Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

BringMeTheHoriz

I'm glad I got to experience the 60th Celebration one last time this summer before everything hits the fan in September...

I'm glad I got to experience it at all. The conclusion of the Disneyland Forever fireworks was inevitable, however I was hoping they'd just slightly modify the show to remove references to the 60th. Fantastic show.

I was hoping the PtN parade would be coming to WDW, but it sounds like it's not. Five years is a long way to go with MSEP and Wishes.

I'm still holding out hope that something will come to rescue MSEP in the five year period between now and the 50th. MSEP needs a rest - a nice, long, hard rest where it goes unseen by anybody for awhile. I'd love to see Paint at Magic Kingdom. I keep hearing talk about Paint staying at Disneyland seasonally, but the wording "will conclude" on the confirmations of its closing at Disneyland seem pretty firm, no?

WDW1974

I do not get why this can't be a quiet August and I could take a quiet holiday from the insanity that is the DIS fan community ...

The parade is going dark. Temporarily.

It will return to DL.

It will not come to the MK (well, maybe with two new floats in 2021 and advertised as something brand new and special for the 50th!), nor DLP, nor SDL.

I do feel badly for those visiting Anaheim this fall (including myself!) because entertainment is certainly not up to standards we have long associated with DLR. I guess we all will have time to spend 70 minutes with Olaf and Pals after all.

WDW1974

Oh, one other Spirited quick point: DL (and before it your beloved MK in the swamps) NEVER had nightly electrical parades nor fireworks. So from that standpoint, this is operationally going back to the way things were in the 20th century.

The phenomena that this stuff was a nightly deal only started about 1996 with WDW's 25th pyro and DL's Farewell Season of MSEP.

Of course, in those days the parks were quite reasonably priced as well. Now, TWDC wants every last penny from Guests and Guests want as much to see and do as possible.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I do not get why this can't be a quiet August and I could take a quiet holiday from the insanity that is the DIS fan community ...

It will return to DL.

It will not come to the MK (well, maybe with two new floats in 2021 and advertised as something brand new and special for the 50th!), nor DLP, nor SDL.

I do feel badly for those visiting Anaheim this fall (including myself!) because entertainment is certainly not up to standards we have long associated with DLR. I guess we all will have time to spend 70 minutes with Olaf and Pals after all.

Any chance it will be back for February? Just asking selfishly as that is when I am heading to DL. haha

TTA94

IMO unless Disney says PTN will be seasonal, anything could happen at this point and plans can change. DL updated MSEP then after a short while sent it packing to WDW.. Then they said MSEP would only last for the Summer Nightastic promotion at WDW and they decided to change those plans and keep it for all these years.

mikenatcity1

It will return to DL.

I'm in the same boat as you on this...trying to find entertainment is hard..Paint the Night, Fireworks and Frozen all gone (at least during the week for the fireworks). I hope Indiana Jones isn't down too long for refurb (as it looks like it will be during our trip)

WildcatDen

As it stands the MK will not receive a new night parade for several years yet.
This is one area Serpico was wrong on. I was told to expect new nighttime offerings late 2017 early 2018 for MK but that was one of the first things I was told so maybe that has changed? The info on the Muppets, TSL, and Star Wars has been fairly accurate. The GOTG in Epcot, according to Serpico is a lot closer to reality than Spirit is saying, but Spirit is practically 100% on what he provides so I guess we will wait and see.

champdisney

I saw/worked Spectro too many times when I was a CM...was glad to see it scrapped
You worked there, that's an entirely different case as to what a guest experiences. Anybody would get tired of having to put up with seeing or doing the same thing everyday. Millions of people go through that in a variety of different jobs, it's the same thing. An in park guest (depending which kind) sees it every so often when on vacation. If a guest was on the same level as a cast member with having to see the same thing day in and day out, Disney would have to be bringing new parades every other month. Spectro was a gem that was showing it's age, no doubt. However, the Main Street Electrical Parade is a dinosaur, should've gone extinct years ago.

tirian

Soundsational will run during the day, and off-season days usually performs at 7pm, which could be nighttime-ish depending on time of year. Not sure if it's dark at 7pm in February or not, can't remember.
IMHO, that's a parade that looks great in photos and is incredibly underwhelming in person. Only the DL Christmas Fantasy and Halloween parades are worse. Somehow, WDW has lucked out with better special event parades, and the newest day parade isn't too shabby (thanks to TDL recycles).

tirian

You worked there, that's an entirely different case as to what a guest experiences. Anybody would get tired of having to put up with seeing or doing the same thing everyday. Millions of people go through that in a variety of different jobs, it's the same thing. An in park guest (depending which kind) sees it every so often when on vacation. If a guest was on the same level as a cast member with having to see the same thing day in and day out, Disney would have to be bringing new parades every other month. Spectro was a gem that was showing it's age, no doubt. However, the Main Street Electrical Parade is a dinosaur, should've gone extinct years ago.
Spectro should have received a thorough refurb with new tech, because the music and theme were superior to Paint the Night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom