Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

seafoodbuffet

Pardon my ignorance and inability to scroll backward to find the date, when is our window of time for reopening? mid to late September?

Pardon MY inability to scroll through 70+ pages of thread, but has it been announced what the refurb should bring in terms of changes? We were really disappointed that it wasn't open during our most recent summer visit (that indoor part of the queue is totally worth it when the heat index is 110).

Goofyernmost

Pardon MY inability to scroll through 70+ pages of thread, but has it been announced what the refurb should bring in terms of changes? We were really disappointed that it wasn't open during our most recent summer visit (that indoor part of the queue is totally worth it when the heat index is 110).
We should know sometime around September 26th.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Changes ? Not a lot if at all.

But hopefully everything should look and sound like 1973 again.

(Sparrows not leaving though)

Miss Heinous

but saying 1971.. doesn't this means also losing the Johnny Depp stuff?
Im actually imagining that they would change the skins of other animatronics to reassemble the movie characters?
Pirates did not open with the Magic Kingdom (wasn't planned to open in Florida period), it opened in 1973 due to popular demand. Do not try to correct Martin please he is one of the most credible sources out there (and one of the few whom I have complete respect for).

Cesar R M

Pirates did not open with the Magic Kingdom (wasn't planned to open in Florida period), it opened in 1973 due to popular demand. Do not try to correct Martin please he is one of the most credible sources out there (and one of the few whom I have complete respect for).
I dont think you even understood what I tried to say.
Try to reread.
My point is about removing the "newer" stuff. So the attraction would have the opening date " as is".
Unless You mean they are doing the opposite.. aka making all work, but also with changes (aka adding more Movie stuff).

Last edited by a moderator:

Goofyernmost

I dont think you even understood what I tried to say.
Try to reread.
My point is about removing the "newer" stuff. So the attraction would have the opening date " as is".
Unless You mean they are doing the opposite.. aka making all work, but also with changes (aka adding more Movie stuff).
You missed the following post by Martin. He wasn't talking about the specific contents, he was talking about the fact that back then everything worked.
My bad. 1973 as in everything works again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom