Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You left off part of the quote...
Orlando needs a quick fix and this might be the solution for right now.
Depends if you think the garish, rave induced halluciogenic parade is a suitable fit for the MK. Not to mention the backlash when the peak summer season starts to find the parade has gone back to CA.

Running FoF at night is also a quick fix solution for right now. And is being looked at.

wdwfan22

Depends if you think the garish, rave induced halluciogenic parade is a suitable fit for the MK. Not to mention the backlash when the peak summer season starts to find the parade has gone back to CA.

Running FoF at night is also a quick fix solution for right now. And is being looked at.

Festival of Fantasy shouldn't even be an option. It's not a quick fix taking something already being offered and moving it to night time. That move won't boost attendance at all.

jrhwdw

It was early August when the news came out that it was ending Oct 9. It wasn't just onlen. it was on local newscasts as well. So most people should know now. TDO suould be wooride about when the Peak Summer fins out there;s no replacement and(GOD FORBID!)no ROL yet! IMO, Peolple should be apalled not that there;

PREMiERdrum

As much as I appreciate FoF, I'd value PTN as a hopefully short-term additional to fill the gap than a slightly different take on the parade guests saw just hours before.

I agree that the best solution would have been to have a new parade fasttracked already, but we know that isn't happening. Additionally, after the underwhelming Live E work coming from the mouse recently, I'd almost rather wait until there is better vision and direction there before cash is dropped on a new nighttime parade that we're inevitability stuck with for a decade or more.

jrhwdw

It was early August when the news came out that it was ending Oct 9. It wasn't just online, it was on local newscasts as well. So most people should know now. TDO should be worried about when the Peak Summer finds out that there's no replacement and(GOD FORBID!)no ROL yet! IMO, People should be appalled now that there's no talk of a replacement yet, let alone a ROL opening date! Before MSEP came home, It seem that the talk in TDO was just about DOA. But that rumor yesterday morning by another site gives me a tiny bit of hope that TDO might be trying to get back into a good light. Hopefully that wasn't just "clickbait" by that other site!

jrhwdw

This is from the premiere night, where you could take photos with the floats, am I looking at this correctly???DL didn't bother to take DEP off the drum???? Just added DL P MSEP?? Or are those just the DEP scars? I was wondering why it wasn't the updated lighting.

C2l_JDKVEAQ3g_I.jpg

Could DEP live again?

PREMiERdrum

This is from the premiere night, where you could take photos with the floats, am I looking at this correctly???DL didn't bother to take DEP off the drum???? Just added DL P MSEP?? Or are those just the DEP scars? I was wondering why it wasn't the updated lighting.

C2l_JDKVEAQ3g_I.jpg

Could DEP live again?

Good spot. I first thought it was just the remnants of where the last set of signage was, but looking more closely, it very well could be the old gear. The new "Disneyland Presents" fonting looks really shoddy.

jrhwdw

Good spot. I first thought it was just the remnants of where the last set of signage was, but looking more closely, it very well could be the old gear. The new "Disneyland Presents" fonting looks really shoddy.
I thought DL P was off center! Now we know why! I know DL P is retro but they should have used the updated lighting!

MagicHappens1971

From what I remember, it wasn't that MKs parade route wasn't wide enough, minus people being skeptical about the bridge. I believe it was stated that there are backstage turns that are too sharp for PTN

TTA94

Wait if PTN did come to WDW it would be for the summer, right? Surely they couldn't ship it, do rehearsals and everything else in time for a Spring break debut?

Now running FOF at night during Spring break and until PTN was ready would make sense.

HMF

C2l_JDKVEAQ3g_I.jpg

Could DEP live again?
I think it's just a scar. after all it did say "Disney's Electrical Parade" from 2001 all the way to last year.

Last edited:

brb1006

The Main Street Electrical Parade made its third formal debut in Anaheim tonight (1972, 2001, 2017). It's looking reasonably refurbished, but just as hokey and 1970's as always.

Now all this thread needs is the formal announcement that the MSEP will stay at Disneyland past its announced closing date of June 18th and that Paint The Night will be moving to WDW this summer.

I'm sure TDA will keep there promise for the parade ending for real on June 18th.

brb1006

What would have been impressive would have been to return the Blue Fairy to the front of the parade! :)
And the Dumbo section which I still don't understand why they didn't return to floats despite an actual soundtrack created for that float that is still unusued but was going to be used for its 2009 renewal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom