Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

HMF

The float still survives but they might have wanted to find a certain way for Pinocchio to be more interactive on the parade route besides sitting. At least he was more energetic in the 80's and and 90's. Since he and Lampwick in the original version were moving like crazy and Pinocchio was stomping his feet in tune to the "Over The Waves" and "I Got No Strings" soundtrack.
Actually it was badly damaged during the trip from Florida to California.

Disney Analyst

To each their own

Exactly haha.. so it's not like anyone can determine that it's a terrible soundtrack just because they dislike the style. I love Lady Gaga, as do you... many do not. Art is fully subjective.

I love the modern take on the MSEP. Lots of little nods, but a completely new experience. And it does have a huge following, it was a wildly popular parade.

Just look at the original last day video of it. It was all 20 something's chasing the parade and having a dance party as it went past the gate to exit for a final time. It appeals to people, for sure... and I don't think it's fair to ignore that it has fans, but it is not the MSEP, and wasn't supposed to be.

I have yet to see a parade that truly fits the aesthetic of the parade route.. but I never really thought parades needed to. They come and go so quickly, and everything is back as it was once it is over.

Disney Analyst

I prefer the modern take that Dreamlights gives

And that's totally fair. Neither of us are right or wrong. In the end.. Disney decides what Disney presents to the public.. and it will please some, and not please others.

All I care about is something that isn't MSEP, entertaining, modern, and magical. Whether it be PTN, or a new parade. But let MSEP go to a museum. Please.

Pam Hates Penguins

Here is what people are making the Cars unit out to be:

upload_2017-1-21_16-56-19.png

TTA94

Is PTN the best choice for MK? No it's not. But until WDW can get their own parade, hopefully a SpectroMagic 2.0 or something like Dreamlights, I think PTN would be a great fill in! Although how long TDA would allow TDO to keep PTN I don't know, and would TDO actually use this time to do the Right thing and build a new parade while they are borrowing PTN?

Last edited:

TTA94

They are not that wide, they are a bit more larger tho

If it's true that MKs parade route is wider that DL, I'm wondering if the PTN floats would look tiny at MK? I think Way back when there were rumors of Parade of Dreams coming to MK there were concerns the floats would be to small and spacing would be a issue.

TTA94

As for FOF, should it be chosen for MK nights instead of PTN, here's a video that gives you some idea of what we could expect, though hopefully it would actually be night rather than dusk, and more lighting used.

TP2000

If it's true that MKs parade route is wider that DL, I'm wondering if the PTN floats would look tiny at MK? I think Way back when there were rumors of Parade of Dreams coming to MK there were concerns the floats would be to small and spacing would be a issue.

The two Main Street USA streets are exactly identical in width and length, from curb to curb and from Train Station to Castle. The Hub streets are also identical, with the same distance from Casey's/Coke Corner at the end of the street to the Castle wall across the Hub. Although WDW obviously now has additional detour side-paths to bypass the Hub after its recent reconfiguration, and once you get beyond the Hub the buffer areas between the lands are larger at WDW, but that doesn't impact the parade route and viewing area.
Hubs.png

The Disneyland parade route's narrowest spot is Matterhorn Way, which is slightly wider than the Liberty Square bridge. The rest of the route through Disneyland's Fantasyland is very wide, with tiered viewing terraces and bypass walkways around the parade viewing area. It's wider and has more viewing capacity than the WDW section of the route through MK's Frontierland, with gentle curves throughout the route instead of the 90 degree turn from Liberty Square into Frontierland.
i-5fwMnjc-L.jpg

Most of those widened streets and custom built parade viewing spaces at Disneyland were built in 1997 to get ready for the truly massive Light Magic floats. Light Magic was a giant flop that only lasted one summer, but the parade infrastructure changes to Disneyland continue to pay off two decades later. Thus, Disneyland's floats can be larger.

TTA94

The two Main Street USA streets are exactly identical in width and length, from curb to curb and from Train Station to Castle. The Hub streets are also identical, with the same distance from Casey's/Coke Corner at the end of the street to the Castle wall across the Hub. Although WDW obviously now has additional detour side-paths to bypass the Hub after its recent reconfiguration, and once you get beyond the Hub the buffer areas between the lands are larger at WDW, but that doesn't impact the parade route and viewing area.
Hubs.png

The Disneyland parade route's narrowest spot is Matterhorn Way, which is slightly wider than the Liberty Square bridge. The rest of the route through Disneyland's Fantasyland is very wide, with tiered viewing terraces and bypass walkways around the parade viewing area. It's wider and has more viewing capacity than the WDW section of the route through MK's Frontierland, with gentle curves throughout the route instead of the 90 degree turn from Liberty Square into Frontierland.
i-5fwMnjc-L.jpg

Most of those widened streets and custom built parade viewing spaces at Disneyland were built in 1997 to get ready for the truly massive Light Magic floats. Light Magic was a giant flop that only lasted one summer, but the parade infrastructure changes to Disneyland continue to pay off two decades later. Thus, Disneyland's floats can be larger.

Thanks for explaining :)

TTA94

There is also the question what happens with the refurb the PTN floats and costumes were supposed to receive. Would TDA still do the refurb then ship it out? Would TDO take on the refurb at WDW? Or would the refurb not happen at all?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom