Main street electrical parade return

Amidala

@jrhwdw Do you have a link to the tweets? The rumor is that it was printed in the AP Magazine right? I'm sure there are some APs around who can confirm or deny, but that does seem like a weird place to make the announcement.

trainplane3

@jrhwdw Do you have a link to the tweets? The rumor is that it was printed in the AP Magazine right? I'm sure there are some APs around who can confirm or deny, but that does seem like a weird place to make the announcement.
I haven't received the magazine yet. I really hope this isn't true.

Amidala

I'm crossing my fingers there's at least a grain of truth to this. I hate the idea of going 3-4 years without a nighttime parade, and it's seeming more and more likely. If DL gets to keep Paint the Night, we should at least get MSEP back until a new parade drops for the anniversary.

jrhwdw

https://twitter.com/BriangreydBrian/status/890200168750092289

Some guy named Brian did the tweet,. Of course I asked him when we might hear about this officially. He hasn't gotten back to me yet, so what does that tell you?

Amidala

This person's description says they're in high school...not sure how much of an insider they would be? Although I guess they could still be an AP.

rodserling27

This rumor:
53036915.jpg

Amidala

No, just no.

Out of curiosity...why not? People who really hate the parade have no obligation to stick around and watch it, but it would help just to have one in MK. It still has plenty of fans, and the casual visitor to the parks will still watch and enjoy it.

MOXOMUMD

Out of curiosity...why not? People who really hate the parade have no obligation to stick around and watch it, but it would help just to have one in MK. It still has plenty of fans, and the casual visitor to the parks will still watch and enjoy it.
Seeing as you are new, take some time to read the MSEP threads and you'll get your answer. This discussion has gone around and around so much it's become a neverending circle.

brb1006

I will never forgive WDW for keeping MSEP longer than it's original Summer run since Spectro was going to return.

Matt_Black

No doubt it has plenty of fans (myself included). But nothing is better than a relic parade from the 1970s limping down Main Street when other Disney parks have brand new flashy and fun cavalcades.

Indeed. Since we're not ever getting Spectromagic back (sniff), let's have a new parade. "Keep moving forward" as it were.

doctornick

I'm totally with you, but I think the legit argument would be that having MSEP around puts even less pressure on TDO to build a new parade for MK. If there is no parade, then there will be more public pressure to get something built and get it done sooner than the 50th.

RSoxNo1

July 5, 2017: In a series of tweets (Tweet 1, Tweet 2, Tweet 3, Tweet 4) @JimHillMedia clarified that the Main Street Electrical Parade would return to Walt Disney World "One Final Time" before Disney opens a Paint the Night inspired Parade at the Magic Kingdom for the 50th Anniversary.

July 5, 2017: On the July premium episode of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill discusses that a version of Paint the Night could eventually be coming to the Magic Kingdom and the Main Street Electrical Parade is likely to return after it's run in Disneyland.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
July 5, 2017: In a series of tweets (Tweet 1, Tweet 2, Tweet 3, Tweet 4) @JimHillMedia clarified that the Main Street Electrical Parade would return to Walt Disney World "One Final Time" before Disney opens a Paint the Night inspired Parade at the Magic Kingdom for the 50th Anniversary.

July 5, 2017: On the July premium episode of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill discusses that a version of Paint the Night could eventually be coming to the Magic Kingdom and the Main Street Electrical Parade is likely to return after it's run in Disneyland.

So, sometime before 2021, MSEP will come back to MK for one last fling. That seems... not plausible. So after 3 years of no night time parade, MK will pay for MSEP to be shipped again to MK only to toss it out in a year? That would only be likely if DL is building their own replacement for MSEP or PtN which there has been no scuttlebutt on.

Again just think about what's being decided: Spend money for one year of a worn down parade for a year ahead of the 50th and also spend money on a new parade, OR, spend money for a new parade and get it done a year ahead of the 50th.

Not saying Jim is wrong... but that all the extra expense is uncharacteristic of WDW.

WRT a version of Paint the Night... @marni1971 has already said they have the 50th Anniversary night time parade blueprints already drawn up. So, we know a night time parade is coming. It will be interesting to see if it is Paint-the-Night-ish.

Cesar R M

Actually, what they should do is the following...

Once the run at Disneyland is done, hide it away in a protected area.
Then, once the 50th anniversary of the parade is upon us, announce that the parade will be parading across the entirety of Interstate 10.
Once the parade hits Jacksonville, send it South to the Magic Kingdom, directly towards the Seven Seas Lagoon, and sink it, never to be seen again.
Then it will be picked it up in 50 years, refurbished and reused as "new" by Bob Iger's robot body a la Futurama.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom