuse that there are too many people, so Disney can't keep the bathrooms clean. But they used to keep them clean, so I know it can be done. And, IMO, if they weren't ready, they should have been. Toilet paper is an absolute necessity!! Good grief.

They really need to do a better job...at least in the Ladies' room...maybe the Men's is cleaner. I don't know.

I just like a clean bathroom.

Tom Morrow

That would not be my experience. At all. They got just terrible for a while and then got a little better, but they are nowhere near where they were fifteen years ago. They used to be KUH-LEEN. Now, they're public restrooms.

They're even making the new ones to hide dirt.
I've seen some "full" toilets here and there on really really busy days, but overall though I still feel they're pretty clean. :shrug:
I frequently hear the excuse that there are too many people, so Disney can't keep the bathrooms clean. But they used to keep them clean, so I know it can be done.
People used to be more respectful, too, though.

IAmFloridaBorn

If in fact the National Weather Service issued a Tornado Warning for areas including any theme parks and there was no organized response, that should be unacceptable.
We don't really deal with anything than more than a F0 or F1 tornado here in Florida for the most part. We get extremely severe thunderstorms at any given time in the summer, but dealing with tornado first hand isn't a forte around here.

Not to mention I'm not a huge fan of last second tornado warning when a storm is moving 40 mph. Kinda hard to get "organized" no?

IAmFloridaBorn

We are supposed to have a chance of tornados and severe storms this thursday/friday. they took your word lazyboy lol. It's tuesday and they are trying to get people prepared.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom