Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Dasnowz

I do not mind a Starbucks but the bakery is one of the only places to get a quick vegetarian option in the park. They have a yummy mozzarella/tomato sandwich with balsamic drizzle and basil pesto. The choices are so limited already and they are removing more. I know the cinnamon rolls are now back in Fantasyland. I wonder if they will serve some of starbucks grab and go boxes. We like the protein one offered in some stores. It has a hard boiled egg, peanut butter, cheese, cracker, grapes and apples.

Pentacat

Original Poster
I have no issue with Starbucks especially given the sad state of coffee on Disney property. It's just sad that they will let a major corporation hawk their wares on Main Street while pavilions in Epcot go unsponsored for years. And yes I understand the difference in cost and investment but it's the principal of it.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm not a fan of the idea, but I'll save my angry tirade in case it doesn't look okay thematically.
I know a lot of you will say it can't be done, but I have faith.
I know that they can, and probably will, theme it correctly. From what I remember seeing, they did a great job with the one at DCA. For me it's just the fact that I can get Starbucks literally anywhere, while the bakery was strictly WDW. I don't love Starbucks as is, and don't know how much I will look forward to visiting this one like I did the bakery.

Biff215

Maybe Tony's can be swapped out with an Olive Garden!

IMO, that's a tossup on which would actually be better...

Not sure how I feel about this. We love the bakery, but this could be an improvement, especially if they find a way to reconfigure that space to work better for seating. I was much more concerned about the Plaza rumor, as believe it or not, that is the only table service restaurant we really care for in the MK. Of course Be Our Guest should change that, but you can actually get a reservation at the Plaza!

midwest_mice

Will miss the great cinnamon rolls. But as long as they have them in FLE, I won't mind too much. Not a coffee drinker so Starbucks doesn't matter to me, my wife will be happy though:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom