Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I just saw this nice hub update this morning. Flashback moment to the original days pre-grand opening to the Magic Kingdom.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/08/magic-kingdom-park-hub-construction.html

This photo from the link wasn't pleasant to wake up to.

C1vrGEA.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
What a pleasant way to experience the Magic Kingdom. All that is needed is a Troll under the bridge demanding payment.

Ha! Clever analogy, I never thought of that. Kudos.

It goes back to Three Billy Goat Gruff, the Norwegian Fairy Tale, Norway is big on troll lore. I don't know if the Norway Pavilion still sells the fairy tale books, mine are long past it but they did when they were small.

GrammieBee

There is nothing pleasant about the construction walls blocking your views, either. All the posts about is it a bridge or isn't it a bridge somehow made me think of the troll under the bridge demanding payment in order for you to cross. After all, it is a fairy tale land. I believe the rather unpleasant troll was going to eat you if you didn't pay. Sort of goes along with the current mess in the hub area.

Last edited:

mm121

i do wish they were maintaining this as a true tunnel rather than a fake tunnel, so they'd have the option to do something with it in the future

with the new tech would be cool to see some kinda of automated remake of the swan boats or something

RayTheFirefly

Guys, there are not going to be any shops back there. It's going to be a simple auxiliary exit to alleviate traffic. It's not an expansion of Main Street, it's something that should have been done a long time ago.
But in what way are they going theme the back of the shops? I'm really confused as to how this is going to work/look.

roj2323

Oh, but maybe they'll take the time to paint the rear of the buildings in wonderful new colors like Innoventions has? ;)

I vote for neon purple................

I'm sure they will do something with the back sides of the building(s?) but realistically if it's just paint they can do that in a few days so it will probably be one of the last things they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom