Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

surfsupdon

I still miss the heck out of this parade. It really fit the nighttime atmosphere of MK since it felt more peaceful like your favorite Disney characters are saying goodbye to guests (It's even more effective if it's your last night at the resort).

Effective in the sense that you ball your eyes out on that last night!

I still cannot believe that MK does not have a light parade. Wow

surfsupdon

It really gets to you when you see the final float featuring Minnie,Donald, and Jiminy Cricket when they are all in white.
With the lyrics too...though we say goodnight, we've cast this spell that won't be broken let this night forever, live in your dreams (that's at least how I hear it lol).

I'm a guy, and even during my HS and college years I'd be fighting back tears hoping my friends and family never saw. But I also knew it was the BEST time to ask my parents, "Do you think we'll ever be back?" bc the parade stirred so many emotions.
I have seeen PTN, and I do not feel the score-or the vibe- illicit similar emotions.

brb1006

With the lyrics too...though we say goodnight, we've cast this spell that won't be broken let this night forever, live in your dreams (that's at least how I hear it lol).

I'm a guy, and even during my HS and college years I'd be fighting back tears hoping my friends and family never saw. But I also knew it was the BEST time to ask my parents, "Do you think we'll ever be back?" bc the parade stirred so many emotions.
I have seeen PTN, and I do not feel the score-or the vibe- illicit similar emotions.
Yep those lyrics are correct.

rodserling27

Yes, they were cheap. Thanks to one Paul Pressler, TDA had a few other things to be concerned about back when it did not have a nighttime parade.

TDA owns the MSEP, it was only on loan to WDW. TDO has only "owned" one parade - SpectroMagic. They also have an extremely short-sighted view on parades - Do whatever is cheapest.

TDO also has a long-standing reputation with parade float maintenance, or lack thereof, otherwise the MSEP would never have needed to come back to the swamps. Ask some CMs in DL about their neglect of parade floats sometime.
Agree with it all except the bold is incorrect - WDW owned its original version of the MSEP from '77 to '91. ;)

jrhwdw

Does anyone know whats happening with the Festival of fantasy? Are the floats going through maintenance? The day before the dragon float was missing and today the whale float was missing.
Was there threatening weather today? The Whale is cut in weather. Although, I've never understood why Pinocchio doesn't get off his float and walk those days.

Don't know about the dragon though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom