Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I've now read from at least two different sources that PTN is going to DCA. One site also mentioned that the PTN floats were seen in the past 5 days in the parade storage building at DL.

Also read that *if* PTN someday ends up at WDW it will be a copy, a la DL getting a copy from HKDL, and not TDA shipping the floats to the swamps.

TTA94

I've now read from at least two different sources that PTN is going to DCA. One site also mentioned that the PTN floats were seen in the past 5 days in the parade storage building at DL.

Also read that *if* PTN someday ends up at WDW it will be a copy, a la HKDL, and not TDA shipping the floats to the swamps.

I'd rather have a copy of Dreamlights than a 3rd set of PTN floats.

brb1006

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Spectromagic didn't "need" a technology update. It NEEDED to be STORED PROPERLY. It's trip to the dumpster was a direct result of TDO "cost management", not because it needed a "technology update" and the Orlando Destruction Team didn't want to pay for it, no matter what some Twitter account said.

Seriously - Stop being willfully ignorant of history, and reality, in some desperate attempt to be seen as having "inside knowledge". Those here who have actual "inside knowledge" and are respected because of their stellar track record around such things have said PTN is not coming to WDW. And they don't use Twitter accounts and tram drivers as their sources.
I remember the only upgrades for Spectromagic during it's final years was finally giving the Spectromen glowing and moving costumes and making them brighter to make there faces more visible. As a result they were actually more expressive and smiling compared to the first few years where they mostly showed no emotion on there faces.

TTA94

I agree. Having the same parade in both US parks seems somewhat silly, although it fits with Disney's penchant for cloning (the "Why build one when you can build two at twice the price?" philosophy) between parks.

Well hopefully WDWs version would have some improvements, a few different floats perhaps. Also wouldn't mind a soundtrack change... lol.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Question out of left field.... But if cost were an issue and with nostalgia being all the rage, why not just rebuild spectro? I mean it's gotta be cheaper than the alternatives?

Of course the answer is that there is no intention to replace MSEP. You have HEA now which is the greatest thing ever until it gets tired in a couple of years and that no one even remembers that the MK used to run a nighttime parade anymore.

Hooray for American nat like attention span.

TTA94

They could be, but I think it's doubtful.

Well, my apologies for speculating here but on another thread of current WDW rumors it was stated that there is a slim chance of a borrowed parade for WDW, of course meaning DLs PTN, But the possibility of the 50th parade being rushed into production for late 2017 or 2018... At first I thought no way would a brand new parade design be built that quick, but a copy of PTN probably wouldn't take that long to construct.

VJ

@HauntedPirate So could all these rumors of WDW getting PTN actually be true? Only with a twist that it's Not DLs PTN and rather WDWs own copy?
The rumors have been that Disneyland will ship their PTN to WDW, so either way the rumors will be wrong. Unless I'm mistaken which happens often (and I'm open to corrections).

wdw71fan

Spectromagic didn't "need" a technology update. It NEEDED to be STORED PROPERLY. It's trip to the dumpster was a direct result of TDO "cost management", not because it needed a "technology update" and the Orlando Destruction Team didn't want to pay for it, no matter what some Twitter account said.

Seriously - Stop being willfully ignorant of history, and reality, in some desperate attempt to be seen as having "inside knowledge". Those here who have actual "inside knowledge" and are respected because of their stellar track record around such things have said PTN is not coming to WDW. And they don't use Twitter accounts and tram drivers as their sources.

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxactly! I saw the termite riddled floats being destroyed one by one and tossed into dumpsters with my own two eyes. The floats were stored in HORRIBLE conditions and thats the ONLY reason Spectro never returned. After MSEP's initial run back at WDWMK Spectro was supposed to come back, parade managers confirmed to me it was coming back, and then they evaled the floats and realized that someone screwed up BADLY... Very little of the parade remains intact at this point, only a few float fixtures and in specific the Chernabog Torso and head .. Which was used in a d23 or something event about a year after the float was demoed.

Trust me.. I know... Even Martin knows that I know... Either that or I'm a magnificently accurate liar... Your choice ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxactly! I saw the termite riddled floats being destroyed one by one and tossed into dumpsters with my own two eyes. The floats were stored in HORRIBLE conditions and thats the ONLY reason Spectro never returned. After MSEP's initial run back at WDWMK Spectro was supposed to come back, parade managers confirmed to me it was coming back, and then they evaled the floats and realized that someone screwed up BADLY... Very little of the parade remains intact at this point, only a few float fixtures and in specific the Chernabog Torso and head .. Which was used in a d23 or something event about a year after the float was demoed.

Trust me.. I know... Even Martin knows that I know... Either that or I'm a magnificently accurate liar... Your choice ;)

Storing wood and metal outside, nearly unprotected, in Florida - What could go wrong??? :hilarious:

Speedy71

"Orlando Destruction Team" I like that. That's their new name now.

TTA94

Coreless by ****newstoday then other sources confirmed that they are still talking about the decision.

Honestly we need to believe the insiders here that DLs PTN isn't leaving. "IF" WDW is indeed in discussions about anything it's for their own PTN or new design.

Last edited:

TTA94

I'm not sure if the MSEP floats could undergo another major upgrade but if they could Disneyland or WDW should upgrade them to look like this:

That drum is pretty sweet! I sure wouldn't mind MSEP returning to WDW if it looked like that! Lol.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom