Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

TP2000

@GiveMeTheMusic if you are serious about them moving PTN to DCA, how would this work with the trolly wires?

The trolley wires are just for show and can easily be removed.

Are the PTN floats taller than the Pixar Play Parade? The daily Pixar Play Parade already has some rather tall floats that fit under the trolley wires. Here's the big Bug's Life float with the swinging acrobats underneath the trolley wires in front of the Hyperion Theater.
img_3972.jpg

The Finding Nemo float with Crush is big and it fits, the Incredibles float with the flame thrower shooting into the air still has plenty of clearance, etc.

Pixar Play Parade floats fitting under trolley wires on Hollywood Blvd. - Every day at 5:30pm
caliadventureparade2014_01.jpg

I doubt they would remove the trolley wires, Wouldn't they have to remove the poles for the trolley wires or something idk... Also I believe some turns in that parade route are kinda sharp.

It has one 90 degree turn but it's through a wide intersection at Hollywood Blvd. and Sunset Blvd, and the floats can make a very wide sweeping curve around that corner. The rest of the DCA parade route, the longest in Disney theme park history, is broad sweeping curves with wide viewing areas and raised viewing terraces throughout. DCA's route has a huge audience capacity.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yet somehow they managed to perform nighttime parades with huge crowds for years past. How is it suddenly that the debut of HEA means MK can no longer handle huge crowds, a new fireworks show, AND a parade all in the same night?!

Well, HEA is six minutes longer and that throws off the whole night time schedule!

Ag11gani

Are the PTN floats taller than the Pixar Play Parade? The daily Pixar Play Parade already has some rather tall floats that fit under the trolley wires. Here's the big Bug's Life float with the swinging acrobats underneath the trolley wires in front of the Hyperion Theater.
img_3972.jpg

The Finding Nemo float with Crush is big and it fits, the Incredibles float with the flame thrower shooting into the air still has plenty of clearance, etc.

Pixar Play Parade floats fitting under trolley wires on Hollywood Blvd. - Every day at 5:30pm
caliadventureparade2014_01.jpg

It has one 90 degree turn but it's through a wide intersection at Hollywood Blvd. and Sunset Blvd, and the floats can make a very wide sweeping curve around that corner. The rest of the DCA parade route, the longest in Disney theme park history, is broad sweeping curves with wide viewing areas and raised viewing terraces throughout. DCA's route has a huge audience capacity.

If this did happen, the Frozen float would definitely have to go and maybe the Mack float too.

And Shanghai has the longest parade route not DCA.

iMax

So the PTN move isn't 2,500 miles to the east of Disneyland, it's just 200 yards to the south of Disneyland to California Adventure, which is a park that just happens to have the longest and largest parade route of any Disney theme park anywhere.

In that case, if the rumors of the floats being boxed up are true, why would they need boxes to transport the floats 200 yards when they could just drive them to DCA.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
In that case, if the rumors of the floats being boxed up are true, why would they need boxes to transport the floats 200 yards when they could just drive them to DCA.

To keep them sheltered and protected until it debuts at DCA would be my guess.

No wait, I mean... Because PTN is being secretly shipped to WDW!!!!!!1!!! I read about it in the Tweeterverse, and was confirmed by both a bus driver AND a tram driver, so it's obviously solid information.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
To keep them sheltered and protected until it debuts at DCA would be my guess.

No wait, I mean... Because PTN is being secretly shipped to WDW!!!!!!1!!! I read about it in the Tweeterverse, and was confirmed by both a bus driver AND a tram driver, so it's obviously solid information.

My gondola pilot also confirmed it when I transferred from the AK Monorail line to the MK gondola line so I'd say we are good to go.

thomas998

So it will sit in storage like the Ark of the Covenant?

FWIW, I have heard we aren't getting PtN, but that was before DL announced it is closing. MSEP desperately needs replacement and this would be an easy way to bring excitement to MK for cheap. Maybe they'll change their minds. Their minds have changed on a lot over the last 12 months.

DL's nighttime entertainment will be quite weak in 5 weeks.
I was under the impression that the biggest reason PtN was getting axed was the cost of maintaining it was very high... If that is the case it wouldn't be a cheap option for WDW... given the much higher humidity in Florida I would expect that PtN would have even more technical issues in keeping it running at MK than it has had in DL where the weather is much nicer on electronics.

TTA94

Well the world of twitter has PTN debuting late this summer at MK lol. Every single post is about PTN coming to WDW :rolleyes:. All I know is some people will be very disappointed once a official announcement gets made, whether that be PTN at DL or DCA which will crush the WDW fans hearts lol Or if WDW gets PTN the DL fans will be very p***ed off Lol.

InsideDisney

Well the world of twitter has PTN debuting late this summer at MK lol. Every single post is about PTN coming to WDW :rolleyes:. All I know is some people will be very disappointed once a official announcement gets made, whether that be PTN at DL or DCA which will crush the WDW fans hearts lol Or if WDW gets PTN the DL fans will be very p***ed off Lol.
Love seeing when DL locals get ed off, There reactions are priceless :happy:

TP2000

Parade float motors are not designed to climb steep hills. There is no road between the two parks that a parade float could physically fit through, in addition to the steep hill down into the tunnel that is part of the DCA "backstage" access road.

To get the floats from the north side of Disneyland to the south side of DCA, you would need to box them up and move them via flatbed trucks. The surface streets from Ball Road down Disneyland Drive have numerous hills, overpasses and underpasses that a parade float is not capable of climbing.

They have never moved a parade float between Disneyland and DCA before without transporting it on flatbed trucks, after some disassembly.

jrhwdw

Is there a What's Next presentation this week? That could clear up a lot of this.

Cesar R M

Yeah, Paint The Night is truly awesome. Really fresh and vibrant and upbeat and toe-tapping fun, even for an old codger like me.

The hot rumor coming from a very-solid and very-reliable poster with an inside track, @GiveMeTheMusic is that the Paint The Night floats are all still securely stored in Anaheim and that Team Disney Anaheim is now seriously considering moving Paint The Night to...

Disney California Adventure. So the PTN move isn't 2,500 miles to the east of Disneyland, it's just 200 yards to the south of Disneyland to California Adventure, which is a park that just happens to have the longest and largest parade route of any Disney theme park anywhere. Plenty of room to soak up the nightly Paint The Night crowds before they all move over to watch World of Color.

Because when Fantasmic!! 2.0 debuts this summer at Disneyland, crowds for that new Disneyland park show will be EPIC, and moving PTN over to California Adventure will help spread the crowds. A very smart move for TDA.

The thread over in the Disneyland forum where this hot-off-the-rumor-mill news is being discussed is here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/where-can-we-do-this-again-ptn-taking-a-trip.927334/
This is by far the most reasonable excuse.

Now, has anyone got a friend who has a cousin whose twice removed cousin of their grandmother side who knows a juicy rumor about PTN moving to Magic Kingdom?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom