Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Cesar R M

Soooo much time spent on creating an aesthetically pleasing area to view shows - that the hub trees were originally removed to see, and now there are giant unsightly lamp posts to ruin the same view that the trees ruined. Whether they do or do not block the same amount of visual space is irrelevant, they still ruin the view.
id take the trees over a carp pole.

Cesar R M

It seems pretty terrible that it is now basically impossible to get an unobstructed view of the Castle (i.e. without some sort of pole or lamp in the way). What a ridiculous oversight considering the Castle is one of the most photographed things in WDW, so having a ruined view of it kind of matters!

I suspect most of the ones on the sides will kind of blend in as we all get used to it and the trees are planted/fill in for spring/summer, but the ones in the dead center are absurd.
its actually a genius move by disney. Nobody will be able to take a perfect shot of the castle but Disney crew.
thus, forcing people to buy the official stuff.

DisneyCane

I'm curious how legal would allow the instillation of sports turf. Lots of liability between the slipperyness when wet and the heat it retains from the sun.

Sound be some interesting lawsuits....

Because it isn't slippery when wet and it doesn't get any hotter than asphalt that people walk on in the sun all over the world. If it was slippery when wet, it wouldn't make very good sports turf!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Because it isn't slippery when wet and it doesn't get any hotter than asphalt that people walk on in the sun all over the world. If it was slippery when wet, it wouldn't make very good sports turf!

Well we can tell you have never walked on this stuff for any reason, It's slicker than a greased pig when wet, and it gets hot just like any other plastic left in the sun.

Next Big Thing

When the west side opened, the sign said Plaza Garden East Plaza at the top of the sign. It has since been fixed (but I can't figure out how to get it rotated...but here is the photo anyway)
2zexll1.jpg
Because the East sign isn't done yet is why the West sign was on the East side.

If you were in the parks tonight, you may have noticed there was no signage at the FP+ entrance.

Next Big Thing

Do we think that walls will be up around the Rose Garden and the other side of the hub soon?
Walls can't go up 100% around the rose garden area until the castle turrets are finished, seeing as one of the temporary tech booths is on the land.

However, that's an easy work around, so they could start on the majority of it any day now if they wanted.

Well we can tell you have never walked on this stuff for any reason, It's slicker than a greased pig when wet, and it gets hot just like any other plastic left in the sun.
Over here we have a lot of artificial grass because of the weather. It really isn't slippy at all and the best artificial grass looks very realistic. Of course I cannot comment on heat as us Scot's deem 60 degrees Celsius shorts and t-shirt weather! . Looking forward to seeing the new hub in June/July.

Kman101

How about we actually walk on the 'grass' first and then determine if it's too hot or slippery when wet. I like how judgements are made before even stepping foot on it. Yeah, I'm sure many have had experience with it, but to me, it sounds like varied experiences, and it sounds like looking for something to be wrong with the project.

Goofyernmost

How about we actually walk on the 'grass' first and then determine if it's too hot or slippery when wet. I like how judgements are made before even stepping foot on it. Yeah, I'm sure many have had experience with it, but to me, it sounds like varied experiences, and it sounds like looking for something to be wrong with the project.
Welcome to WDWmagic!

Martiyoman

Or, very possibly, we've walked on different versions of the stuff. The stuff on the field where I coach isn't any more slippery than grass. Still not like walking on rubber, but then again even asphalt can be slippery in the right (wrong?) conditions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom