Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jrhwdw

Yeah, Paint The Night is truly awesome. Really fresh and vibrant and upbeat and toe-tapping fun, even for an old codger like me.

The hot rumor coming from a very-solid and very-reliable poster with an inside track, @GiveMeTheMusic is that the Paint The Night floats are all still securely stored in Anaheim and that Team Disney Anaheim is now seriously considering moving Paint The Night to...

Disney California Adventure. So the PTN move isn't 2,500 miles to the east of Disneyland, it's just 200 yards to the south of Disneyland to California Adventure, which is a park that just happens to have the longest and largest parade route of any Disney theme park anywhere. Plenty of room to soak up the nightly Paint The Night crowds before they all move over to watch World of Color.

Because when Fantasmic!! 2.0 debuts this summer at Disneyland, crowds for that new Disneyland park show will be EPIC, and moving PTN over to California Adventure will help spread the crowds. A very smart move for TDA.

The thread over in the Disneyland forum where this hot-off-the-rumor-mill news is being discussed is here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/where-can-we-do-this-again-ptn-taking-a-trip.927334/
If this is indeed taking place, why are different people getting different info????????

TP2000

If this is indeed taking place, why are different people getting different info????????

Not sure who the other people are, but I've been posting here for almost 15 years and know @GiveMeTheMusic as a solid trustworthy source, and someone who is actually in Anaheim and who has proven long-term to have good info on this subject.

I assume the other folks are 2,500 miles away in Orlando and still can't believe TDO cancelled all night parades back in 2016?

ToTBellHop

I assume they just think 2 pm will be more convenient to guests? It would have no impact on nighttime offerings.

It does suggest they've been contemplating a scheduling shift on 8/20 for awhile. HEA and FoF were not listed from 8/20 through Labor Day for a few months. An interesting coincidence if nothing else.

In my experience, for late summer anyway, 2 pm is less likely to be affected by thunderstorms than 3 pm, too.

culturenthrills

I would not be surprised if revenue isn't down the last couple of hours the park is open now compared to when MSEP was running. There is a mass exodus as soon as the fireworks are over now. Way more so than when there was still another parade after the fireworks. The park really clears out now. Which is great for me but don't tell they aren't making less money now that so many people are leaving and not staying. But I would be shocked if we got Paint The Night. I am just irked it won't be running when I go to DL at the end of August instead the tired MSEP will. Ugh.

VJ

This just in! My secret source has confirmed to me that Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development has built a cloning device that will allow Disney to clone the Paint the Night Parade for the Magic Kingdom! They're currently taking chainsaws to the float edges to get them to fit on the parade route.

The downside is, the cloned objects shrink in size over time as a side effect of the cloning process that Wayne Szalinski pioneered... so you might be getting "Honey, I Shrunk the Electrical Parade!" in due time.

TTA94

Yeah, Paint The Night is truly awesome. Really fresh and vibrant and upbeat and toe-tapping fun, even for an old codger like me.

The hot rumor coming from a very-solid and very-reliable poster with an inside track, @GiveMeTheMusic is that the Paint The Night floats are all still securely stored in Anaheim and that Team Disney Anaheim is now seriously considering moving Paint The Night to...

Disney California Adventure. So the PTN move isn't 2,500 miles to the east of Disneyland, it's just 200 yards to the south of Disneyland to California Adventure, which is a park that just happens to have the longest and largest parade route of any Disney theme park anywhere. Plenty of room to soak up the nightly Paint The Night crowds before they all move over to watch World of Color.

Because when Fantasmic!! 2.0 debuts this summer at Disneyland, crowds for that new Disneyland park show will be EPIC, and moving PTN over to California Adventure will help spread the crowds. A very smart move for TDA.

The thread over in the Disneyland forum where this hot-off-the-rumor-mill news is being discussed is here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/where-can-we-do-this-again-ptn-taking-a-trip.927334/

And this will be happening when?

Clamman73

When you look at the calendar for the same week starting Sunday August 21st in 2016, Wishes was at 10:00pm with electrical at 9:00 and it basically continues like that during the week.
This year the closing time is cut back to 9:00pm with HEA at 9:00pm on Sunday August 20th. I theorize since sunset is 7:59pm in Orlando on August 20th, they're gonna schedule PTN for 8:00pm. Theory.

InsideDisney

When you look at the calendar for the same week starting Sunday August 21st in 2016, Wishes was at 10:00pm with electrical at 9:00 and it basically continues like that during the week.
This year the closing time is cut back to 9:00pm with HEA at 9:00pm on Sunday August 20th. I theorize since sunset is 7:59pm in Orlando on August 20th, they're gonna schedule PTN for 8:00pm. Theory.
Or maybe after Happily ever after? If not then 8:20 the latest since it is not 100% dark at 8pm

Last edited:

InsideDisney

I can now confirm that effective June 1, 2017, Paint the Night will move to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Diagon Alley™.
o_O Paint the night Vs. Dragon; Who will win?
63cc0a41b1fc400f96c5b26827522d54.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom