Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Unplugged

OTPN has a new photo update.

Based on the photos just posted, it looks like the flow of water will be carried under the existing bridge through large pipes which is great news!

I don't mean this in a rude way, just asking on the opinion...but how is the water going through pipes great news? I'm curious as to what they're going to do with that original bridge as well. to simply fill under it with sand seem rather dopey (no 7D pun intended) unless there is a plan to remove all this fill at some point, which we know would never happen ones it part of the hard scape.

Next Big Thing

I don't mean this in a rude way, just asking on the opinion...but how is the water going through pipes great news? I'm curious as to what they're going to do with that original bridge as well. to simply fill under it with sand seem rather dopey (no 7D pun intended) unless there is a plan to remove all this fill at some point, which we know would never happen ones it part of the hard scape.
Flowing water is better than water that just sits there. It'd be much more apt to turn weird colors and grow weird things in the water if the water doesn't have a flow to it.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.

I'm with @Next Big Thing in that at least there will be flowing water, even if it is limited. In reality the flow is rather slow as it is and with the distance between sides it would be much more expensive to build a bridge to cross the entire span that wide.

smw

Can't tell from photos I've seen- are the castle and partners statue completely inaccessible with this construction? Or is there maybe a path that continues straight down Main Street to them?

Unplugged

Flowing water is better than water that just sits there. It'd be much more apt to turn weird colors and grow weird things in the water if the water doesn't have a flow to it.

I'm with @Next Big Thing in that at least there will be flowing water, even if it is limited. In reality the flow is rather slow as it is and with the distance between sides it would be much more expensive to build a bridge to cross the entire span that wide.

I actually hadn't expressed a view, just asking why it mattered. Personally, I think recirculating the water would be better then a long pipe as the pipe does not ensure circulation at all. My thought was simply that Disney has a LOT of one way water flows using recirculation that imitates "under the bridge" flows. The water fall at BATB is a prime example in that it only goes so far before being recirculated. The flows at Wilderness Lodge is another example in that it appears to start in the Lodge and flow through the pool to the lake but is actually numerous segmented flows that end under the various foot bridges. I personally think that to ensure there is no stagnation, the water should not be connected via pipe, but recirculated either with the intake or output under the bridge as in the examples.

Bocabear

It is a dead end pond whether it goes under the bridge or not... it will all have to be recirculated and filtered to a degree as it is now... Maybe they will eventually add fountains like they did at Disneyland Paris... of course the Disneyland Paris Castle Show was designed for The Magic Kingdom, but TDO passed on it... brilliant as always...

Rob562

I just saw the latest pictures, posted today. It's amazing that the photographer always seems to capture these images during the time the workers are on break. ;)

Concrete needs time to set before it can have earth piled up against it. If they poured at night (which they would have to since all cement truck access is through Guest areas), they'd have to let it cure during the day.

Now that summer hours with their midnight (or later) closings are over, we'll probably see the construction pace pick up.

-Rob

WDWLover#1

Courtesy of OrlandoThemeParkNews.com new walkways are now starting to be laid.
zhBZmrb.jpg

ZEo2aJZ.jpg

kg2iUFU.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom