Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

TTA94

I would imagine if DL did loan PTN to WDW there would be some very strict guidelines. They may even require WDW to build or rebuild a storage and or maintenance facility.

InsideDisney

I would imagine if DL did loan PTN to WDW there would be some very strict guidelines. They may even require WDW to build or rebuild a storage and or maintenance facility.
They take FOF very well, They make sure it goes into the storage they clean it very often. If they were to rebuild it they would have to add ac because right now they only have 3 fans atleast from when they let us see the storage when the Msep came in 2010. But I agree that they should rebuild the storage and build a maintenance building.

Last edited:

brb1006

In this scenario, MSEP would at best become a seasonal offering for DL. Ideally, it will be lit on fire like it should have been a long time ago.

Pixar Play would continue at DCA until its replacement is ready. I don't know if there has been any thought of moving it to WDW. Back in the Anne Hamburger days the plan was to start moving parades all the time, with Parade of Dreams heading to MK and PPP heading to DHS or WDS. Anne Hamburger is gone, and the only parade that got to see her plan come to fruition was Block Party Bash, which WDW destroyed (like it does everything. Maybe that's why no one wants to loan them parades?).

WDW management seems perfectly happy to leave DHS without a day parade. I don't see why that would change any time soon.
Which is a shame since DHS used to have fun parades such as the Toy Story,Aladdin and Hercules Parade.

brb1006

So, let's put things into an easy-to-follow format:

1. WDW has a well-known tendency/habit of destroying parade floats, or at least returning them in a condition that is close to destroyed
  2. WDW has no float maintenance facilities, and essentially runs parade floats into the ground
  3. WDW parade floats, loaned or otherwise, wind up in extremely poor shape, if they survive at all (MSEP, BPP... See: #2. See also: Spectromagic)
  4. TDA has spent a bunch of $$$ to refurb PTN
  5. TDA will now loan PTN to WDW, while knowing all-too-well about items #1 and #2
Who in blue blazes thinks that #5 will happen in this or any universe, with any intellectual honesty??? Oh, wait...
Yet the dang castle float is still kept in good shape!

brb1006

Thank you, that's an excellent summary of this topic.

What I've always found interesting is that little, tiny Disneyland Resort has dedicated parade maintenance facilities, a track record of taking very good care of their stuff, and three large parade storage warehouses at its two parks. And in a very dry, mild climate that is easy on machinery and equipment.

And yet massive WDW Resort with its four parks and the blessing of size has no dedicated parade maintenance facility, a track record of not taking care of their stuff, and stores parade floats in temporary tents for years. In a very wet, humid climate that is abusive to machinery and equipment. It's baffling. :confused:
TDO should have built a parade maintenance facility from the beginning. I will never forgive them for what they did to Spectromagic.

TTA94

Where was MSEP stored?

Not 100% sure but I think where Spectro used to be. :cry: Just had a flashback of the keys to the kingdom tour on Spectros last day. The Spectro floats were inside the warehouse and Tinks MSEP float was outside not fully assembled yet with a tarp over it, if I remember correctly.

TTA94

I'm remembering the Spectro threads before MSEP was announced to come to WDW. Everyone wanted to know when Spectro was leaving, it's old, falling apart and way overdue to retire.... Well, look what happened.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Spectromagic didn't "need" a technology update. It NEEDED to be STORED PROPERLY. It's trip to the dumpster was a direct result of TDO "cost management", not because it needed a "technology update" and the Orlando Destruction Team didn't want to pay for it, no matter what some Twitter account said.

Seriously - Stop being willfully ignorant of history, and reality, in some desperate attempt to be seen as having "inside knowledge". Those here who have actual "inside knowledge" and are respected because of their stellar track record around such things have said PTN is not coming to WDW. And they don't use Twitter accounts and tram drivers as their sources.

InsideDisney

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Spectromagic didn't "need" a technology update. It NEEDED to be STORED PROPERLY. It's trip to the dumpster was a direct result of TDO "cost management", not because it needed a "technology update" and the Orlando Destruction Team didn't want to pay for it, no matter what some Twitter account said.

Seriously - Stop being willfully ignorant of history, and reality, in some desperate attempt to be seen as having "inside knowledge". Those here who have actual "inside knowledge" and are respected because of their stellar track record around such things have said PTN is not coming to WDW. And they don't use Twitter accounts and tram drivers as their sources.
Sorry I'll still stick to Dcharacternews as my secondary insider..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom