Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

VJ

Disneyland doesn't decide, The disney company does. You think they wanted to give the Msep to WDW?
The parade belongs to Disneyland Resort. @marni1971 has gone on record and stated as such (in the context of the MSEP but I believe the point is still valid). WDW can't just take the parade from them on a whim.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If the Disney brass could see the excitement in the faces and eyes of my grandchildren during the night parade they would have never cancelled it. It had all the Disney characters and was a nice history of Disney depicted in a parade. Hated to see it go. Hope it is back before our next trip in 2018

Disney doesn't care about the happiness of your grandchildren. Disney only cares about how much $$$$ they can extract from your wallet. Welcome to today's Disney, that will be $129.99 (plus tax).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If the Disney brass could see the excitement in the faces and eyes of my grandchildren during the night parade they would have never cancelled it. It had all the Disney characters and was a nice history of Disney depicted in a parade. Hated to see it go. Hope it is back before our next trip in 2018

There was a company called Walt Disney productions who cared about things like this. They even built WDW and EPCOT.

Then some corporate nasties came in and renamed the company The Walt Disney Comoany and decided that the only purpose of WDW was to enrich shareholders. Two companies both named Disney but only one cared about guest experience.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Disneyland doesn't decide, The disney company does. You think they wanted to give the Msep to WDW?

Absolutely not true. It belongs to Disneyland. The company no longer decides things of this nature after the demise and dismantling of the OneDisney Initiative. If OneDisney was still in place, this might be true, but it isn't - so it's not. When MSEP was sent to Orlando, OneDisney was still in place and it was for the good of the whole - that philosophy and program are now dead.

The fact that OneDisney isn't in place is prime evidence for why the MSEP was sent back to Disneyland. Walt Disney World didn't own it, Disneyland did and still does. They decided they wanted their parade back while they took PTN down for maintenance. Therefore, they got their parade back and Walt Disney World had no mechanism to stop it.

It would take a VERY powerful push at the top for Disneyland to be forced to send PTN to Walt Disney World (like, Bob Chapek getting directly involved and overriding the management team at Disneyland - which I don't see happening).

TTA94

This news popped up today on another famous Disneyland-centric message board, from a trusted insider...

"Paint The Night returning Holiday 2017. No confirmed date yet, but many of the costumes have been modified and the floats are being refurbished."

Good! PTN returns to DL, MSEP goes to the trash compactor and the focus can be on WDW getting its own brand new nighttime parade... hopefully sooner rather than later.

brb1006

This news popped up today on another famous Disneyland-centric message board, from a trusted insider...

"Paint The Night returning Holiday 2017. No confirmed date yet, but many of the costumes have been modified and the floats are being refurbished."
Now can we finally put PTN coming to WDW a rest now?

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Trying... to... resist... temptation...

I can't help it, sorry.

baghdad-bob-paint-the-night-is-coming-to-wdw.jpg

InsideDisney

Most likely just for the holidays. Then prob they will return the Main Street Electrical parade. (Pretty sad that DL is still dragging the MSEP along with them)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Breaking fake news!!!! I heard that WDW will be getting the parades from all the overseas parks and melding them into one humongous parade that will last 2 hours and debut in September. Parade floats have been secretly shipped in unmarked crates to WDW, where they are being reassembled under a tent.

Hey, this making-stuff-up-as-you-go is kind of fun...

:cautious:

Cesar R M

Trying... to... resist... temptation...

I can't help it, sorry.

View attachment 203812
"We Will get Paint the Night, we will burn the infidels who dared to defy our random rumors taken from random shady places around the globe with no reputation whatsoever"

Breaking fake news!!!! I heard that WDW will be getting the parades from all the overseas parks and melding them into one humongous parade that will last 2 hours and debut in September. Parade floats have been secretly shipped in unmarked crates to WDW, where they are being reassembled under a tent.

Hey, this making-stuff-up-as-you-go is kind of fun...

:cautious:
HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!! :hilarious:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Just the person who insists that PTN is coming to WDW and has multiple "sources" (Aka. anonymous internet sources and bus driver-level "insider information") to back him up. He got his original account banned and came back with a new pseudonym. I mean, allegedly came back under a new pseudonym. I'm sure the "Dj_brian" account being banned and the "Disney2017" account popping up at the same time and then posting the same things is a complete coincidence.

And... Half-Life 3??? :D:D:D I'm apparently not the only one who remembers the huge hullabaloo around Half-Life 2 back in the day!!

Cesar R M

Just the person who insists that PTN is coming to WDW and has multiple "sources" (Aka. anonymous internet sources and bus driver-level "insider information") to back him up. He got his original account banned and came back with a new pseudonym. I mean, allegedly came back under a new pseudonym. I'm sure the "Dj_brian" account being banned and the "Disney2017" account popping up at the same time and then posting the same things is a complete coincidence.

And... Half-Life 3??? :D:D:D I'm apparently not the only one who remembers the huge hullabaloo around Half-Life 2 back in the day!!
Best part was Gabe saying that for every mention of Half Life "confirmed". He would delay the game a month.
At this rate we will see it by 2399.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom