Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

sweetpee_1993

Polydweller

Disney has had companies in the parks since DL's opening day. It's more a question of how the Starbucks is themed and how their products are integrated. If they do it like DLR things should be fine in MK and the Disney products we like should still be there. They do say it will be appropriately themed and the staff will wear period costumes. If so, it may be alright and time will tell.

Fountainview is a no brainier. Starbucks fits there quite easily and might actually improve the spot.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Take the time to look at that link, y'all! It's not gaudy or out of place the way it was done. The display cases inside have Starbucks grub but they also have plenty of Disney's treats as well. Hang in there and wait to see what it's actually like before you freak out completely. The coffee alternative was desperately needed!
I didn't see pans of freshly baked ciniman rolls drenched in sugary icing which if I remember correctly was how they were served before.....but I may be wrong.

luvtink

Take the time to look at that link, y'all! It's not gaudy or out of place the way it was done. The display cases inside have Starbucks grub but they also have plenty of Disney's treats as well. Hang in there and wait to see what it's actually like before you freak out completely. The coffee alternative was desperately needed!

I really hope they incorporate Starbucks along with the Main Street Bakery items like they did at DL. That way DW would get some really great coffee drinks and still get to keep the "icon" Main Street Bakery has become. I can't wait to stop by the bakery in December!

cbsav

Wow, if they really do take out everything and just dump in a Starbucks instead of just incorporating the coffee that will be terrible. Its chain coffee shop taking overan iconic main street shop...sad day indeed. I can't actually believe this....

John

I like coffee but really dont care for the high octane of Starbucks, what I dont get is why do they have to take out the bakery. IMO it was a way to do away with a buisness that cost money to operate and replace it with a buisness that dosnt cost them a penny not to mention make a percentage of the take. But we lose another piece of ambiance. I dont care what Walt tould have liked or not. I dont like it. I also dont care if anybody thinks I want the place to stay as a museum. Another place that I thought as a comfort zone....lost. I know I am going to have someone call me a fanboi or snorting the pixie dust....frankly I dont care. The bakery has gone the way of the antique store....or other great little details that made WDW and MK what it was. NOW we have some corporate crap hole...just what I wanted a Starbucks on MS. Yea....Starbucks scream early twenienth century to me. Maybe they will have WI-FI and put little tables outside and all the thirtysomethings can sit around like they do at my local mall....A cup of cofee there cost almost five bucks....what do you think it will cost in MK ?

John

I dont mind the thought of Starbucks in the parks as much as I dont like the idea of replaceing the bakery with one. Its coffee....why not an large kiosk or something. MS ? why something as Iconic as MS ?

WDW1974

Gee, I wonder what Spirited said this was happening a while back? ... yeah, must have been JT (what happened to the little fella?)

Now, this may shock some of you, but I don't have one problem with this and actually think it's a good thing. Outside of Jiko and Kona Cafe, it's been a good decade plus since I had anything resembling decent coffee at WDW.

The locations will likely be far better looking and run once Starbucks comes in. They (and Disney) did a phenomenal job with the DCA locale. I see no reason to worry here. Seriously. Take a deep breath ... things will be fine.

Condorman

Why would they do it any different than at DCA? The top two rows are for Starbucks items, and the bottom three rows are for Disney treats. You get better coffee and more food choices, and subtle signage inside and out to demarcate an outpost of Starbucks. Everybody wins.

DSC06643-600x450.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
People complain about fat people on rascals blocking up the sidewalks and taking up too much space on buses. Disney finally listened and got rid of the bakery and replaced it with nice healthy Starbucks coffee. Wait, that Venti Caramel latte is 500 calories??? ;)

I kinda like Starbucks so I can't complain too much, but it is a change to tradition.

alissafalco

Gee, I wonder what Spirited said this was happening a while back? ... yeah, must have been JT (what happened to the little fella?)

Now, this may shock some of you, but I don't have one problem with this and actually think it's a good thing. Outside of Jiko and Kona Cafe, it's been a good decade plus since I had anything resembling decent coffee at WDW.

The locations will likely be far better looking and run once Starbucks comes in. They (and Disney) did a phenomenal job with the DCA locale. I see no reason to worry here. Seriously. Take a deep breath ... things will be fine.

Ok, I'll try :(

WDW1974

Why would they do it any different than at DCA? The top two rows are for Starbucks items, and the bottom three rows are for Disney treats. You get better coffee and more food choices, and subtle signage inside and out to demarcate an outpost of Starbucks. Everybody wins.

DSC06643-600x450.jpg

Can't believe it, but I actually agree 100% with this! (more the poster, than the content)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom