Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Goofyernmost

Another cultural thing. Most nations of the world do not buy sunscreen by the drum. They use umbrellas and parasols to protect themselves from the suns rays, it's even a fashion accessory in some areas. This is Disney WORLD Resort and must be shared with people that do things differently then us rednecks.
Good point, although it seems that the rules don't apply at DAK.
Yea, I've heard that a number of times yet there is no place hotter, other then the surface of the sun, then DAK is and it is like a forest. I guess they don't call those place jungles for nothing. Jungle and cold air do not seem to fit together. Everyone has to remember that trees do not create breezes, they react to them and in many cases block them. There is always a downside to nature.

note2001

There is a very easy fix to the shade issue: Go at night.
(Not saying I too wouldn't like the trees back the way they were once upon a time, but that's not happening until we get a CEO who's head over heels in love with trees more than money, and guess how likely that is to happen)

Regarding the umbrella with the eye poke hazard... looks like a cheap Disney brand she's holding there.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

There is a very easy fix to the shade issue: Go at night.
(Not saying I too wouldn't like the trees back the way they were once upon a time, but that's not happening until we get a CEO who's head over heels in love with trees more than money, and guess how likely that is to happen)
Heat reducing benefits provided by trees would continue into the night due to latency, temperature lag and a typically low diurnal variation.

Entertainment does not produce direct revenue and is often under rather strict budgets. So the money argument really does not make sense.

Brian

Yowser!! Trees trees trees. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You want trees, go to a national park

Accept the fact that the trees of the old Hub are not coming back. What's here now is gardens, fountains, shrubs, and smaller trees. When will it be time to give this argument a rest?!?!?

I like you.

MerlinTheGoat

Yowser!! Trees trees trees. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You want trees, go to a national park

Accept the fact that the trees of the old Hub are not coming back. What's here now is gardens, fountains, shrubs, and smaller trees. When will it be time to give this argument a rest?!?!?
I'd be happy to give it a rest. Do you happen to know any good trees I can rest under? :p

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
North west corner today. Not long now.

image.jpg

WDWLover#1

Coming home today. Went earlier this morning and it looks real good. Should be finished soon.

Side note- all the cast members were amazing. Like truly. Don't know if we got lucky. And weirdly we only found one uni castmember that was good - rest were real average.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom