Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

TTA94

My friend that is a cm at WDW and works backstage has been hearing quite a bit of drama from the parade executives about nighttime parades... At least it's good to know that they are thinking about nighttime parades.

Sadly there is no short term solution. Even if a new parade gets green lite soon, it won't be ready until sometime next year.

tl77

yes...many come to the MK assuming there is a nighttime parade and don't even know they no longer have one until they learn the hard way...then the complaints happen (and I have been told this has been happening to some degree)
"Guest Complaints" seem to be the only way things get done at WDW, someone should shoot video of people lining up for a non-existent parade and put it on YouTube, I think that may be the only reason Splash Mountain gets referbed

Disney2017

"Guest Complaints" seem to be the only way things get done at WDW, someone should shoot video of people lining up for a non-existent parade and put it on YouTube, I think that may be the only reason Splash Mountain gets referbed
Still till this day guests at Mk sit along the parade route at night and then others think that there will be a parade so they join them and that's how it starts.... They should just post signs around Mk saying "No Nighttime parade"

brb1006

Still till this day guests at Mk sit along the parade route at night and then others think that there will be a parade so they join them and that's how it starts.... They should just post signs around Mk saying "No Nighttime parade"
I seen photos of the exact thing and it's also sad to look at.

Disney Analyst

I honestly do not understand how people are this stupid (not trying to be rude..) but like, really? Do you not research when you're travelling? Do you not look at an events calendar or entertainment guide? Like people are so ridiculous... I want a parade, there is no parade... why the heck are people waiting at night for a parade?!

Disney2017

I honestly do not understand how people are this stupid (not trying to be rude..) but like, really? Do you not research when you're travelling? Do you not look at an events calendar or entertainment guide? Like people are so ridiculous... I want a parade, there is no parade... why the heck are people waiting at night for a parade?!
Sometimes locals sit down with them so they can show to disney that they want a parade and it may be working a bit... Cm's are well aware of why people are siting there..

mikenatcity1

That's their fault completely. As much as it pains me to say this- that is 100% their fault. They have maps and all sort of stuff to prepare people. If they are sitting on the ground waiting for a parade, perhaps they should check and see if it's going to be offered? I would hate to see a sign only because people don't look at what is available.

Disney Analyst

Sometimes locals sit down with them so they can show to disney that they want a parade and it may be working a bit... Cm's are well aware of why people are siting there..

So locals are protesting, which then draws in tourists who don't know any better to wait and waste their precious time on their vacation? Yeesh.

Disney2017

I don't think any locals care enough to waste time at the MK 'protesting' something out of their control. Maybe the bloggers and the CPs? But normal locals? We have better things to do, lol.
Yup, I caught a couple of people that live on my street and next block sitting there at mk every once and then... When i go on weekends

IanDLBZF

That's their fault completely. As much as it pains me to say this- that is 100% their fault. They have maps and all sort of stuff to prepare people. If they are sitting on the ground waiting for a parade, perhaps they should check and see if it's going to be offered? I would hate to see a sign only because people don't look at what is available.
Pretty much Disney was at fault, as much as the guests were. Just remember the 5 P's: Prior planning prevents poor performance! If Disney had known the side effects, they would've thought about it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The parade wasn't a sometimes offered event though. It was an institution that's happened like clockwork for decades.

It's like assuming the Magic Kingdom will be open when you go on vacation.

brb1006

I bet most of these guests are only aware of an electrical parade since they constantly watch the WDW Vacation Planning videos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom