Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
As much as I love the night parades, I will say it was very nice not to have to navigate around one when we were there last month.

I would rather have to navigate around one, but I'm looking for the positives here.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So you must have been calling Disneyland cheap for the past 20 years when they did not have a nighttime parade? Just because a park does not have a nighttime parade does not mean it's cheap... WDW had to ship the msep to Disneyland since Disneyland wanted it back to replace Ptn.

Yes, they were cheap. Thanks to one Paul Pressler, TDA had a few other things to be concerned about back when it did not have a nighttime parade.

TDA owns the MSEP, it was only on loan to WDW. TDO has only "owned" one parade - SpectroMagic. They also have an extremely short-sighted view on parades - Do whatever is cheapest.

TDO also has a long-standing reputation with parade float maintenance, or lack thereof, otherwise the MSEP would never have needed to come back to the swamps. Ask some CMs in DL about their neglect of parade floats sometime.

brb1006

For now it is replacing ptn until it comes back or whatever is gonna happen... Also i do not get how TDO is cheap...
You don't see Walt Disney World (TDO) doing stuff like this anymore let alone making commercials that actually made guests want to visit WDW. Take a look at this commercial promoting the 20th anniversary for the resort from 1991 and all the variety and entertainment they used to have at each of the resorts.
[

brb1006

Because they save a small fortune in PAC, entertainment, ops....

Yes, they were cheap. Thanks to one Paul Pressler, TDA had a few other things to be concerned about back when it did not have a nighttime parade.

TDA owns the MSEP, it was only on loan to WDW. TDO has only "owned" one parade - SpectroMagic. They also have an extremely short-sighted view on parades - Do whatever is cheapest.

TDO also has a long-standing reputation with parade float maintenance, or lack thereof, otherwise the MSEP would never have needed to come back to the swamps. Ask some CMs in DL about their neglect of parade floats sometime.
I seriously think most Disneyland locals who never been to WDW take there things for granted.

brb1006

So wait a minute, The MSEP returned in 2010 so they could perform maintenance on Spectro, which they never did and ended up with nothing? That makes them look even worse than they already did.
If they didn't go with the final conclusion to Spectro then the parade would still be shown at WDW.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The SpectroMagic floats were destroyed due to the decision by TDO to store them outside, with only a tent to cover them (Think the portable security tents but bigger). Only one or two floats had enough of their structure survive where they could be refurbished, the rest were irreparable. Rather than try to recreate the floats, they scrapped the parade for good, and disposed of them into half a dozen dumpsters backstage. :mad:

brb1006

The SpectroMagic floats were destroyed due to the decision by TDO to store them outside, with only a tent to cover them (Think the portable security tents but bigger). Only one or two floats had enough of their structure survive where they could be refurbished, the rest were irreparable. Rather than try to recreate the floats, they scrapped the parade for good, and disposed of them into half a dozen dumpsters backstage. :mad:
It's stuff like this were I wish Walt Disney World had there own parade storage and refurbishment building.

oceanbreeze77

So wait a minute, The MSEP returned in 2010 so they could perform maintenance on Spectro, which they never did and ended up with nothing? That makes them look even worse than they already did.
I have no idea what spectra is, and neither do many of the people visiting WDW thats why they can get away with it. Like someone pointed out APs at DL are the main park goers and when some stuff shady stuff is pulled....we know

brb1006

"There's enough land here for almost anything we can possibly Imagine"
Didn't Jammin Jungle parade had it's own storage location at AK? I remember years ago while Pandora was under construction I seen a picture for one of the backstage buildings that contained the parade logo and mentioned that is where the floats were (Or used to be) stored at.

brb1006

I have no idea what spectra is, and neither do many of the people visiting WDW thats why they can get away with it. Like someone pointed out APs at DL are the main park goers and when some stuff shady stuff is pulled....we know

He's talking about Spectromagic (And Spectro is not Spectra) which ran for almost 20 years and was the only Walt Disney World exclusive electrical parade. The reason alot of people (Especially Walt Disney World fans/locals) are still talking about it despite it no longer existing is because of how creative the floats were along with the parade score and the main highlight being the finale.
SIT333444LARGE.jpg

SIT111222LARGE.jpg

Come on how when was the last time you seen an electrical parade where the characters costumes and floats all changed from a typical color into white?

Also you have no idea what "Spectra" (Spectromagic) is until now?
giphy.gif

Last edited:

oceanbreeze77

He's talking about Spectromagic (And Spectro is not Spectra) which ran for almost 20 years and was the only Walt Disney World exclusive parade. The reason alot of people (Especially Walt Disney World fans/locals) are still talking about it despite it no longer existing is because of how creative the floats were along with the parade score and the main highlight being the finale.
SIT333444LARGE.jpg

SIT111222LARGE.jpg

Come on how when was the last time you seen an electrical parade where the characters costumes changed from a typical color into white?

Also you have no idea what "Spectra" (Spectromagic is) until now?
giphy.gif
I keep hearing of it but I haven't actually seen it! Those costumes seem awesome!

JoeCamel

Didn't Jammin Jungle parade had it's own storage location at AK? I remember years ago while Pandora was under construction I seen a picture for one of the backstage buildings that contained the parade logo and mentioned that is where the floats were (Or used to be) stored at.
Yes, it was spacious when compared to where they jammed MSEP every night

brb1006

Watch and weep at what we once had at Magic Kingdom </3 :cry:

I still miss the heck out of this parade. It really fit the nighttime atmosphere of MK since it felt more peaceful like your favorite Disney characters are saying goodbye to guests (It's even more effective if it's your last night at the resort).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom