1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Main Street Electrical Parade and Paint the Night Closing, WDW inevitable?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by JustInTime, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Rteetz

Rteetz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't count that as a credible source by any means.

2. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

They can. Like our ToT--> GotG.

However:

1) HEA has its pyro budget set with the understanding that there will be no nighttime parade
    2) HEA is popular
    3) HEA's schedule is fixed, so any nighttime parade would have to be AFTER HEA until at least Dec. 1. Why premiere a new light parade late?
    4) While it is true they can and do change their minds, they seldom do so on a whim. It is unlikely that they would dramatically change course merely one week after premiering a new fireworks show

3. InsideDisney

InsideDisney Member

They can easily change the time, For example for the ant & dec thing on that day a month ago fof was scheduled for 3pm but then when they figured out they are doing the ant & dec show there they easily changed it to 5pm. They have even changed schedules even before 60 days it isn't that big of a challenge for them to change the time.

4. Rteetz

Rteetz Well-Known Member

I don't think moving back a parade two hours is the same.

5. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

They don't change fireworks times after dessert parties release.

MisterPenguin and mnelson3 like this.
  6. InsideDisney

InsideDisney Member

Disneyland did it for world of color's desert party when I went I got the woc desert party, The show was gonna start at 10 pm then 20 days before I came they changed the time to 10:45pm for the whole week, if disneyland can do it i'm pretty sure wdw could do it. They gave you a notice that your desert party has been changed to 10:45 on da website.

7. Rteetz

Rteetz Well-Known Member

Disneyland and WDW don't operate the same.

brb1006 likes this.
  8. peter11435

peter11435 Well-Known Member

It's not just Dessert parties. There's also fireworks cruises and dining reservations at nearby restaurants to consider.

mnelson3 likes this.
  9. DisneyKid93

DisneyKid93 Member

A new night parade at WDW would not begin until after holidays are finished, so I wouldn't expect anything until January 2018. They won't introduce a new parade during a time it would run on select nights due to so many hard ticket events.

Also, the pyro budget for HEA has nothing to do with whether or not there's a parade.

However, if there is a night parade at WDW in January or early 2018, I'd say it's a safe bet you can kiss OUAT goodbye as it will no longer be needed.

10. GiveMeTheMusic

GiveMeTheMusic Well-Known Member

This thread has triple toe looped over the shark.

11. InsideDisney

InsideDisney Member

Hearing some info about Paint the night will be spilled on D23 7/15/17 If it is moving, It can go to Shanghai, WDW or Disneyland paris. Look up "Paint the night" on twitter it's almost everywhere if your a true disney fan. @marni1971 Any news about this? Seems like DL packed up Paint the night for shipping somewhere...

12. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

Or wait a few years

13. SweetDuffy101

SweetDuffy101 Active Member

But Disneyland Just got a shiny new parade, it seems unlikely that they want to ship a new parade, and it has only just been played for only a year and a half.

14. Coaster Lover

Coaster Lover Well-Known Member

Hasn't OUAT already been cut from the schedule starting in a few weeks? I'm pretty sure it's not on the summer schedule at all. There is that period at the end of Aug where HEA is currently dark for two weeks... any chance (if this is coming) that they start it at that time?

15. mnelson3

mnelson3 Well-Known Member

The ONLY reason WDW maay want a parade soon is to run it after HEA to keep guest in the park rather than the majority bailing right after HEA. Maybe they want to eliminate OUAT... and regardless they should along with MiSi!

16. InsideDisney

InsideDisney Member

Maybe, I believe they got some kind of entertainment program/management and there first show was HEA maybe they want to remove Ouat to make place for a parade?

17. vj81995

vj81995 Well-Known Member

I want this rumor to die already.

18. DisneyKid93

DisneyKid93 Member

If a night parade comes back it will most assuredly run just like MSEP and Spectro. One before HEA, one after. It worked fine. No reason they'd change it. Having crowds follow behind parades up to the castle for fireworks is built-in crowd control, and it's something that Disneyland suffered from not being able to do with PTN into Disneyland Forever because of how their parades have to be staged.

But like I said, you likely won't see a night parade until January if it happens. So HEA's current showtimes being whatever they are is irrelevant.

19. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

Yeah, but with the pace Disney works, what your friend might be seeing is work being done for the 50th that will debut in 2021.

20. InsideDisney

InsideDisney Member

If this "New" rumor that just poped up yesterday about paint the night ready for shiping is true then most likely DLP won't get it due to the crowd problems and the sunset being to late like other nighttime parades that ran in DLP had. Most likely it will ship to shanghai since Iger loves his new shiny park so much but other than that the only option is WDW or it's not being shiped at all.

Cesar R M likes this.