Main Street Emporium columns refurbishment

WDWtraveler

Original Poster
Photo update as of Friday, Jan 13. The columns on both sides of the Main Street Emporium are being refurbished. Construction walls are on either side of the columns, with a passage between the construction walls and the window displays of the Emporium. There is also a passage at the street corner into the main Emporium entrance. Not many people realize the passages exist. It's one way to avoid the congestion on Main Street if you just want to walk towards the hub a little faster.

IMG_9021.JPG

IMG_9022.JPG

IMG_9023.JPG

Animaniac93-98

I'm not a fan of the new red roof. I think they wanted it to match the red of the shop's sign, but the combination of it and the yellow brick suggests McDonalds more than anything else. Maybe if the brick were a more muted colour? The Grand Floridian's red roof works for that reason.

The brown roof was fine for 45+ years. I guess this is another way to "improve" the park.

Goofyernmost

I'm not a fan of the new red roof. I think they wanted it to match the red of the shop's sign, but the combination of it and the yellow brick suggests McDonalds more than anything else. Maybe if the brick were a more muted colour? The Grand Floridian's red roof works for that reason.

The brown roof was fine for 45+ years. I guess this is another way to "improve" the park.
I'm afraid that I cannot see even the slightest resemblance to a McDonalds. Nothing about it says that. If it had big yellow arches I would agree, however, even McDonalds doesn't have those in any of their new or remodeled stores. Just the double arch "M" as a logo. There hasn't been a McDonalds built in the last 20 years that even had any red in it to speak of. Now if you want a reason to have OCD kick in, we have a Red Roof Hotel in our town with a very, very dull brown roof. Talk about abandoning theme. :eek::)

PREMiERdrum

Main Street has gotten brighter over the years...both here and California
The use of muted colors in the type of Stick Victorian architecture we see on Main Street, USA is largely (wrongly) assumed based on the looks of early color photos. Bright pastels, jewel tones, and high-contrast trim are hallmarks of the style. The muted colors seen in earlier iterations of MSUSA are more in line with the Second Empire and Itianiante styles.

flyerjab

Photo update as of Tuesday, April 11. The Main Street Emporium external refurbishment was completed recently and all the construction walls have been removed. It's been a long, long time, but now Main Street is scrim free....no obstructions.

View attachment 199366

Here is a closer view of the new roof color and design.

View attachment 199367

That looks fantastic!

gmajew

Premium Member
Photo update as of Tuesday, April 11. The Main Street Emporium external refurbishment was completed recently and all the construction walls have been removed. It's been a long, long time, but now Main Street is scrim free....no obstructions.

View attachment 199366

Here is a closer view of the new roof color and design.

View attachment 199367

It looks great all of main street is looking incredible. This has been a well done refurb of all of the building on this street. The only negative to me is still Starbucks in the bakery location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom