Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

CaptainAmerica

True but there was a time when MK was open 8 am to at least 12 am every night in the summer
I guess you don’t remember when the parks were routinely open to 11 or later daily during the summer and busy seasons with multiple EMH that were 3 hours in length per week. Maybe your obnoxiousness is blocking your long term memory.
They still are. Not when Disney initially publishes the times, but they're routinely extended back to what you're describing from the "old days."

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
They still are. Not when Disney initially publishes the times, but they're routinely extended back to what you're describing from the "old days."
10 years ago is not the old days. I welcome you to visit @wdwmagic park hours page which show the steady decline in park hours. You unfortunately, do not know what it used to be like. Should I even mention the party nights and upcharge events which even further limit access to the parks?

GiveMeTheMusic

No parade is better than the MSEP. I’m sorry but I’d rather never have another parade at magic kingdom if it means we have to have MSEP visit again. That some of you want that back is unbelievable tbh

MSEP is truly, deeply embarrassing at this point. Its much-hyped 2017 Disneyland "return" was met with indifference by DL guests, and rightly so. It's done.

Sky

I feel like they recently expanded the Liberty Square path from the Hub (in the last seven or eight years)...that one isn’t being upgraded as well, correct?

spectromagic04

10 years ago you could be in the MK till 3AM multiple times a week. What’s your point?
That will probably never happen again as management doesn’t think it’s necessary to stay open that late. 11pm seems to be the new normal close for MK during the summer. Although I worked many 2am emh shifts last summer so it does stay open late but not often.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
That will probably never happen again as management doesn’t think it’s necessary to stay open that late. 11pm seems to be the new normal close for MK during the summer. Although I worked many 2am emh shifts last summer so it does stay open late but not often.

Hotel occupancy is doing very well so the original purpose of the EMH is no longer applicable. So they were cut with minimal complaints.

Parks attendence is doing very well so there is no reason to extend operating hours. So operating hours were scaled back with little impact and complaints.

Also I think Historical operating hours put the average at 10 pm closes. Figure in the additional party nights in August and there are less and less hours.

huwar18

No parade is better than the MSEP. I’m sorry but I’d rather never have another parade at magic kingdom if it means we have to have MSEP visit again. That some of you want that back is unbelievable tbh

I agree the parade has become junky the last so many years. However, it was still a night time parade. I think people would take an old broken down night time parade than no night time parade. I feel like guest are owed a good night time parade every night. Especially, for the cost of park tickets....but Disney doesn't care.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I agree the parade has become junky the last so many years. However, it was still a night time parade. I think people would take an old broken down night time parade than no night time parade. I feel like guest are owed a good night time parade every night. Especially, for the cost of park tickets....but Disney doesn't care.
I'm not sure that's fair. If they didn't care they wouldn't be working on a new parade. It's a bit complicated by the fact that, by my understanding (it could be wrong) the iteration of MSEP that was last in WDW actually was on loan from Disneyland resort, and they asked for it back. WDW hasn't had its own parade since SpectroMagic fell apart.

GlacierGlacier

My wife and I were just discussing park hours today and we wondered why in the world Epcot closes at 9. You’d think Disney would love 2 more hours of food and booze money.
Because then they also have to pay two additional hours of labor. At some point the marginal revenue product of labor starts decreasing, which Disney has decided starts at 9 on these dates.

Also, employees aren't too fond of staying much later than they already have to. Earlier closing means happier employees.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Granted I'm not down there, but I don't believe the talk that MK can't handle a night parade now! Did Wishes' viewership really explode with HEA?

MK had Parade/fireworks every summer night from 1975-2016, They know how to handle it.

MK in general is more busy these days. But it's a good thing they designed HEA to spread the crowds out around the park and not have to jam into the hub and Main Street to see... Oh wait...

Disney Analyst

Because then they also have to pay two additional hours of labor. At some point the marginal revenue product of labor starts decreasing, which Disney has decided starts at 9 on these dates.

Also, employees aren't too fond of staying much later than they already have to. Earlier closing means happier employees.

I'm sure hours will increase once GOTG opens and the new night show, and an actual ride in France.

peter11435

Granted I'm not down there, but I don't believe the talk that MK can't handle a night parade now! Did Wishes' viewership really explode with HEA?

MK had Parade/fireworks every summer night from 1975-2016, They know how to handle it.

Each new MK fireworks show has become more “hub centric,” so demand in the hub has increased. They created their own problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom