Major firework issue with Holiday Wishes last night (Nov 16)

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Anyone know what happened during last night's MVMCP? The entire main section of fireworks that are shot from north of the castle were missing for the final 2 minutes.

The low level pyro on the castle fired, along with the perimeters.

I've never seen a problem that large with a WDW firework show.

JohnD

Anyone know what happened during last night's MVMCP? The entire main section of fireworks that are shot from north of the castle were missing for the final 2 minutes.

The low level pyro on the castle fired, along with the perimeters.

I've never seen a problem that large with a WDW firework show.

How do we know it was a problem? For all we know, they didn't want another fire on 7DMT. Were the winds gusting?

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
How do we know it was a problem? For all we know, they didn't want another fire on 7DMT. Were the winds gusting?
Tink flew - so that would tell me winds were not an issue. All the other pyro fired, and the main launch site was running for the first 10 mins, but no the final 2.

TP2000

Tink flew - so that would tell me winds were not an issue. All the other pyro fired, and the main launch site was running for the first 10 mins, but no the final 2.

Upper level wind speed and direction can change quickly, and may have changed during the show. It sounds like TDO might have instructed their pyro crew to be more careful with the shows after the recent fire.

Tom

Beta Return
Then hakunamata is probably right. A show that runs 365 days a year is bound to have a glitch from time to time.

This is a special show for the Christmas Parties, so it's even more likely that it was a programming or computer error, since they switch back and forth between Wishes and this show every other night.

jcldtrek

I'd say prob cause of the winds. It was windy. Today is really windy. The east coast is getting it's hint of winter air.

COProgressFan

Exactly - there's two fire stations back there. If they need to get through, they get through.

Like what??

The road directly behind MK is closed during fireworks launch. (They launch, literally, a couple dozen feet from the roadway).

There is also a firehouse east of this area. It sounds like that there was an emergency call which necessitated getting through this area ... and therefore the launches from the main site were halted while the trucks went by.

No inside info, just going off of previous posters.

Sage of Time

Back when Summer Nightastic was running I had the unfortunate honor of seeing the show stop dead cold, as someone seemingly "called 911 because the castle was on fire".

....Meanwhile, this is the show with extensive fire effects.

Luckily, the show started right back up about 20 mins later, like nothing ever happened. Very strange.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I can't go into specifics. Something that needed a controlled curtailing of the main site launchers. Not a fault, not weather.
The mystery and intrigue builds... the more they ask and do not get the answer they want will drive them nuts. lol. Dont ever tell. Seriously though, people should stop asking. Its quite apparent that he can not give the answer for whatever his reasons are. Respect that @marni1971 was polite enough to tell us what is wasnt, just leave it that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom