Major firework issue with Holiday Wishes last night (Nov 16)

PhotoDave219

You are rude and pompous. And it's every thread you enter. I wasn't talking to you. He wasn't specific/I thought I had missed something in the pages. Not that I have to explain myself to you.

Yes I am.

Of course it's people like you that cause people like me not to share things that would actually answer your question. Like I've said countless times, I'm not going to risk my friendships and their jobs just to satisfy someone on the Internet.

JustInTime

Yes I am.

Of course it's people like you that cause people like me not to share things that would actually answer your question. Like I've said countless times, I'm not going to risk my friendships and their jobs just to satisfy someone on the Internet.

What are you even talking about?! I could not care less about what answers you give or what insider info you have. I really don't care. I am talking about how you speak to people. You aren't very nice when you reply to anyone. Ever. You could never post one of your little secrets again and i'd never notice. However, if you worded what you said to be kinder, I would. You don't have to act like you have this chip on our shoulder and post here like you are some big man. That you are somehow above anyone. Because you aren't. Other users that do have insider info are some of the kindest members we have. You should take a few pointers. I wasn't questioning you at all.

PhotoDave219

What are you even talking about?! I could not care less about what answers you give or what insider info you have. I really don't care. I am talking about how you speak to people. You aren't very nice when you reply to anyone. Ever. You could never post one of your little secrets again and i'd never notice. However, if you worded what you said to be kinder, I would. You don't have to act like you have this chip on our shoulder and post here like you are some big man. That you are somehow above anyone. Because you aren't. Other users that do have insider info are some of the kindest members we have. You should take a few pointers. I wasn't questioning you at all.

No. I'm not the nicest person around here.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Back when Summer Nightastic was running I had the unfortunate honor of seeing the show stop dead cold, as someone seemingly "called 911 because the castle was on fire".

....Meanwhile, this is the show with extensive fire effects.

Luckily, the show started right back up about 20 mins later, like nothing ever happened. Very strange.
that was a crazy night. I was unloading a ferry at the TTC and all of a sudden we cast off and I'm like wait a minute...it's been way too long without Pyro. That takes the cake for stupid guest stories!

Sage of Time

that was a crazy night. I was unloading a ferry at the TTC and all of a sudden we cast off and I'm like wait a minute...it's been way too long without Pyro. That takes the cake for stupid guest stories!
So, wait- that BS story about calling 911 is an actual thing? Disney has to abort the firework show because of this? Is that protocol? Good lord.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
So, wait- that BS story about calling 911 is an actual thing? Disney has to abort the firework show because of this? Is that protocol? Good lord.
My room mate worked for RCFD at confirmed it to me. If someone calls in something like that, they have to take it serious, so yeah, the whole show shut down and it's true on the reason as far as I know.

Sage of Time

My room mate worked for RCFD at confirmed it to me. If someone calls in something like that, they have to take it serious, so yeah, the whole show shut down and it's true on the reason as far as I know.

Wow. How does that even work?! guest calls 911, 911 calls Disney? Disney pulls the plug? It must have to happen VERY quickly. The show had only been running for about 6-7 mins that night, as you know.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Wow. How does that even work?! guest calls 911, 911 calls Disney? Disney pulls the plug? It must have to happen VERY quickly. The show had only been running for about 6-7 mins that night, as you know.
911 calls on property go directly to reedy creek I believe. If they don't, then the minute you say WDW, 911 transfers to reed creek dispatch. Beyond that I'm not sure what the communication is, but I would imagine there are stand by firefighters with radios so they would know to shut down the show. Since everyone on Disney property uses these nextel radios, you can almost instantly get anybody you want if you have their number programmed into the radio. It's really quite neat. Oh how I miss my 10-13 weather broadcasts from control

Sage of Time

VERY fascinating. I can only imagine the process it us to pull the plug on such a big show. A nice big, red, glowing STOP button? The castle and pyro go dark like they did on that night in 2010? LOLOL.

Victor Kelly

Computer controlled show, means they have a terminate button, probably more than one in different locations, sort of like panic buttons. External variables can cause the show to stop. Don't know how much clearer this can be. Maybe we should draw pictures for the slow ones next time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Individual launchers can be paused and reinstated as and when required in real time. There are physical switches for each one.

When they reinstate they automatically pick up where the show is up to as opposed to just carrying on where they left off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom