Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

RonnieHare

This project is everything wrong about Disney and the current regime under Bob Iger.

I'm quietly confident in saying a small team of competent builders could have built all this in a few months at a max. But 2 years ..... what on earth ... that needs an investigation. Let me guess it's the biggest redevelopment in this history of the Magic Kingdom and cost 200 million dollars ( c ) Dinsey spin department

Jon81uk

This project is everything wrong about Disney and the current regime under Bob Iger.

I'm quietly confident in saying a small team of competent builders could have built all this in a few months at a max. But 2 years ..... what on earth ... that needs an investigation. Let me guess it's the biggest redevelopment in this history of the Magic Kingdom and cost 200 million dollars ( c ) Dinsey spin department
They had six to eight hours at night to get materials in and out. They were building in the worlds busiest theme park! Also the hub was finished back in October, the Castle ramps are a seperate project.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Still riding that one-trick pony, Jordan Nite?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Do you EVER, EVER have any thing nice to say?

Why do even bother coming here?

Don't you have something that ever makes you happy to spend your time doing?

note2001

Were you waiting for the 400th page anniversary of this thread to post this?
Do us a favor - go back to page one and read, thoughtfully every word posted until this point, then post your opinion on how this embodies everything wrong in the Disney corporation.

Last edited:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member

I think I have heard this many times. I am engineer that oversees construction project everyday. Working on this project in the very middle of the most crowded theme park in the world; I think it got done about as fast as possible.

NormC

Same old song from the Singer.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, April 10. Probably finished some time ago....the exterior ramp walls down to the moat were finished and the scaffolding has been removed. All that remains is adding a "spiked" top to the new railings to keep people from climbing on the railing, and the castle stage refurbishment (see another post on that subject).

IMG_7666.JPG

IMG_7665.JPG

Donaldfan1934

Photo update as of Sunday, April 10. Probably finished some time ago....the exterior ramp walls down to the moat were finished and the scaffolding has been removed. All that remains is adding a "spiked" top to the new railings to keep people from climbing on the railing, and the castle stage refurbishment (see another post on that subject).

View attachment 137724

View attachment 137725
Thanks for the pics. I was hoping I'd see good pictures of the bridge soon. It looks absolutely beautiful and its pretty great to see people walking through the castle during the day as well.

Cesar R M

If they were intending to change the color scheme for the castle wouldn't they have done that when they were taking down the lights and touching up the paint in Jan/Feb?
could be a temporal theme.
Remember when they were fixing the turret's blue color? they were a few weeks with silver filling before adding the blue.

glvsav37

meh...they should just throw a big inflatable bag over the whole castle with whatever temporary color scheme they intend on using for that time. It'll go over great, everyone will love it!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom